CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 443UFCA, 15-20, Green Meadows Park, Sep'91

Babyslims

Reaction score
Doe Network case file 443UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/443ufca.html

• The victim was discovered on September 11, 1991 in Los Angeles, California in
  • Estimated Date of Death: within 24 hours of discovery
  • Victim of Homicide

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 170 lbs
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, to mid back, dark brown/black hair -- short layers in front and sides; brown eyes. Scars to right knee, left calf, and to right clavicle. She also had 2 areas of different skin pigmantation on abdomen.
  • Clothing: White cloth bra, black socks, brown leather hiking boots with lacing up the front. She possibly wore glasses.
Case History
The victim was located in a park at 431 East 89th Street in Los Angeles

http://coroner.co.la.ca.us/htm/uipdetail.cfm?proc_flg=L&unid_case_num=1991-08384

Maria Medina could be her.
http://www.missingincalifornia.com/mariamedina1989.html

Share | MissinginCalifornia Home Page
Maria Gabriela Medina
Description at time of Disappearance:

Date Missing: March 3, 1989 from the City and County of Los Angeles, California.
Date of Birth: January 30, 1970
Age at Disappearance: 19
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 115
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Race/Sex: Hispanic, Female
Maria was last seen wearing a gray sweater with a black stripe, a black skirt, beige shoes, and carrying a black purse. She has a birthmark on her left thigh, approximately 8 inches in diameter, and a birthmark approximately 2 ½ inches long on her left foot.

Details:
Maria has not been seen or heard from since March 3, 1989. She was last seen leaving her place of employment located in the area of 6th and Los Angeles St. in Los Angeles, headed towards the area of 9th and Los Angeles St.

Agency Contact:

According to Google Earth, the park she was found at was the Green Meadows Recreation Center. It is a few blocks from the 110 Freeway. I wonder why they thought that she may have worn glasses.

According to Google Earth, the park she was found at was the Green Meadows Recreation Center. It is a few blocks from the 110 Freeway. I wonder why they thought that she may have worn glasses.

I've seen her morgue photo and you can see where the nose pads sit on her face. I've always wondered if this girl could be:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/roberson_blanca.html

I had saved all the photos from the LA county coroner's website, but my computer caught a virus and it corrupted everything on the hard drive.

I had saved all the photos from the LA county coroner's website, but my computer caught a virus and it corrupted everything on the hard drive.

Dang! Are you sure that nothing is salvageable? I've been looking everywhere trying to find copies of those LA County photos. I have a few of them, but only the ones for which I did reconstructions.

There's an interesting story in today's LA Times about the LAPD's one-of-a-kind murder library, which, when completed, will contain the casefiles on all murders (solved and unsolved) in Los Angeles.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-...0131119-dto,0,7020471.htmlstory#axzz2l7C4o9AE

There is a brief mention of this Jane Doe.

There's the case of Jane Doe #62, who was discovered in a South Los Angeles park in 1991, naked from the waist down, her face in a pool of blood. Detectives worked leads that stretched to Mexico, but she was never identified, and the case was never solved.

This recon of Jane Doe #62 is not that close, IMO.

443UFCA.jpg

This is more like what Jane Doe #62 looks like:

df0558c3-3114-4005-9d23-d8ea17231361.jpg

I wish post-mortem photos were available on this case. I feel that often that they are more useful for identification than drawings are.

Any pm photo for this girl? I always get her mixed up with another UID found in LA in 1991. The other girl I believe was quite short though.

Since she's listed as 5'2" and 170 lbs, having a picture that makes her look heavier is good.

I've been meaning to revise that image to show her heavier, and never got around to it. That will have to be on my to-do list.

Any pm photo for this girl? I always get her mixed up with another UID found in LA in 1991. The other girl I believe was quite short though.

You might be thinking of the 1992 Los Angeles Jane Doe that both Carl and the NCMEC reconstructed (NCMEC's version does differ considerably from Carl's and the morgue photo of her)

As far as I know, this 1991 Jane Doe does not have a PM photo available. I had actually thought Carl had used one in his version but after I looked through the feed, it appears that he used Barbara Martin-Bailey's sketch as a reference. I have yet to find this Jane Doe's PM through the "Jane Doe" YouTube channel or anywhere else.

All I really know is that this poor girl was a murder victim and the expression depicted in her sketch looks pained, so the PM is probably graphic.

You might be thinking of the 1992 Los Angeles Jane Doe that both Carl and the NCMEC reconstructed (NCMEC's version does differ considerably from Carl's and the morgue photo of her)

As far as I know, this 1991 Jane Doe does not have a PM photo available. I had actually thought Carl had used one in his version but after I looked through the feed, it appears that he used Barbara Martin-Bailey's sketch as a reference. I have yet to find this Jane Doe's PM through the "Jane Doe" YouTube channel or anywhere else.

All I really know is that this poor girl was a murder victim and the expression depicted in her sketch looks pained, so the PM is probably graphic.

I have the PM of her. It is not particularly graphic compared to others I've seen, but if she is ever ID'd, I'm sure her family would not want that photo all over the internet.

Since she's listed as 5'2" and 170 lbs, having a picture that makes her look heavier is good.

I've been meaning to revise that image to show her heavier, and never got around to it. That will have to be on my to-do list.

Here is the revision, showing her much heavier than I had depicted in my previous version:

df0558c3-3114-4005-9d23-d8ea17231361.jpg

In the PM photo, you can't really see that she is that heavy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back