Thread: Child in Coma After Enduring Horrific Child Abuse

Child in Coma After Enduring Horrific Child Abuse

[SIZE=]An eight-year-old girl is in the hospital in a coma. Police say she was brutally attacked by her own mother and her mother's girlfriend.
    The Clark County district attorney's office says the young girl is not on life support but is still unresponsive at Sunrise Hospital after being hit with electrical cords, belts, and then choked.
    The abuse took place in August.
    Police say it wasn't a one time beating by the mother and girlfriend; it had been going on for several weeks.
    The door to the apartment in southeast Las Vegas has, for the most part, remained closed for the last two months ever since the abuse that took place inside.
    Police say Monique Anita Elliot beat her eight-year-old girl and nine-year-old son all with help of her girlfriend Shatanna Williams.
    Neighbors say they never suspected a thing.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7233377

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    She's been in a coma since August after suffering 3 strokes during the beatings.

speechless

edited to add, I was so mad I forgot the link!

Sami

[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 10-19-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Crackheads! GRRRR!!!!

Bless her little heart. I cannot imagine how horrendous life was for those children. I am glad the little boy is okay. He can help put both of those &itches away!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Let me at em'

They have the faces of pure evil too..somehow when I saw their pictures they looked exactly like I thought they would. How can evil come in pairs like that? I just don't understand..

I truly cannot comprehend how anyone can harm children so severely, I must walk around with my eyes shut.

I always try to think the best about everyone, but people like this you can only hate, and I dont even know them.

How tragic.

If this poor young girl recovers I hope she has no permanent damage and doesnt recall what happened to her.

God bless those poor innocent children.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    that's terrible
    Prom 2008

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    From the article linked in the first post on this thread:

An arrest warrant says the child suffered three strokes inside the apartment she called home after Elliott and Williams beat her with cords and belts. The two children were also forced to squat while holding phone books over their heads for a period of time and then do push ups.

A criminal complaint says the little girl was also choked. 911 wasn't called until the next day.

and

Metro Lieutenant Brian Evans said, "The suspects in question believed they were just disciplining the kids. But you have to keep in mind that in the discipline process, it can lead to injuries and these injuries were very severe."

The nine-year-old boy is now okay, but police say the eight-year-old girl will never fully recover.

Neighbors are now wishing they could have done something to help.

How sad for these children!

Did the little girl have the strokes because of the pain she was being dealt?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Did the little girl have the strokes because of the pain she was being dealt?
    Maybe from being choked? I'm not sure exactly which part of the abuse caused the strokes but it is so sad that she will never fully recover.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    What in the world do these people do? Do they sit around and plot these punishments that are more like torture than anything?? Belts, cord, squating with phonebooks???? I can't imagine it.

I am sooooooo sick and tired of hearing stories like this. And on that note-
    I say kill the b*tches.
    These creeps don't deserve to live. Child beaters, child rapist, child kidnappers ext. should be exempt from trials. If it's a fact that they've harmed a child--take em down.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Metro Lieutenant Brian Evans said, "The suspects in question believed they were just disciplining the kids. But you have to keep in mind that in the discipline process, it can lead to injuries and these injuries were very severe."

The nine-year-old boy is now okay, but police say the eight-year-old girl will never fully recover.

Neighbors are now wishing they could have done something to help.
    God in heaven I so hope that this Officer does not believe what he himself is saying...this went far beyond any discipline, and the injuries are worse than severe....

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I say kill the b*tches.
    These creeps don't deserve to live. Child beaters, child rapist, child kidnappers ext. should be exempt from trials. If it's a fact that they've harmed a child--take em down.
    Yeah what she said!

That woman in the top picture looks like a man.

They are a couple of really mean B######.

Neighbor:

"I never saw any marks or bruises. The kids were always laughing and smiling," Theresa Johnson added.

LE said this had been going on for a few weeks. Those children could not have been laughing and smiling unless they hadn't been seen by the neighbors for quite a while.

People seem to see what they think they should see.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I say kill the b*tches.
    I like the way they used to punish people in the Bible- stone them.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    I like the way they used to punish people in the Bible- stone them.
    Calikid,
    Me too!

I can't imagine it either. I would like to take a belt, cord, to the two of them and see how big bad b**ches they feel then?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    What in the world do these people do? Do they sit around and plot these punishments that are more like torture than anything?? Belts, cord, squating with phonebooks???? I can't imagine it.