GUILTY NC - Harmony Creech, 11 mos, Spring Lake, Aug 2007

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Amber Alert Issued for Missing Spring Lake Baby

Spring Lake — Authorities issued a statewide Amber Alert Friday for an 11-month-old girl who hadn't been seen since late Thursday and whose soldier father returned from Iraq Friday morning hoping to meet his daughter for the first time.

Harmony Jude Creech was last seen in her crib in the family's Spring Lake home, at 1680 Ray Road, at about 11 p.m. Thursday, authorities said. The child's grandmother reported her missing at 11:30 a.m. Friday.

Harmony is described as 2 feet, 7 inches tall and about 18 pounds. She has sandy blond hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing pink pajamas with footies and the words "Daddy's Girl" and a picture of a crown on one arm. She has a dark, quarter-inch birthmark on the back of her head.

A pink bed sheet, a few bibs and most of her clothing also were taken, authorities said.

Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins said a screen was missing from the window in the baby's room, and the window was open. Three other children under age 5 were in the home overnight, but none was harmed, he said.

The baby's father is a soldier with the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg who returned from deployment in Iraq on Friday morning, Rollins said. His daughter was born while he was overseas, the sheriff said.

Investigators were interviewing the girl's parents and some neighbors Friday afternoon, and a local day-care center was keeping the other children until deputies finished their investigation at the house.

The Harnett County Sheriff's Office established a staging area across the street from the house on Friday.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Harnett County Sheriff's Office at 910-893-9111.

baby-220x165.jpg

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1948445/

Amber Alert Issued for Missing Spring Lake Baby

Spring Lake — Authorities issued a statewide Amber Alert Friday for an 11-month-old girl who hadn't been seen since late Thursday and whose soldier father returned from Iraq Friday morning hoping to meet his daughter for the first time.

Harmony Jude Creech was last seen in her crib in the family's Spring Lake home, at 1680 Ray Road, at about 11 p.m. Thursday, authorities said. The child's grandmother reported her missing at 11:30 a.m. Friday.

Harmony is described as 2 feet, 7 inches tall and about 18 pounds. She has sandy blond hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing pink pajamas with footies and the words "Daddy's Girl" and a picture of a crown on one arm. She has a dark, quarter-inch birthmark on the back of her head.

A pink bed sheet, a few bibs and most of her clothing also were taken, authorities said.

Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins said a screen was missing from the window in the baby's room, and the window was open. Three other children under age 5 were in the home overnight, but none was harmed, he said.

The baby's father is a soldier with the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg who returned from deployment in Iraq on Friday morning, Rollins said. His daughter was born while he was overseas, the sheriff said.

Investigators were interviewing the girl's parents and some neighbors Friday afternoon, and a local day-care center was keeping the other children until deputies finished their investigation at the house.

The Harnett County Sheriff's Office established a staging area across the street from the house on Friday.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Harnett County Sheriff's Office at 910-893-9111.

baby-220x165.jpg

I saw this earlier and thought it sounded hinky. I really hope they find the sweet little girl safe and sound. :(

I saw this earlier and thought it sounded hinky. I really hope they find the sweet little girl safe and sound. :(

Yeah, I'm not sure what I think about it either. The whole "missing screen" from the window in her room made me think about Trenton Duckett. Maybe something happened to her, and it has to be covered up now because her dad wants to see her now that he's home?? No pictures since 4th months old. Either that or that's the best quality one. I hope I'm wrong and that she is found safe though!!!

Yeah, I'm not sure what I think about it either. The whole "missing screen" from the window in her room made me think about Trenton Duckett. Maybe something happened to her, and it has to be covered up now because her dad wants to see her now that he's home?? No pictures since 4th months old. Either that or that's the best quality one. I hope I'm wrong and that she is found safe though!!!

Something isn't ringing right with this story. The baby disappeared before the father was able to see her? The grandmother doesn't report the baby missing until 11:30am...babies are usually awake early!! What about middle of the night diaper changes? She last saw the baby at 11pm the night before....ok WS Moms...do you see what I'm saying???

ETA: Did you read her description given...only 18 lbs at 11 months yet 31" tall??!!

I just think it's odd she disappears the night before her father (?) arrives to see her for the first time.

Perhaps there was a lot of media attention about this reunion (showing where they lived etc) and someone got the idea to kidnap her, but other than that it sounds totally like a family situation.

Anyway, I think a parent not checking on their baby from 11 p.m. till 11 a.m. the next morning is kind of strange. That's a long time, even though she was probably sleeping through the night at 11 mos.

The sheet, bibs and clothing taken is kind of strange too.

:(

LOL, we are officially ON THE CASE now, aren't we? LOL

This didn't sit right with me as soon as I read it. Who goes 12 hrs without looking in on a baby? And what type of kidnapper stays long enough to grab bibs, clothes, and sheets? I think that stuff was probably thrown away because it was evidence against someone.....

Add me with the people feeling hinky about this. Very odd this happend right before dad was to see her. Has anyone mentioned the mother? Was she in the picture? The only woman the mentioned caring for the baby is the grandmother. I would be interested in where the mother is.

Link with some video of the home etc:
http://news14.com/content/headlines/588591/amber-alert--missing-harnett-co--child/Default.aspx (click on link "more video")

Mother's name is Johni Heuser, 25. No name for the father yet.

I thought Amber Alerts couldn't be used unless there was a getaway vehicle description etc. ?? Not that I mind the use here, but there have been other cases where an Amber Alerts would have helped and wasn't used. I thought all states had to use the same qualifying info. Hmmm.

Link with some video of the home etc:
http://news14.com/content/headlines/588591/amber-alert--missing-harnett-co--child/Default.aspx (click on link "more video")

Mother's name is Johni Heuser, 25. No name for the father yet.

I thought Amber Alerts couldn't be used unless there was a getaway vehicle description etc. ?? Not that I mind the use here, but there have been other cases where an Amber Alerts would have helped and wasn't used. I thought all states had to use the same qualifying info. Hmmm.

According to the Code Amber web site, different programs or states can make their own criteria, but the NCMEC suggests the following:
  • law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted
  • law enforcement believes the circumstances surrounding the abduction indicate that the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death
  • there is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help
So basically, it is suggested that they have to have enough info about a vehicle/abductor/etc. But they don't HAVE to. North Carolina must be one of those states with less strict guidelines.

Also....Code Amber is NOT running this alert on their web site.

According to the Code Amber web site, different programs or states can make their own criteria, but the NCMEC suggests the following:
  • law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted
  • law enforcement believes the circumstances surrounding the abduction indicate that the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death
  • there is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help
So basically, it is suggested that they have to have enough info about a vehicle/abductor/etc. But they don't HAVE to. North Carolina must be one of those states with less strict guidelines.

Also....Code Amber is NOT running this alert on their web site.

There is definitely so much more to this story!

~snip~
He is not the father of Heuser's other three children, authorities said.

Investigators said the grandmother picked up Ronald Creech II at the airport Friday morning while Heuser stayed behind. When Ronald Creech II and the grandmother returned home, the baby was gone, officials said.

The mother could have motive to keep the father from seeing the baby (might not be his). If the child is not his, it could be the real father came and took the baby.

The baby could have been being abused (as indicated perhaps by the size and weight) and they decided the father couldn't see her because he would know instantly then turn them in.

Whew...many possibilities here.

And, YES, Taxi...we are officially on this case! No doubt about it!

There is definitely so much more to this story!

~snip~
He is not the father of Heuser's other three children, authorities said.

Investigators said the grandmother picked up Ronald Creech II at the airport Friday morning while Heuser stayed behind. When Ronald Creech II and the grandmother returned home, the baby was gone, officials said.

The mother could have motive to keep the father from seeing the baby (might not be his). If the child is not his, it could be the real father came and took the baby.

The baby could have been being abused (as indicated perhaps by the size and weight) and they decided the father couldn't see her because he would know instantly then turn them in.

Whew...many possibilities here.

And, YES, Taxi...we are officially on this case! No doubt about it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back