1027 users online (186 members and 841 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,830

    VA - Woman, 75, Fined for Hammering Comcast Office

    Can't say I blame her...Comcast is 100%, without a doubt the WORST cable co. I have EVER had.


    BRISTOW, Virginia - She was fined and got a suspended jail sentence, but Mona Shaw says she has no regrets about using a hammer to vent her frustration at a cable company.
    "I stand by my actions even more so after getting all these telephone calls and hearing other people's complaints," she told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.
    Shaw, 75, and her husband, Don, say they had an appointment in August for a Comcast technician to come to their Bristow home to install the company's heavily advertised Triple
    The Shaws say no one came all day, and the technician who showed up two days later left without finishing the setup. Two days after that, Comcast cut off all their service.
    At the Comcast office in Manassas later that day, they waited for a manager for two hours before being told the manager had left for the day, the Shaws say. more at link
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21379720/

  2. #2
    It sounds like my run-in with Comcast when I ordered the triple in my new apartment. The cable guy showed up EARLY while the movers were still bringing furniture in. I didn't know where my phone, TV, or computer was just yet. He told me not to worry, he just had to turn everything on at the box. I told him I wanted to see it working and come back an hour later when he was supposed to show up.

    Well, he came back later, but he told me he couldn't hook things up 'cause he didn't have a key to the box. At that point I went ballastic! Fortunately I had access to a 'phone and when I got through with the manager, the cable guy was back before I got in my apartment. He gave me another outlet in my office and moved furniture for me.

    Naturally I had a lot of trouble with the billing, but that's another story. The Comcast triple is great if you can get them to hook it up right.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterMidnight View Post
    It sounds like my run-in with Comcast when I ordered the triple in my new apartment. The cable guy showed up EARLY while the movers were still bringing furniture in. I didn't know where my phone, TV, or computer was just yet. He told me not to worry, he just had to turn everything on at the box. I told him I wanted to see it working and come back an hour later when he was supposed to show up.

    Well, he came back later, but he told me he couldn't hook things up 'cause he didn't have a key to the box. At that point I went ballastic! Fortunately I had access to a 'phone and when I got through with the manager, the cable guy was back before I got in my apartment. He gave me another outlet in my office and moved furniture for me.

    Naturally I had a lot of trouble with the billing, but that's another story. The Comcast triple is great if you can get them to hook it up right.
    I have had a MUCH different exp. with them, after initial service...some certain channels would not come on even though we paid for them such as HBO, showtime, etc...we'd call and complain and it was "oh, we'll fix it, you'll get a FREE month, yeah right...we would order a movie off of PPV, never get it, call, complain, said "oh we'll credit you for it...etc..." get the bill, no credit at all...it was just the run-around over and over...dvr box would somehow "malfunction" at least once every 3 mos...supposed to get credit for that as well, never did, such a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE service...although to be honest we were EVENTUALLY sent 2 free braves tickets...never mind that neither hubby or I are baseball (or sports fans), it didn't matter...
    COMCAST is a HUGE washout...this co. sux more than ANY I have ever tried, including dish, adelphia, directtv, etc...

  4. #4
    Doesn't sound much better than our cable service which isn't even Comcast! After I moved, it took them two months, five different people at my home, ten different people at their office, and eleven visits to get my entire setup working. Yes...NO COMPUTER for two months!!!! I wish I had thought about the using the ole' hammer on their office. LOL

    Go, Granny, Go!!! They needed a good bashing!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,181
    I was about to type that I had never had any trouble with Comcast; then it all of a sudden hit me that when we first moved here, we got cable, internet and phone with them but the phone stopped working after a month. So I called and told them my phone service didn't work and they said they'd come back and reinstall and would I rather have Voice over IP and I said sure. But then I kept getting charged for the old phone service in addition to voice and they wouldn't stop charging me no matter how many times I called to complain. And they'd keep telling me that I'd talked to the wrong department to cancel, that I should have called THEIR department, and I'd say I dialed the same number this time as every other time. And they'd say I must have been transferred to the wrong department all the other times before and I'd say that I have no control over what department I'm transferred to, I just hit the correct number for "phone service" at the prompt and always seemed to get the same department, the department that believes I always got the wrong department before. Then they'd say, sorry got to bill you for service through this month but then we will cancel. And it would all start over again the next month. This went on for almost a year, and then suddenly the accumulating balance just went away so I stopped calling.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,711
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Can't say I blame her...Comcast is 100%, without a doubt the WORST cable co. I have EVER had.


    BRISTOW, Virginia - She was fined and got a suspended jail sentence, but Mona Shaw says she has no regrets about using a hammer to vent her frustration at a cable company.
    "I stand by my actions even more so after getting all these telephone calls and hearing other people's complaints," she told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.
    Shaw, 75, and her husband, Don, say they had an appointment in August for a Comcast technician to come to their Bristow home to install the company's heavily advertised Triple
    The Shaws say no one came all day, and the technician who showed up two days later left without finishing the setup. Two days after that, Comcast cut off all their service.
    At the Comcast office in Manassas later that day, they waited for a manager for two hours before being told the manager had left for the day, the Shaws say. more at link
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21379720/
    This could soo easily have been written about me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,963
    Lol, you must have never had dealings with Charter! they take the worst provider award, IMO.
    I sympathise with her, I have wanted to throttle customer service for cable and phone company before

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,187
    I've never had a bit of trouble with Dish except that I think it's too high and they put some free channels on the other night and one of them was porn. I don't like that at all since some people could have young teens still up watching tv and those free channels not blocked.

  9. #9
    Warning! I lost cable tonite for two hours!!!! What did I do?! I sat on the darn phone (mind you not my home phone, but had to use the cell cause I HAD no home phone!) with the computer animated voice and went thru all the BS it asked me to. Did it resolve the problem?! Oh, HELL NO! Then I sat for another SOLID HOUR (while my cell phone got so hot I thought it was going to burn my ears) waiting on them to pick up the call in their tech center. It took them all of fifteen minutes to resolve the situation.

    Hmmmm...sounds like Houston HAS a problem now NASA...because we would prefer you to head up our cable networks.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  10. #10
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Warning! I lost cable tonite for two hours!!!! What did I do?! I sat on the darn phone (mind you not my home phone, but had to use the cell cause I HAD no home phone!) with the computer animated voice and went thru all the BS it asked me to. Did it resolve the problem?! Oh, HELL NO! Then I sat for another SOLID HOUR (while my cell phone got so hot I thought it was going to burn my ears) waiting on them to pick up the call in their tech center. It took them all of fifteen minutes to resolve the situation.

    Hmmmm...sounds like Houston HAS a problem now NASA...because we would prefer you to head up our cable networks.
    All these types of companies have you at their mercy and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it -

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    I feel their pain! About ten years ago I got rid of the cable set up after going through nightmare customer service and the costs going higher and higher. Besides, dozens of channels and we still couldn't find anything decent to watch. Or it was on when it wasn't convenient for us. So I marched down to radio shack and bought a huge roof antenna, put it up in my garage rafters and hooked it up to the cable line in my house. I only get air channels and only one of those comes in iffy, and that could be because I live in a rural area. I love it, and it's free! I'm worried though about what I'm going to do in a few years when everything goes digital.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    817
    You know what I love is when you can't get internet service so, you call your provider and they tell you that you can get service online 24 hours a day. Now, just how helpful is that when you can't get online?????

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    Lol, you must have never had dealings with Charter! they take the worst provider award, IMO.
    I sympathise with her, I have wanted to throttle customer service for cable and phone company before
    Oh I was ready to drive down to Charter's customer service location in Duluth several times just to curse the person I was talking to face to face. I can't get ComCastic since Charter is in my area. I have DirecTV. I tried to lower my bills by signing up with Charter. The guy came out, actually cut my satellite wires right at the junction (He didn't know how to unscrew the coupling?) hooked it up and left. The cable service kept going in and out. DSL was worse, I lost connection like every 3 to 5 minutes. I play WoW so that wasn't working at all. Called back and I get LaCretia who didn't want to be bothered with my complaints. Told them to immediately cancel the service. Thank God I didn't cut off DirecTV before hand. Although I did have to run to Radio Shack to get new couplings and attach them myself.

    The next day, I got a call from a manager and cut him off saying, "Look, you got two choices. Either hang up now or get a colorful version of what I think of your company." Idiotically he chose the latter and I went off on this guy. I finished in saying that if I saw one bill from them that I would make it my mission in life to take them to court. I dropped off thier equipment myself to Lashantay who was busy talking about her weekend to her friend on the phone.

    Customer service has gone from the idiot that doesn't know how to do thier job to the idiot that doesn't care how they do thier job...

  14. #14
    Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    552
    yikes, I guess I have been lucky this bout with my cable and I never used comcast for anything more then basic back when I had it.
    I guess I need to be on the look out for future cases of going cable on people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Prom 2008

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    On Top of Ole' Smoky
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Can't say I blame her...Comcast is 100%, without a doubt the WORST cable co. I have EVER had.


    BRISTOW, Virginia - She was fined and got a suspended jail sentence, but Mona Shaw says she has no regrets about using a hammer to vent her frustration at a cable company.
    "I stand by my actions even more so after getting all these telephone calls and hearing other people's complaints," she told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.
    Shaw, 75, and her husband, Don, say they had an appointment in August for a Comcast technician to come to their Bristow home to install the company's heavily advertised Triple
    The Shaws say no one came all day, and the technician who showed up two days later left without finishing the setup. Two days after that, Comcast cut off all their service.
    At the Comcast office in Manassas later that day, they waited for a manager for two hours before being told the manager had left for the day, the Shaws say. more at link
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21379720/
    If this person were not 75 and lives in VA, I would have sworn this would be me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Identified! Blond Woman in Office Setting
    By Billylee in forum Alcala UID FOUND ALIVE
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
  2. OR - Police say woman showed up drunk to clean their office
    By sherri79 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
  3. British woman fined for again registering her cows as voters
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 06:37 PM