Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Michaela Joy Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988

Obviously, as they were saying, suspect sketches are rarely very accurate. So it could be anyone. But IMO they look similar.

Composite sketch of kidnapper and Phillip Garrido photo in 1976
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...45269&catid=10
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Saying Phillip Garrido (who kidnapped Jaycee Dugard) could be a suspect. They have a "Top 5" list of suspects, but didn't say if he was one of the 5.

ETA: Sketch of the suspect, and photo of Phillip Garrido are strikingly similar!
    I am suspecting Garrido too now that I hear he was 16 miles away in a halfway house at the time Michaela was nabbed. Too much of a coincidence imo.

This case is so horrifying. Hayward was truly small town America at that time. I had relatives there and took my kids to visit shortly after this kidnapping. They told me about it and warned me to keep an eye on the kids with that kidnapping in mind. The community was really sad because it was a family oriented community and kids used to walk to the park and the store and the ball park routinely. But after this tragic incident that stopped.

When we visited our family,the kids were not allowed to play ball out front like they had on our earlier visit. It was hard to explain to the kids without scarring them.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately, if Garrido took Michaela, it doesn't look very good for her. But there's always a chance.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

Saying Phillip Garrido (who kidnapped Jaycee Dugard) could be a suspect. They have a "Top 5" list of suspects, but didn't say if he was one of the 5.

ETA: Sketch of the suspect, and photo of Phillip Garrido are strikingly similar!
    Yikes, boy they do look alike.

Hoping for something, anything that will bring her home.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately, if Garrido took Michaela, it doesn't look very good for her. But there's always a chance.
    And like Michaela's mom said, she would love to talk to Garrido's GF Nancy to see if she knows anything.

The World Has Gone Mad.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Hello All!

I'm looking at NG's FB page now, someone with initials T.A. has placed a heartfelt description her thoughts on Michaela's case,, and told of a possible close encounter with ?Garrido?.

She even mentions possible locations where Michaela could be?! The party is hoping that someone can take the information that she's presented and check it out.

hth

I pray that Michaela's family can benefit from this information.
    Last edited by Falconi; 02-04-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: removed double wording
    ~Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's always best that it rests on the side of Truth.~

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Falconi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Falconi View Post
    Hello All!

I'm looking at NG's FB page now, someone with initials T.A. has placed a heartfelt description her thoughts on Michaela's case,, and told of a possible close encounter with ?Garrido?.

She even mentions possible locations where Michaela could be?! The party is hoping that someone can take the information that she's presented and check it out.

hth

I pray that Michaela's family can benefit from this information.

I really hope that Nancy's producers takes into account what the poster said about Garrido and report it to LE... I just read the article myself.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Here's part of the show from last night on Nancy Grace.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...recht.hln.html

And another.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoft...g.garecht2.hln

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

When were stun guns available for purchase? In an interview with Michaela's friend who was with her the day she was kidnapped she said Michaela was screaming and that as the car sped away she could no longer see Michaela. I have wondered what type of screams. The painful screams of a stun gun or scared type screams? She was also thrown into the backseat. How was she subdued in the backseat if the guy was focusing on driving? How could no one on the busy road not see a child in the backseat screaming or beating the windows especially since she was seen "kicking and screaming" when she was pushed in the car. If a child were even the least bit feisty it seems that someone would have seen something or remembered at least seeing a scared kid. Were there stop lights on this boulevard? I just wonder if someone else was not in the vehicle in the backseat.....just like Nancy Garrido stun gunned and subdued Jaycee Dugard while Philip drove the getaway car. Of course I understand that it is very possible Michaela could have been scared to death and obeyed her captor so that nobody could see her. I am just using the window beating as a scenario. It was random that she just happened to be going to the store. It was not like it was a usual route or routine that a perpetrator could predict. I believe it was somebody trolling with a purpose in mind. Michaela was snatched , not lured or quietly misled by this guy when he kidnapped her. Garrido is already known to have brazenly/violently ripped a child off the street (Jaycee). This crime is eerily similar to the case of Amber Schwartz Garcia who was kidnapped several months earlier in the same general region. Amber was also a blue eyed blonde as were Michaela and Jaycee. Supposedly Curtis Dean Anderson confessed to this kidnapping but a body was not found. I am not saying it was the Garrido’s but one thing that struck me as odd was a painting decorating their living room. The painting is of a young blonde girl. This seems like a peculiar choice of artwork since they did kidnap a young blonde pretty girl. Weird choice of art but then everything about them is weird and sick. I have often thought of writing to Michaela’s mom on her blog site but I doubt they want unsolicited thoughts from people regarding the case. The stun gun thing/screams has bugged me among other things. Any pictures of Curtis Dean Anderson around this timeframe 1988?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to flightlevel For This Useful Post:

b4e

Curtis Dean Anderson taking Amber has always bothered me. for some reason it just sounds like more games from Curtis.
    The Tall Blond man talking to Kevin Collins right before he went missing is another thing that has always made me think of Michaela's kidnapper as well.

Mission BLVD has so many different ways the kidnapper could have taken, its scary how many options he/they had.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:

Michaelas kidnapper composite

The last sentence caught my eye in the excerpt below. "He would not have the same appearance today." Maybe they need to do one of those age progression composites on the kidnapper the same way they do them on missing people. Somebody now 23 yrs later may actually recognize him?? You never know.

From an article:

"On November 18, 1988, Michaela's kidnapper was described as a man in his 20's, with long, dirty-blonde hair. His most outstanding characteristic was severe acne, like boils. He was driving an older, tannish-gold, full-size sedan, boxy in shape, with body damage. It is twenty years later. He would not have the same appearance today."

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flightlevel For This Useful Post:

Bumping For Michaela.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:

b4e

Bumping again.............for some reason this one seems so solvable and I just hope Michaela she is alive somewhere and can be found.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:

Flightlevel, Michaela's mom does welcome fresh viewpoints on the case. And she turns anything she thinks might be relevant over to the detectives on the case. They don't, however, use age progressions of Michaela because they don't believe them to be accurate. (Perhaps this is why there was no age progression done of the kidnapped...?) Anyhow, if something is pulling you toward writing to her, I really think you should do that.

FWIW - There is a photo of Garrido at the link below in 1988 shortly after he was released from prison - he has short hair in the photo but I didn't look to see when in 1988 he was released so maybe it could have grown out by mid November?

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09...ney/index.html
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LotsaLatte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LotsaLatte View Post
    FWIW - There is a photo of Garrido at the link below in 1988 shortly after he was released from prison - he has short hair in the photo but I didn't look to see when in 1988 he was released so maybe it could have grown out by mid November?

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09...ney/index.html
    Even if he was released in January, I doubt his hair would be as long as in the suspect drawing. Didn't it have stringy shoulder length hair in the sketches?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Sharon has a great website that she writes on every once in awhile. Her writing is very good, and I wish she would actually put out books. Reading her blogs are very enlightening and from the heart. She seems to keep her head on straight and isnt running around chasing a bunch of wild leads.........thats what we are here for I guess. I admire how she has tremendous trust in the Hayward police department......you dont usually hear that.

Bump!

For awhile there I thought this might be solved, with the digging at the house and the Jaycee case.......now things have gone quiet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprikawn View Post
    Bump!

For awhile there I thought this might be solved, with the digging at the house and the Jaycee case.......now things have gone quiet again.
    Bumping for Michaela. I live in Hayward and remember this quite well. Her mom is an amazing woman.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DLynn For This Useful Post:

Sharon posted a blog today....I find her writing always worth the time to read. She says she believes that Michaela's case will be resolved in 2012 and that they have many suspects......and each one if looked at by itself would make you think Thats it!

I still pray there is a happy resolution to this case......

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:

an image

I did find this photo online of P.G. from 1976.
    It is on a site with slides and it is number 68 of 79
    http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/28/353...a-justice.html

I didn't link directly to that one image since I didn't want to infringe on their rights.

I suppose everyone has already seen it but I had not seen this one in
    awhile so thought it would bear posting.

There was discussion at the Jaycee Duggard forum, last year, concerning the possibility that Garrido and Michaelas kidnapper could possibly be one in the same. At that time I brought up the pictures from Johnny Gosch's kidnapping, (of Tony) and the fact that there were identical drawings of both kidnappers of Michaela and Johnny.

Apparantly it is known who 'Tony' is and there are Websleuthers that do not feel that he was involved in Michaelas kidnapping, but instead that Noreen used the sketch on Johnnys site.

Personally. I have no idea what the truth is, but I find it compelling that Sharon (Michaelas Mom) and Noreen (Johnnys Mom), are doing so much to help Americas children be safe, yet the disappearance of their own children has not been solved.

Prayers for these strong, courageous women and may this be the year they have the answers that lead to their children.

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...-more-victims/

PLACERVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) – The El Dorado County District Attorney said he has reached the “inescapable” conclusion that Phillip and Nancy Garrido targeted more children besides Jaycee Lee Dugard, the kidnapping victim who was held captive in their Antioch backyard for 18 years.

District Attorney Vern Pierson said Wednesday he believes Phillip Garrido knows what happened to other young girls who went missing, including Michaela Garecht, a Bay Area abduction case with chilling similarities to Dugard’s kidnapping.

“We’ve spent a lot of time trying to identify other prosecutable crimes,” Pierson said.

Michaela’s mother, Sharon Murch, said she has wondered if Garrido was responsible for her daughter’s disappearance but isn’t convinced he was the culprit.

Michaela was 9 years old on November 19, 1988, when a man approached her from behind as she was walking to a market with a friend and grabbed her, dragging the screaming girl into his vehicle.

After Dugard was found alive in 2009, Sharon said she had faith that Michaela was still alive.

“I leaped up and I was absolutely positive, I had no doubt in my mind that they would find Michaela with [Jaycee],” she said, but added that she isn’t so sure Garrido was responsible for her daughter’s kidnapping. “I don’t necessarily believe it, but I think it’s a possibility.”

“If Phillip or Nancy Garrido has any information about Michaela, I wish they would tell us,” Sharon said.

The similarities in appearance between Jaycee and Michaela are striking, and both were kidnapped under similar circumstances. A vehicle pulled out of the Garridos’ backyard matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle in Michaela’s kidnapping, Pierson said.

Hayward detectives still haven’t interviewed either of the Garridos because a judge forbid other law enforcement agencies from questioning them. Now that the Garridos have been sentenced and are in state prison, that may change.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:

Whoever this judge is that forbid other agencies from talking to them, should be horse whipped in the state capital!

Its actions like those, that only fuel these monsters into thinking they can get away with stealing our children!

Just my Opinion!

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leprikawn For This Useful Post:

I don't think Garrido could possibly have been Michaela's abductor unless the description of her abductor was vastly incorrect. All though the sketch of Michaela's abductor is striking in comparison to Garrido's photo, Michaela's abductor was described as having a very badly pock marked face. Every photo of Garrido I have seen, particularly the one taken with Nancy not long after he left prison, he had very clear skin, not a blemish.

JMO

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast