847 users online (162 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man Beats Toddler Because He's "Not A Morning Person"

EASTON, Pa. A man who admitted he beat his girlfriend's 2-year-old son offered an excuse that angered a judge: He said he's not a morning person.
    Juan Arreola, 20, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts each of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment and simple assault. Prosecutors said while moving into a new apartment with his girlfriend on June 7, Arreola kicked her son out of the way, then squeezed the toddler's face.
    While looking after the boy three days later, he punched the boy twice, prosecutors said. Arreola's girlfriend brought the child to a hospital later that day, where he was diagnosed with bleeding around the brain. Photos show the boy with severe bruising on his face and back.
    When Northampton County Judge F.P. Kimberly McFadden asked Arreola Friday if that's how he regularly treated 2-year-olds, he replied: "I was working till midnight. I'm not a morning person."
    McFadden said she was almost speechless.
    more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303773,00.html

I hope the judge gives him the max. He'll learn to be a morning person there whether he likes it or not.

Angry

I'm not a morning person either, but I've never beat a child in my life!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This guy has no conscience or he could not have said that in court!

Let me have a conference with that fellow first thing of a morning, before I've had my caffine, (after a late night) and after reading details of the child's injuries. I'll show him the meaning of the phrase "*NOT* a morning person!"

What KatK said.

Yeah see...the reason I don't even want to read this thread. I don't want to be banned. The topic was enough for me to go off on!!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I'm told that me telling someone off verbally is often enough. So, just telling him exactly what I think would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post

Let me have a conference with that fellow first thing of a morning, before I've had my caffine, (after a late night) and after reading details of the child's injuries. I'll show him the meaning of the phrase "*NOT* a morning person!"
    Ditto Kat!

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post

What a pathetic example of a human being, send him to the gallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    What a pathetic example of a human being, send him to the gallows.

Gallows, nothin'! Let him rot in prison, and know the daily fear a person who harms a child feels every instant for the rest of his life. Let him fear an improvised weapon in every glint, and read his death in every glance as he walks by the general population prisoners. Let him envy their cells, yet fear the occupants. He has earned every second of that kind of torment IMO.

Not, obviously, to condone this man's behavior in any way, shape or form, BUT I can surely relate to his sentiments. I was ill-prepared for the general lack of sleep children introduce into our lives AND I was sent two children who wake up naturally at 5 a.m.

I have never physically harmed my children, but there are definitely some mornings when I was a raging ***** and if I was a different type of person (possessed of fewer coping skills, boundaries and structural support, etc....), I could have reacted like this man.

He's an angry person who reacted to a young child's interference like many angry people do. I'll bet he's been hit and hitting for much of his life. I doubt he meant to kill her - I don't think the majority of these types of child killings are purposeful.

I am very glad he is in a place where he will not have regular contact with children. He obviously can't handle it. I'm sad that a child had to die to get him to that place.

Prayers for this child and her family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    <snip>I doubt he meant to kill her - I don't think the majority of these types of child killings are purposeful.

I am very glad he is in a place where he will not have regular contact with children. He obviously can't handle it. I'm sad that a child had to die to get him to that place.

Prayers for this child and her family.

Er, did you comment in the topic you meant to comment on? No sneer in that tone. But....the child was a boy, and the child didn't die. I've made similar mistakes before that have left people very confused until I figured out I commented on the wrong topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    EASTON, Pa. A man who admitted he beat his girlfriend's 2-year-old son offered an excuse that angered a judge: He said he's not a morning person.

<snip>Prosecutors said while moving into a new apartment with his girlfriend on June 7, Arreola kicked her son out of the way, then squeezed the toddler's face.
    While looking after the boy three days later, he punched the boy twice,
    Different font color and some bolding added to the quote by me.

I misread the article (sigh, I guess there are so many of them they sometimes blend together...) and thought the boy he punched had died.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast