MA MA - Neo Babson Maximus, aka Charles Allen, 22, Dartmouth, 12 Oct 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.turnto10.com/northeast/jar/news.apx.-content-articles-JAR-2007-10-18-0018.html

Oct 18, 2007

DARTMOUTH, Mass. - Police found a pair of shoes Thursday belonging to a UMass-Dartmouth student who's been missing since Oct. 12.

Neo Babson Maximus, also known as Charles M. Allen, was last seen early in the morning in the area of College Lane.

"One of the things we've done is we were able to obtain the sole pattern from the sneakers that the person was wearing," said Lt. John Garcia of the Marion Police Department.

NBC 10's Larry Estepa said searchers found the shoes off Chase Road heading into the woods.

Police concentrated their search Thursday on a 4-6 square mile area not far from campus.

"We're going to cover all of the areas, including the areas we've been covering over the last few days a little tighter," said Capt. Scott Brooks of the Dartmouth Police Department.

Estepa said volunteers on horseback have also joined the search effort.

Maximus, who is a senior at the school, has a history of medical issues that may have contributed to his disappearance.

Police said Maximus had an apartment in New Bedford, but hadn’t been seen there in a while.

Maximus is 22 years old, about 5-feet, 11-inches tall with a slim build, with short brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with any information about Maximus is asked to call Dartmouth police.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071020/NEWS/710200364

October 20, 2007

The search continued Friday for a 22-year-old UMass Dartmouth senior who has been missing since Saturday, according to the man's father.

On Friday evening, Neo Babson Maximus, who legally changed his name from Charles M. Allen, had still not been found, according to his father.

"They have turned up nothing, and they've done a very extensive search," said Charles M. Allen Sr., who lives in Haverhall. "At this point, where nothing was found, we have to wonder: Where has he gone?"

Mr. Allen said he and his wife went to Dartmouth Friday and that the police had been focusing their searching efforts on the wooded area behind Wal-Mart on Route 6.

Mr. Maximus is bipolar and had recently stopped taking his medications, according to Mr. Allen.

"Basically, it's been that we've not had any contact since last Thursday," Mr. Allen said.

Mr. Maximus has a credit card linked to his father's account, but has not used it in the time he has been missing, said Mr. Allen.

more at link

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071027/NEWS/710270331

October 27, 2007 6:00 AM

DARTMOUTH — Police have suspended the ground search for a missing 22-year-old UMass Dartmouth student because of lack of evidence, but the parents of Neo Babson Maximus, who disappeared two weeks ago, hope their son is alive and still in the area.

Efforts to find Mr. Maximus broadened to include searches of area homeless shelters and hotels, police said, but so far, officers' visits to a number of sites have proved fruitless. Media reports and broadcast photos did net a few calls from people who reported seeing someone matching Mr. Maximus' description near the Dartmouth Mall and Wal-Mart, but the leads turned up nothing, police said.

There were also reported sightings as far away as Melrose, where Mr. Maximus used to live with his family, said Dartmouth Police Capt. Scott Brooks.

...was not taking his medication for bipolar disorder and was probably in a manic state when he disappeared on Oct. 13, Capt. Brooks said. "We are still attributing his disappearance to that," Capt. Brooks said.

The Haverhill native last spoke to his family Oct. 11. Several things may have been weighing on Mr. Maximus' mind at the time, said his father, Charles Allen Sr., who was unable to meet his son for a planned lunch in New Bedford on Oct. 11. The two talked on the phone instead. "He was talking a little odd but not to the point where I was overly concerned," Mr. Allen said.

The same day, though, his daughter called Mr. Maximus to tell him his Facebook site had been deleted, which may have triggered some sort of fit, Mr. Allen said.

"He left a couple of strange voice mails for me and my wife and that was it," Mr. Allen said.

No activity has shown up on his bank account or cell phone records, police said.

more at link

hrmm. I hope he didn't go off to kill himself. Praying for him!!

I'm sorry I still can't get over his name. I wonder what would possess somebody to have such an extreme name change? Is it related to Matrix? Is he into Sci-Fi, phantasy, fantasy, Gencon stuff?
Finding a shoe also makes me wonder if there was an accidental hit and run.

I'm sorry I still can't get over his name. I wonder what would possess somebody to have such an extreme name change? Is it related to Matrix? Is he into Sci-Fi, phantasy, fantasy, Gencon stuff?
Finding a shoe also makes me wonder if there was an accidental hit and run.

Yeah, The Matrix was his favorite movie and he identified with the character Neo. "Babson" is his mother's maiden name and "Maximus" is from the movie Gladiator. I used to play an online game called half-life (DM), and he was known for a couple of years as the best player in the world. He was really a legend. Then the Europeans got their leagues together and they had the best players. I'm sure that he must be living those glory days over in his mind and that had something to do with the name change, since he used the nick "Neo" when he became "famous" as a young teen for a few years. He was such a good kid too - really charming and nice, unlike just about all the other top players who tended to be arrogant, nasty little punks. He had class. I used to love watching him play. I still have a picture of him from those days and think of him often. Really sad story. There are so many bad people out there who would take advantage of a young man in a confused state. I'd love to hear that he's still alive.

Yeah, The Matrix was his favorite movie and he identified with the character Neo. "Babson" is his mother's maiden name and "Maximus" is from the movie Gladiator. I used to play an online game called half-life (DM), and he was known for a couple of years as the best player in the world. He was really a legend. Then the Europeans got their leagues together and they had the best players. I'm sure that he must be living those glory days over in his mind and that had something to do with the name change, since he used the nick "Neo" when he became "famous" as a young teen for a few years. He was such a good kid too - really charming and nice, unlike just about all the other top players who tended to be arrogant, nasty little punks. He had class. I used to love watching him play. I still have a picture of him from those days and think of him often. Really sad story. There are so many bad people out there who would take advantage of a young man in a confused state. I'd love to hear that he's still alive.

Thank you for your personal insight into this young man.

Here's a myspace that seems to have been set up by a friend.( this is NBM's original myspace going back to 2005, friend must have known password). It has 52,779 friends & 21,836 comments!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=8477907

Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QFa2Dl-8A

A search was conducted this past October.
DARTMOUTH
Deer bones found during hunt for student
A group searching for Neo Babson Maximus, a University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth student, discovered animal bones yesterday in the area where Maximus disappeared last October, according to a spokesman for Bristol District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter. State, local, and campus police responded to a call about noon for bones found near Lucy Little Road, spokesman Gregg Miliote said. The medical examiner determined last night that the bones were deer remains, Miliote said. Maximus, also known as Charles M. Allen Jr., was last seen Oct. 12, 2007, near College Lane in North Dartmouth. Police do not suspect foul play, but Maximus has a history of medical issues, which they said may have contributed to his disappearance. Maximus is described as a white male, about 6 feet tall, with a slim build, light-brown hair, and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing sneakers and dark sweat pants with a red stripe and carrying a white, long-sleeve shirt.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../10/14/husbands_double_murder_trial_to_begin/

Hi capoly. Yes, I had already seen that myspace page. The vast majority of those "friends" don't even know who the page is about, they are just advertising themselves. It's kind of sad. I couldn't find one comment that actually pertained to Charlie's situation.

Hi capoly. Yes, I had already seen that myspace page. The vast majority of those "friends" don't even know who the page is about, they are just advertising themselves. It's kind of sad. I couldn't find one comment that actually pertained to Charlie's situation.

I thought so re myspace friends & comments. I don't belong so am not able to get passed front page re comments. Do you think there is a possibility that he may be with an on-line friend he met during the time you mention? How long ago were his 'glory days'?

Thank you again for you input.

I thought so re myspace friends & comments. I don't belong so am not able to get passed front page re comments. Do you think there is a possibility that he may be with an on-line friend he met during the time you mention? How long ago were his 'glory days'?

Thank you again for you input.

Hi calopy. I only know what I learned from reading about the case a few days ago. From my understanding, he has bipolar disorder and was in a manic phase when he disappeared. He sounded paranoid talking to his sister on the phone (believed people were after him) that day. He broke into a house he believed a friend was staying at - apologized to the owner and ran away into the woods. He had told a friend earlier that he wanted to go to either Texas or Florida to "become famous", so it doesn't sound like he went off with a friend. Someone saw a young man matching his description talking to a truck driver in the area leading them to believe he may have hitched a ride.

The "glory days" I referred to were around 6-7 years ago, when he was 14-16 years old. After that he became a highly ranked player in a different variation of the game which is much more popular (Counterstrike), but he was no longer near the best player in the world as he had been when he played the game I played. I hardly knew him - just an admirer. The Texas and Florida thing worries me. At the risk of "dissing" those states, my impression is they would be among the most dangerous places for someone in his state of mind. It's been around two years since he disappeared so statistically I guess the odds are high that he is dead, but there's always a chance - I guess a much higher chance than if were a child, for instance. Take care.

Re Texas & Florida....your not 'dissing'. There's a few States that seem to stand out re dangerous incidences, Texas & Florida are two.

Have been looking through Texas UID....will start checking Florida also.

Charlie Allen aka Neo Babson Maximus' case is being featured on an A&E show tonight called "Psychic Kids" - I'm watching it right now.

also - bumping to see if there's been any updates on his case.

Also learned of Charlie's case from Psychic Kids tonight. Very interesting info on there. And it sounds like they will be doing a search of a new area...if they haven't already. Praying for answers for Charlie's family.

Just watched his my space thing, so sad that most was just advertising :( nothing about him (just the first bit)

I too watched the A&E show and have been waiting to see if they found anything... I am wondering about the blonde younger girl both teens referenced while doing the reading.

i'll have to check out the psychic kids episode, thanks for the heads up!!

Was anything new said during the taping of the show?

i'll have to check out the psychic kids episode, thanks for the heads up!!

Was anything new said during the taping of the show?

I'm not really sure what would be considered "new", because I hadn't heard of Charlie's case until that show. But the kids did lead LE to an area that had not yet been searched. They were supposed to be searching this area soon? Not sure if they have yet. Both kids also mentioned a blonde female, as fiercemom said.

Here is a short clip from the episode. It is from when the kids went out searching, towards the very end of the episode.

http://www.aetv.com/psychic-kids/episodes/index.jsp?bcpid=36344154001&bctid=53468761001 (If the link doesn't play the episode, just click on Season 2, and then #13, Vanished)

I'm not really sure what would be considered "new", because I hadn't heard of Charlie's case until that show. But the kids did lead LE to an area that had not yet been searched. They were supposed to be searching this area soon? Not sure if they have yet. Both kids also mentioned a blonde female, as fiercemom said.

Here is a short clip from the episode. It is from when the kids went out searching, towards the very end of the episode.

http://www.aetv.com/psychic-kids/episodes/index.jsp?bcpid=36344154001&bctid=53468761001 (If the link doesn't play the episode, just click on Season 2, and then #13, Vanished)

Thank you very much for the link, didn't work by clicking but for some reason worked when I copied and pasted? ah well, thanks again!

Thank you Salo99 for saying nice things about my son. He has not been found. Psychic kids was just a way for us to get his face on tv,nothing else. Those woods were searched by volunteers and dogs. It was just a show and it broke our hearts to watch it.The Blonde girl they talk about is my daughter Brittany. They were so close. We still Know he is out there. God Bless. Ann

Your welcome. I'll never forget Neo, as he was known. He turned out to be "the one" in Half-Life, just like Neo in the Matrix. No one could beat him. Anyway, just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back