GUILTY OH - Sue Petric, 43, shot to death, Brighton Township, 20 Oct 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76504
Created: 10/20/2007 11:10:25 PM
Updated:10/21/2007 1:02:29 AM

Sue was shot once in the head and once in the arm. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Her husband Mark was shot once in the face and was flown to MetroHealth Medical Center. No word on his condition.

There were three people inside the home at the time of the shooting.

The couple's 16-year-old son is being interviewed by Lorain County Sheriff.
(more at link)

Hmmm. Wonder who shot them. :rolleyes: :mad:

From http://tmcnews.blogspot.com/:
The Lorain County Sheriff’s Department issued A BOLO (Be On Look Out) for the families 1999 Green Windstar mini van Saturday evening. A Wellington Police Officer spotted the van a short time later in the city of Wellington, stopped the vehicle and took the driver into custody. The driver was the Petric’s 16-year-old son who is being interviewed by Detectives in relation to the shootings.

A New Life Assembly church member told TMC NEWS that in laws arrived to the Petric home Saturday night to watch the Indians game and found the couple shot. She also said that the son had been upset with his father after he was told that he couldn’t play his video games.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I don't know what to say outside of WTF? If video addiction has become a reason to kill your parents, I am so glad we didn't go into all that and went into music instead. Offer your child an instrument and lessons...see if it takes. If it doesn't...offer them another one! Don't dis drums in the home. Hmmm...it could save your life someday.

16-year-old confesses to killing his mother

BRIGHTON TWP. -- Police say 16-year-old boy has admitted to killing his mother.
He also admitted to shooting his father, a pastor, in the face.

Investigators say Danny Petric told them he was tired of arguing with his parents so he shot them. His father Mark, a pastor of a church in Wellington is in intensive care. His mother Sue is dead.

Members of the church where Petric's father is the pastor say they knew Sunday services would be held as scheduled. They told Channel 3 that is what their pastor and his wife would want.

Some got the news as they came to church. Their pastor, Mark Petric is in intensive care after being shot in the face. His wife Sue, a member of the congregation is dead. The coroner says she was found with gunshot wounds in the head and arm.

"She would ask us to love her family and her son" said Kathie Stiles, a friend of the family.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76519

Gosh, this is so heartbreaking to hear. When this brat is 40 will he realize what he did? Blew his parents away with a gun because of video games?

I heard today he has a 17 yr old sister, so I hope she's doing ok.

I wonder where he got the gun. :(

My parents live in Wellington, it's a nice, small town. I'm sorry it was the son, but I'm glad some crazy killer isn't on the loose.

Killing your mom because you can't play video games? What kind of reason is that? These kids are out of control.

I hope the sister is alright and the Dad recovers.

My parents live in Wellington, it's a nice, small town. I'm sorry it was the son, but I'm glad some crazy killer isn't on the loose.

It's a small world!

there are 2 sisters. One is 21 and one 17. The 21 year old is the youth pastor.

It is a sad sad thing, when a parent can't discipline a child
without fear of being killed. And that is what it seems to
be comming to. No ONE thinks it could happen to them.
But it happens to some one.

Any news on where he got the gun? I'm SO glad the girls are ok. He might have taken them all out.

I was told from kids he goes to school with that he bragged about how he could do drugs, etc without getting caught cuz he was the pastors kid and ppl thought he was good kid.

I also heard the oldest daughter and her husband were going over to watch the INdians game with her parents. He met them at the door and told them they had to leave. They wouldn't leave, said he was acting weird and excited. They heard noises and forced their way in, and found their parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back