1119 users online (239 members and 880 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Teacher Has Horrible Past! Who Is Looking?!

Right now, I am so angry and also horrified that we have the kind of system that would send him packing with no warning to a different school!!

Altho...it shouldn't surprise me. I took on one of our largest school districts to task and what I found is they will do ANYTHING to keep the media out of their business...but they do not have to answer to any laws we have. They are like a state within a state. They can allow whatever to happen in the school system and then shun the PD when they are called in to investigate unless it is a crime that involves guns, blood, etc.

Maybe now people will realize they have TOO much power and abuse it to avoid answering any questions...but I doubt it. Not the way they work! This was too "innocent" for them to go for a prosecution of any kind.

What Ramirez and some of his former bosses failed to officially tell St. Lucie County school administrators was that he was fleeing allegations that he'd had an inappropriate relationship with a female student in Oklahoma and a sexual relationship with one in Georgia. And while the Oklahoma case was kept quiet and criminal charges were dropped in Georgia, the allegations alone would have been enough to prevent him from getting a Florida teacher's license if school administrators had known.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=138284
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I don't get it. How does this happen? I know before I was hired as a teacher, my background was investigated by the state law enforcement agency. Isn't that a requirement everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I don't get it. How does this happen? I know before I was hired as a teacher, my background was investigated by the state law enforcement agency. Isn't that a requirement everywhere?
    Yes, but since he was never convicted of any crime or, he has no record that would show up anywhere.

Right. They never pursued any real formal charges against this POS.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.