716 users online (123 members and 593 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261

    Australia - Luke Hankey, 24, stabbed to death, Bateau Bay, 21 Oct 2007

    This Pub is just down the road from me and I have been going there since it opened 20 odd years ago. This young man is a friend of my girlfriends daughter and was with him and a group of others when this boy was murdered.

    I don't know any details yet as my friends daughter was very traumatised. She did say to her Mum that it could have been anyone of them and she thinks the assailant had Knuckle Dusters.

    So very senseless

    http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006009,00.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    OMGosh, I'm so sorry this has affected your family/friends. It's scary to be that close to a murder. Do you think your gf's daughter will have to be interrogated (or wants to be)?

    Hmm, possibly stabbed by a woman? He was so young. How terrible.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Just Jules,
    My condolences to you and your daughter. I read the article at the link you provided...he was some surfer. Sounds like everyone who knew him liked him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    How very sad and very senseless.....a young man with everything to look forward to taken too soon .
    I hope your friends daughter is holding up ok Jules thought Id imagine she is very shocked at the moment.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261
    You guys are so great

    I wanted to post about it yesterday but there were no news links. It is so scary when it's this close to home. Hubby and I actually walk past this young mans parents home on our walks. I do know that he and his girlfriend had just bought a home together, just so damn senseless.

    We live in a fairly safe area or so I thought. His poor Mum and Dad, I feel so sad for them, their hearts must be broken.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    32,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jules View Post
    You guys are so great

    I wanted to post about it yesterday but there were no news links. It is so scary when it's this close to home. Hubby and I actually walk past this young mans parents home on our walks. I do know that he and his girlfriend had just bought a home together, just so damn senseless.

    We live in a fairly safe area or so I thought. His poor Mum and Dad, I feel so sad for them, their hearts must be broken.

    How very sad JJ, I can't even imagine how his parents feel...
    I hope your daughter gets through this very sad time okay

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    His story just came on the news here

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261
    Thanks Skippy

    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    His story just came on the news here
    There was a snippet on Ten news last night, maybe NBN will cover it tonight.
    Did you see the news break on Prime or NBN?

    I will ring my girlfriend later and see how her dau is doing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    The news update was on 10..it came on after Oprah finished

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,413
    Sorry to hear this tragic news JJ, prayers to his family, and to all his friends who will miss him. He sounds like a very loved and popular young man.
    Hope whomever is responisible for this awful crime is caught and dealt with very quickly.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    Sorry to hear this tragic news JJ, prayers to his family, and to all his friends who will miss him. He sounds like a very loved and popular young man.
    Hope whomever is responisible for this awful crime is caught and dealt with very quickly.
    Thanks dingo and Shazz, we had visitors this afternoon/evening so I didn't get to check the news. I sent my girlfriend a text, she said her dau is doing OK, she will try and ring me tomorrow.

    There are lots of stories doing the rounds, about just what happened to this young man. I have another link that says even less than the last one, there must be a reason why there is no info being put out there.

    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...940978677.html

  12. #12
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    I hope this is solved soon. I'm so sorry for your gf's daughter and what she has to go through now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    668
    I'm so sorry to hear of this awful tragedy, Jules. I hope your girlfriend's daughter is doing better. Prayers for the boy's family, as well.

    Forgive my ignorance, but what are Knuckle Dusters?

  14. #14
    Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    552
    So sorry for his family and friends.I hope it doesnt take long to resolve this.
    )hopefully the was video in the car park and it has clues)
    Prom 2008

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by natasha-cupcake View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear of this awful tragedy, Jules. I hope your girlfriend's daughter is doing better. Prayers for the boy's family, as well.

    Forgive my ignorance, but what are Knuckle Dusters?
    I wanna know too. Are they anything like brass knuckles?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2017, 01:55 AM
  2. GUILTY Australia - Keeli Dutton, 41, stabbed to death, Miller, NSW, 25 Nov 2013
    By marlywings in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 03:22 AM
  3. GUILTY Australia - Yazmina Acar, 2, stabbed to death by dad, Melbourne, 17 Nov 2010
    By kileyizzle in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 11:10 AM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 10:13 PM
  5. GUILTY OH - Justin Luke, 2, stabbed to death, Canton, 28 April 2003
    By Doyle in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 02:35 PM

Tags for this Thread