The Paugh Sisters

Toltec

Reaction score
Website
www.
In my last post I was asking about Patsy's frame of mind when she talked about how God told her that she of all people needed Christmas? Did God really speak to her?

What about Aunt Pam? She said that she spoke to JonBenet and they talked about pageants and such...which brings me to the question, why Pam didn't ask JonBenet who killed her.

Aunt Polly saw a vision of JonBenet running through a field of flowers and telling her that she is okay.

Soooo my question is this: Are the Paugh sisters really special in that area or are they a product of their environment or are they just plain mentally ill?

IMO

No, I don't equate visionary experiences with mental illness. Scientific materialism does. You should read a biography of William Blake who lived with visions almost continually. He regarded himself sane because he did not doubt himself while others around him wth similar temperaments withdrew into insanity because of doubt.

The Paugh sisters could be constitutionally close to the unconscious with artistic tendencies the result along with other "gifts". However, closeness to the unconscious can have it's negative affects, namely irrational behavior with a gradient of depth that can lead to what psychologists call psychosis.

Shallow psychoses can be beneficial as they can lead to the experience of the "other" within. I refer to all the visions of the prophets in the old testament and Paul in the new. Also, Mohamed in Islam.

Great artists often comment on their pecular nature as Rumi spoke of being on the edge of madness with contented knowing.

I've been trying to explain for a long time that Patsy's "illness" is actually just human behavior that in our culture we see as pathological but in other cultures is seen as integral and even revered.

All that being said, I have to give a nod to Nedra who I think was an intrussive narcissist, Patsy and Pam show the effects of such a mother and Patsy repeats her mistakes.

I'm guessing that there are some genetic issues in the family that may present as mental health issues.

Toltec said:
In my last post I was asking about Patsy's frame of mind when she talked about how God told her that she of all people needed Christmas? Did God really speak to her?

What about Aunt Pam? She said that she spoke to JonBenet and they talked about pageants and such...which brings me to the question, why Pam didn't ask JonBenet who killed her.

Aunt Polly saw a vision of JonBenet running through a field of flowers and telling her that she is okay.

Soooo my question is this: Are the Paugh sisters really special in that area or are they a product of their environment or are they just plain mentally ill?

IMO

I say they're both just "full of it". Talking about pageants with the ghost of a sexually molested, brutally murdered child! Those two are giving God a bad name and they must really think they are special or something above everyone else. I don't think they're nuts, just evil women with too much money and time on their hands, thinking the world revolves around them. Children's protective services should really investigate Patsy regarding her son, but of course that will never happen.

Toltec said:

IMO
Could it have been that dramatic license was used to bring these expressions into print?

I find this thread to be really disgusting and am ashamed that any posters would be bandying about such things as 'genetic defect' and 'cps investigations' or the like.

I've spent hours chatting with AuntPam on both case-related and non-case related topics. I've found her to be courteous, well versed on a variety of topics and absolutely determined to see the case solved.

Toth said:
I've spent hours chatting with AuntPam on both case-related and non-case related topics. I've found her to be courteous, well versed on a variety of topics and absolutely determined to see the case solved.

Chatting where--over the phone, internet, or where? Perhaps she would log on here and chat with us?

IMO

Aunt Pam comes in to a chat room and talks to us. We do not generally discuss Jon Bonet. She is a great person. I have enjoyed chatting with her!

Lauren said:
Aunt Pam comes in to a chat room and talks to us. We do not generally discuss Jon Bonet. She is a great person. I have enjoyed chatting with her!

Where, Lauren?

Sweet baby. Yours?

IMO

Toltec said:

IMO

LOL>>>too funny; THANKS!

And the answer is: They are (Paugh sisters) what you want them to be! Choices...take your pick. IMHO they are "unaware AND greedy." :sick:

Toth said:
I find this thread to be really disgusting and am ashamed that any posters would be bandying about such things as 'genetic defect' and 'cps investigations' or the like.

HUM...IS IT "TIMING"? Could be that your perspective of events was drawn on a totally different "time &/or date" ya think? :dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back