1120 users online (222 members and 898 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy 2 Children Killed on Way to Visit Injured GI Father- Oldest on Life Support

Some days, I wonder how people make it through things like this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304061,00.html

snip

A U.S. solider hospitalized for life-threatening injuries suffered in Iraq received another devastating blow when he learned that two of his children who were on their way to visit him died in a car crash.

The El Paso Times reported Monday that Army Spc. John Austin Johnson was waiting for his wife and three children at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, when he received the news.

The mother, Lisa Johnson, was driving an SUV when a strong gust of wind overturned the vehicle, causing it to roll four times, killing Logan, 2, and Ashley, 5. Tyler Johnson, 9, the couple's oldest son, suffered massive head injuries and remains on life support at Children's Medical Center in Dallas, the Times reported....

More at this link:

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_7243545

That is overwhelmingly sad.

Oh how very sad

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    That is overwhelmingly sad.
    Oh, I agree!

I am counting my blessings and I am so thankful that my family is intact and healthy.

An account has been set up in the family's name:

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_7249162

I just found this about the 9 year old. God, please spare this child. Posters, please keep this family in your prayers. Please say a special prayer for Tyler.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...y.33911c5.html

snip

Despite massive head injuries and failing kidneys, the 9-year-old was still clinging to life. Doctors hadn't expected him to survive the night Thursday, and some wondered whether he would make it through Friday, but he did.
    "He's a fighter. Even the doctors are amazed he's still alive," Sgt. Schmidt said. "We're praying."

How horrible. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post
    I just found this about the 9 year old. God, please spare this child. Posters, please keep this family in your prayers. Please say a special prayer for Tyler.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...y.33911c5.html

snip

Despite massive head injuries and failing kidneys, the 9-year-old was still clinging to life. Doctors hadn't expected him to survive the night Thursday, and some wondered whether he would make it through Friday, but he did.
    "He's a fighter. Even the doctors are amazed he's still alive," Sgt. Schmidt said. "We're praying."
    If he is brain damaged beyond having a reasonable and healthy life, I hope God takes him home. I feel so horrible for the mother and father.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws View Post
    If he is brain damaged beyond having a reasonable and healthy life, I hope God takes him home. I feel so horrible for the mother and father.

Oh, I know. I guess what I would love to see is a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post
    Oh, I know. I guess what I would love to see is a miracle.
    I would also. It would be horrible to think that they would lose their entire family in one sweep. Also, since the father is in critical condition...she could also lose him! Poor mother.

This is so sad. My prayers are going out to this family.

My prayers are also for them all. As if this family needed more pain and suffering.

I am so glad that they have the support of their Army family. That is the biggest thing I miss about being an Armywife, the bonds that are formed between families is very strong. God Bless them all, it is going to be very hard days ahead..but they are very spiritual people and God is awesome.

This is the saddest thing I have heard about in a long time. Prayers to the parents and special prayers for a miracle for the 9 year old.

Life can be cruel

Quote Originally Posted by calidreamin View Post
    This is the saddest thing I have heard about in a long time. Prayers to the parents and special prayers for a miracle for the 9 year old.
    Isn't it, just breaks your heart.
    Prayers for little Tyler and his Mom and Dad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast