1280 users online (203 members and 1077 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Philadelphia

Looking for attractive people? Don't go to...

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday. The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine. For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.

But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit. "We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.

"The relative attractiveness of its residents is only a minuscule factor in evaluating a city's merit."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071022/...attractive1_dc

EVERYONE has different things/people/places they find attractive...surveys like this seem like pure crap to me.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    EVERYONE has different things/people/places they find attractive...surveys like this seem like pure crap to me.
    I find them rather humorous myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    OMG hilarious Buzz.

Have you ever met anyone from Philly, WR? It's not like we needed a survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    LOL, Nova

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Looking for attractive people? Don't go to...

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071022/...attractive1_dc
    I thought for sure MY town would beat Philadelphia. You should see the number of ugly people that live here!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

LOL, Nova
    It's a fact: all the attractive people in Philadelphia...

...now live in New York City.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Well, I can tell you one thing. I have seen some SCARY looking people since my move to Tennessee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

No I have not...and don't need to...I believe there is beauty in everyone (yes even blacks NOVA!) and everything. My dream is to one day tour the US, maybe the world....so I would LOVE to have the chance to go to Philly. I don't care how "ugly" it or its people are supposed to be.
    Has anyone ever seen the movie "American Beauty" where the guy talks about the floating bag being the most beautiful thing he has ever seen? That's me, and the way I see the world.

I might find them humorous myself if they didn't put people down...I have to think that I am very pretty, so I am not the ugly duckling that takes up for my kind here, but evryone and every place is pretty in their own way.
    It hurts my heart to see anyone/anyplace being singled out. That's just me...tender-hearted to a fault I guess.

I might find them humorous myself if they didn't put people down...I have to think that I am very pretty, so I am not the ugly duckling that takes up for my kind here, but evryone and every place is pretty in their own way.
    It hurts my heart to see anyone/anyplace being singled out. That's just me...tender-hearted to a fault I guess.
    I think that is the difference WR; most of us didn't take the article seriously.

Well, San Francisco is #1 overall for "people", with Austin #2. Better take it seriously. But that includes friendliness and alot of other things. It seems like that article singled out one small aspect of the "people" category.

Austin is rated #4 for attractive people, higher than SF.

I think Philadelphia has been labeled in the past for most "overweight" people; I know Austin has more thin folks who exercise; so maybe the overall "attractive" label correlates to weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex View Post
    Well, San Francisco is #1 overall for "people", with Austin #2. Better take it seriously. But that includes friendliness and alot of other things. It seems like that article singled out one small aspect of the "people" category.

Austin is rated #4 for attractive people, higher than SF.

I think Philadelphia has been labeled in the past for most "overweight" people; I know Austin has more thin folks who exercise; so maybe the overall "attractive" label correlates to weight.
    true...I have read that, about the "overweight" thing...I actually am almost 100% sure it led to a question on the game show "Greed." The question was like what are the top most overweight cities...and it ranked right up there. I love philly cheesesteaks so who can blame them? YUM YUM

I'm surprised NYC wasn't listed along with Philadelphia lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast