IL - Sex Offender Tries To Castrate Himself

White Rain

Reaction score
At least he tried to do something, but too bad he didn't succeed all the way.

SPRINGFIELD -- A convicted sex offender tried to castrate himself with a fillet knife, apparently after having an urge to offend again, according to a police report.
The 59-year-old man removed one of his testicles Sunday night and flushed it down the toilet. The other testicle was severely injured.
The man, who was not identified in the police report, called a friend for help and police and paramedics found him bleeding profusely when they arrived. Police said he was expected to survive.
The man told police he was feeling the urge to touch and hurt children, the (Springfield) State Journal-Register reported Tuesday, and wasn't trying to kill himself but was trying to stop that urge. more at link
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=62497&src=109

That's why I feel a little sorry for them. They're sick. They're a type of sick we can't allow to run free - but they didn't choose it. They do choose how to respond to it though, but sometimes the sickness wins, even if you fight it.

well, hopefully he damage the other enough to make a difference,and hopefully someone will do other things since he made his urges known

That's why I feel a little sorry for them. They're sick. They're a type of sick we can't allow to run free - but they didn't choose it. They do choose how to respond to it though, but sometimes the sickness wins, even if you fight it.

Except i dont believe anyone is born with this "sickness". They bring it upon themselves, imo.

Except i dont believe anyone is born with this "sickness". They bring it upon themselves, imo.
I don't believe that - not for all of them, maybe not for most of them. They do choose how they respond to it.

He's so miserable at the idea of what he might do that he's cutting off his own balls, and you think he chose this?

Except i dont believe anyone is born with this "sickness". They bring it upon themselves, IMO.

How? I think it's their sexual orientation.........I think many were abused as children and identified with their abuser, for them it's a power thing. I think the rest are just wired wrong, that's why they can not be cured.

There's something kind of heroic about this--credit where credit is due.

What a shame....he should have sharpened the knife first.

I don't believe that - not for all of them, maybe not for most of them. They do choose how they respond to it.

He's so miserable at the idea of what he might do that he's cutting off his own balls, and you think he chose this?
pehaps he did coose it, but as he aged he realized it was a very wrong choice

You know what bothers me most about "castration" as a solution for sexual offenders: I hate to sound rude, gross, BUT even without a penis these offenders STILL have fingers and tongues...either of those can ruin a child's life as well, it's not just a penis...not to mention only body parts but "foreign objects" are ALWAYS available...this can hurt a child as badly as a penis any day.
If someone is an SO won't he get off in ANY way possible? He doesn't have to have a penis to derive sexual pleasure....ugh....sick....

Just like you brought your heterosexuality on yourself!?;)

There but for the grace of God. What a sad sad state of affairs it must be to have to mutilate your genitals because of your sexual drives. How much you must loathe yourself. Heartbreaking.

Medical castration would be available to him, I should think, but I imagine he hates himself so much he feels like he deserves this.

There but for the grace of God. What a sad sad state of affairs it must be to have to mutilate your genitals because of your sexual drives. How much you must loathe yourself. Heartbreaking.

Medical castration would be available to him, I should think, but I imagine he hates himself so much he feels like he deserves this.
then perhaps he should have gone for free counseling- I am sure this was not his FIRST episode, and knew the system- he was more than likely aware of help available- even if it was medical castration-

It's not sad to me, but then I am an abuse victim....and even though I was I'm not out there sexually abusing kids and the thought of it makes me sick beyond belief.

It's not sad to me, but then I am an abuse victim....and even though I was I'm not out there sexually abusing kids and the thought of it makes me sick beyond belief.

My sister and most of my closest friends were sexually abused as children. I have great sadness for his victims and for him. The two are not mutually exclusive.

It's hard for me to imagine living as a person whose sexual drives, if acted on, always hurt innocent people. As we know, pedophelia (and I don't think all child molesters are pedophiles but I do think this man is) is not a curable condition. What a nightmare.

I am of course glad he wanted to stop himself from acting on his compulsions. That's incredibly right-minded and people are not always right-minded when it comes to fulfilling their sexual desires. But I am hardly happy that he felt the need to mutilate himself to stop himself.

Obviously, he felt like that was the only way out for him, but what he did is utterly depressing and horrifying. It would also have been utterly depressing and horrifying had he molested another child.

It reminds me of that Kate Winslet movie - Little Children.

My sister and most of my closest friends were sexually abused as children. I have great sadness for his victims and for him. The two are not mutually exclusive.

It's hard for me to imagine living as a person whose sexual drives, if acted on, always hurt innocent people. As we know, pedophelia (and I don't think all child molesters are pedophiles but I do think this man is) is not a curable condition. What a nightmare.

I am of course glad he wanted to stop himself from acting on his compulsions. That's incredibly right-minded and people are not always right-minded when it comes to fulfilling their sexual desires. But I am hardly happy that he felt the need to mutilate himself to stop himself.

Obviously, he felt like that was the only way out for him, but what he did is utterly depressing and horrifying. It would also have been utterly depressing and horrifying had he molested another child.

It reminds me of that Kate Winslet movie - Little Children.

I think he did the smart thing to mutilate himself rather then hurt a innocent child.
To bad all pedophiles didn't do this, would be a much better world to live in. Maybe the Jessica Lunsfords in the world would still be alive.

You know what bothers me most about "castration" as a solution for sexual offenders: I hate to sound rude, gross, BUT even without a penis these offenders STILL have fingers and tongues...either of those can ruin a child's life as well, it's not just a penis...not to mention only body parts but "foreign objects" are ALWAYS available...this can hurt a child as badly as a penis any day.
If someone is an SO won't he get off in ANY way possible? He doesn't have to have a penis to derive sexual pleasure....ugh....sick....
I agree!! We had this discussion a while back. I think you covered it well so I wont say anymore. but I wil say Kudos (kinda) to this guy for knowing he had a problem and tried to stop it.

I agree, South.

Who knows how many suicides are due to this? I have no wish to see offending pedos go free, but this is just sad. I know of a defendant in Mich. who was sentenced to chemical castration and when he was released, he continued to get the treatment by his private physician.

Eve

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood