1445 users online (318 members and 1127 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Michele Cavaletto, 28, raped & murdered, Walnut Hill, 20 Oct 2007

The husband's family are friends of my parents, please remember her in your prayers,this was a brutal crime:

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/161252.html

A man accused of killing a teacher said he intentionally hit the woman with his Jeep as she walked along a rural Southern Illinois road, then kicked and sexually attacked her in the woods before going home and returning to stab her, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

Cavaletto "apparently didn't even see him coming" when Barrall hit her from behind as she went for a morning walk near her home, Wilzbach said.
    "He admits he hit her intentionally. He denied it was an accident," Wilzbach said.
    Barrall allegedly kicked the woman in the head repeatedly with steel-toed boots, sexually assaulted her and went home, only to return later to stab her in the chest and neck with a knife, Wilzbach said.
    Barrall gathered up Cavaletto's clothing except for the bra she was found still wearing and disposed of those items, along with the knife, at various places, according to Wilzbach's probable-cause statement.

That is horrible...do you have the death penality t93?
    prayers for her family and friends...also for your parents t93

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    WHY??!? What a horrible crime!
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Oh my Lord! I can't/don't want to imagine what this poor woman went through. Prayers to all she left behind.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    this is awful and an outrage I hope gets the death penalty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Prom 2008

OMG, what in the he!! is wrong with people???? This is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    That is horrible...do you have the death penality t93?
    prayers for her family and friends...also for your parents t93

I think they do plan on seeking the death penalty because of the brutality of the crime. Thanks everyone for the prayers-I did not know the girl personally, my parents and the in-laws were friendly. It is so sad. She left behind a husband and two children.

I hope he gets whats coming to him

what is alarming to me is the increasingly randomness and ferocity of crimes. i understand the whole 'crime of passion' thing where someone is unusually violent because they are related or married to someone (not that i agree with it, but i understand that it happens)... but something like this is totally random, for no reason, just ever-increasing hatred against strangers.. women and children especially, by men.. and so many men out here among us who are just functioning psychotics...

what on earth would make a person want to do such a thing....???

wow thats not far from where I grew up....
    Sounds like the guy wanted to go to prison....thats strange....

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

This is insane I wonder if he has ever done anything illegal or immoral before? I searched the offender registry no results.
    Barrall told police he returned home to Centralia -- about a half-hour drive -- before turning back, pulling Cavaletto into a sitting position and stabbing her again and again with a knife in the chest and neck, Wilzbach said.

An autopsy showed that none of the woman's injuries was inflicted after she died.

http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/161628.html
    This man needs to waive the trial. I am praying for the family that he will do one thing right here.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Someone posted that he had only had a traffic violation. I think it was Steve Huff on another thread.

This is one of the most horrendous crimes I have ever heard of. Evil truly does walk upon this earth. This is on a par with the Cheshire home invasion and the Groene torture/murder cases. May God bless Michelle and all the other victims of torture murders and keep them close to his heart. I am aghast.

Prayers for her family and friends...

From August 2010:

http://www.carmitimes.com/article/20...NEWS/308309912

Neil Barrall of Centralia will spend the rest of his life in prison--with no possibility of parole--for the October 2007 rape and murder of Michele Cavaletto, a southern Illinois teacher...

Barrall, who earlier entered an open plea of "guilty but mentally ill," accepted the maximum penalty after negotiations with State's Attorney Matt Wilzbach, the station reported.