Man Crashes into Hospital

Thats one way to get medical attention quick.:)

Sadly, it's funny. ;)
How many here have either gone to an emergency room or taken a loved one to the emergency room only to sit and wait for hours on end?

Sadly, it's funny. ;)
How many here have either gone to an emergency room or taken a loved one to the emergency room only to sit and wait for hours on end?

I have. BUT...I also WORK in an Emergency Room, and it's outrageous how many people automatically assume that just because they are going into an emergency room that it is an ACTUAL emergency.

Patients with TRUE EMERGENCIES do not wait for hours on end. Granted, we've all read about exceptions to the norm, but for the most part, if you have a REAL emergency, you get back quickly.

I have. BUT...I also WORK in an Emergency Room, and it's outrageous how many people automatically assume that just because they are going into an emergency room that it is an ACTUAL emergency.

Patients with TRUE EMERGENCIES do not wait for hours on end. Granted, we've all read about exceptions to the norm, but for the most part, if you have a REAL emergency, you get back quickly.

Three weeks ago my daughter had a come to Jesus session about her un diagnosed bipolar issues and we were 13 and 1/2 hours on a gurney in the ER by the door. That is an excessive amount of time when it's your child, of course, but you can't complain when:
8:00 football injury, kid was out COLD and lots of back and forth for scans. 8:30 rape of a mother of teenage girls, they waited a long time in a room near me. 9:00 anciently elderly woman breathing problems whose caregiver was out of town. 9:30 gang related gunshot victim, hospital on lockdown in case the gang came in. 10:00 adorable young teen stabbed in the back, breathing like he was a horror movie creature, handcuffed to the gurney near us. 11:00 a loud mouth obnoxious attorney who got into a bar fight. Several HORRIFIC car accidents, kids with fevers, and a homeless man on a gurney near us who I fed sandwiches and applesauce to, lots of friends of the attorney getting into everyone's way and acting like floozies, several drunks.

I wasn't in the least surprised that no one had time to get around to my daughter who was sitting there quietly drawing pictures. I figured she was suicidal and she wanted to go herself - so to me it was a dire emergency, but seeing everyone else in there, I figured as long as I kept sharp objects away from her, most others needed more than I did, faster.

Thank you, to all the emergency room people who take these people in and have to make decisions on who needs the care first. The ones who scrape up our accidents and our dead so we don't have to see them, and the ones who take people off the street who need to be off the street, so we can live in our fantasy world that only our problems are important and waiting in the ER is annoying. We like our ignorance. Thank you!

(And when my eventual heart attack comes before someone else's kid that comes in like mine did - I'll be greatful.) :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back