GUILTY GA - Christina Baxter, 30, disabled, starved to death, Augusta, 21 Oct 2007

wildTrose

Reaction score
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14419548/detail.html

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- At a house overrun with roaches, choked with cobwebs and smeared with garbage police found a 46 pound woman starved to death.

Officials arrested the victim's sister and brother-in-law Sunday. A grand jury charged them with manslaughter.

Police said Christine Baxter, 30, died of complications from malnutrition. She was blind, deaf and unable to feed herself.

Her sister, Jeanne Peterson and Peterson's husband Buel, were supposed to be her caregivers.

Absolutely disgusted :eek: that poor woman was relying on her sister to look after her along with her husband. I cannot people live in such trash and treat their family this way. I hope both sister and bil are charged with murder.

My mom just died 3 weeks ago, and she got down to 62 LB. This was only because she had cancer that ravaged her poor body. It was beyond painful to see her this way--suffering greatly. But, for these slimes to intentionally neglect a, "loved one?????" to the point of killing her by starvation and death sickens me. This angers me to the boiling point. How dare they do that to anyone. I hope they fry in a big way.

The dear lady is no longer in pain and being abused, and I know she is in a better place. Rest in peace dear lady.

Lion

Condolences on the death of your mom, LionRun.

That house was disgusting! Were the sister and brother-in-law actually living in the house, I wonder?

How can someone do this to their own sister??? RIP sweet lady, you will have no more pain anymore!

There was a 200 pound pig that lived in that house, along with a dog and a cat. There are no words adequate to describe the living conditions in that house. The neighbors are all saying that they didn't even know the disabled lady lived there. They are saying that the couple came and went at night, and were not very friendly. The neighbors admit there was a horrible smell from the house, but they attributed it to the animals. I imagine these two sisters as little girls, and I have to wonder where things went so horribly wrong. I wonder if this poor lady ever knew any sort of happiness in her life at all. I hope and pray that she is now in a place where she is clean, comfortable, and in the company of angels who will give her hugs, warm baths, and plates full of the best foods in heaven. God rest her soul. God punish the evil, heartless scum that allowed her last days on earth to be lived in a quiet darkness filled with incredible misery and filth. :furious: :furious: We read so many horrible things here at WS's, but this one makes me want to go find a quiet place to cry.

Sickening. What I wouldn't have given to just give my mom nutrition to help her to get well. She had a feeding tube, but still the cancer wouldn't let her body utilize the food. And, these slimes intentionally starved their own sister(and SIL). Those criminals need to be up on murder charges of some kind, and not just on manslaughter charges, in my opinion. Boy, this burns be up.

Meridian, thank you:blowkiss:.

Lion

Lion Run, I am very sorry about your Mother.

I had to look at the caregivers, and noticed that they were well nourished while they were being dragged off to jail. There should be a special kind of hell for people who do a long slow torture of a human being this way...be it child or adult. No one else noticed that this poor disabled woman had dropped off of the radar screen? Clearly sis and her husband were cashing her disability checks. And then to dump her on the lawn for the paramedics to attend to....I hope the neighbors are somewhat remorseful when the roaches make their way into their homes once the building is destroyed. I know that sounds unforgiving, but come on folks!

I have to wonder if there were any other relatives? It seems pretty clear that the sister and her husband couldn't even take care of themselves so how was it that they even had the sister to begin with?

VB

Why did I have to look at those photos???/ How can people live like that

Lion Run,
So sorry about your mom it must have been so hard to watch her and not help her get nutrition. These people could have given this poor lady adequate nutrition. This house looks like something out of a horror movie. They need to tear it down. I hope no one lives to close because all those roaches are going to run right to the next house. Oooo...

why wasn't there someone checking in on her? I know she was with family but still someone somewhere should have been checking to make sure her needs were being met.

What a shame and a disgrace. She deserved to die with at least a shred of decency.
Her possister and BIL should be made to live in that house, under house arrest with no food and water until THEY die.

My mom just died 3 weeks ago, and she got down to 62 LB. This was only because she had cancer that ravaged her poor body. It was beyond painful to see her this way--suffering greatly. But, for these slimes to intentionally neglect a, "loved one?????" to the point of killing her by starvation and death sickens me. This angers me to the boiling point. How dare they do that to anyone. I hope they fry in a big way.

The dear lady is no longer in pain and being abused, and I know she is in a better place. Rest in peace dear lady.

Lion

Lion, I'm really sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you on this as I just can't imagine it.
After looking at these pictures, I truly felt sick. To think that someone was living in this, is unimaginable. This poor disabled woman was living in this squallor! It's just unacceptable. I wonder if the sister and BIL had another residence or if they actually lived there too. This is so sad. She was very young too. Horrible.

Lion

I am very sorry about your mom...

I hope they fry big time too...:mad:

The pictures are awful. Can anyone tell what picture #5 is?
And # 3 and #4 - are those pix of the yard looking outside from a window, or are those pix the inside of the house?

Did the sister and bil live in that house too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back