728 users online (58 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Melody Stanton and "the scream"

Another board has falsely stated that Melody Stanton changed her story about "the scream" after "Team Ramsey got to her". This is false. Charlie Brennan re-interviewed Mrs. Stanton, and she told him that she believed the scream she heard actually occured two days earlier. No one "got" to her from Team Ramsey.

Another person with knowledge of the entire Stanton situation told me that Mike Kane had a pre-interview with Mrs. Stanton to see if she had anything the grand jury should hear, and determined that she was not needed to testify. She did not testify before the grand jury.

Just my opinion.

I remember she said it might have been a "dream." (Which could explain why she didn't go in front of the GJ) - Not that it was possibly two days earlier.

You mention Charlie Brennan "reinterviewed" her. What was her story in the first interview?

We do know that the Ramsey detectives were out the very next day interviewing neighbors on what they may have seen or heard. Who's to say that they did not interview Melody? They told Barnhill he DIDN'T see JAR.
    IMO -

Middle of the Night After Party, 23rd?

You know, the autopsy people said she'd been molested a couple of days before her death and that it was healing.

Did Melody Stanton still say it was about 2 AM that she heard the loud, blood-curdling scream? JonBenet had cried at the party, and evidently tried to call 911 but someone took the phone away from her if I remember correctly and invented a cover story which turned out to be not true.

The police came, and Susan Stine went to the door and dismissed them, did not even let them in, as I recall. Said it was all a mistake or an accident.

Who do you think was there, Candy? Someone who called himself Santa Claus besides McSanta? By the time she told her friend Megan and Mrs. K. about it, to impress them, she was in a better mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    JonBenet had cried at the party, and evidently tried to call 911 but someone took the phone away from her if I remember correctly and invented a cover story which turned out to be not true.
    I don't think that was ever substantiated, Eagle.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by candy
    Charlie Brennan re-interviewed Mrs. Stanton, and she told him that she believed the scream she heard actually occured two days earlier. No one "got" to her from Team Ramsey.
    The problem is we don't know the time frame on ANY of these interviews. When did the BPD first talk to Melody? When did the Ramsey investigators? When was she re-interviewed by the BPD? And when exactly did Brennan talk to her? How about Frank Coffman and that idiot Shapiro?
    Without knowing the time frames it's impossible to tell if Team Ramsey (or anyone else) influenced her account of that night.

Melody Stanton

What I had heard about it was that MS had reported that she awoke to a scream on the night of the 25th, then woke her husband who heard a metal on concrete sound a few minutes later. Supposedly, at some later point she claimed that she did not hear the scream. But nothing was ever discussed about whether her husband was interviewed and what he said at first or later.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Welcome to Boulder. Scream? What scream? Rape? What rape? Murder? What murder?

question becomes

Quote Originally Posted by candy
    Another person with knowledge of the entire Stanton situation told me
    Is this 'another person' unbiased of Ramsey guilt or innocence?

and Candy that question goes for you too these days.

Only Melody Stanton is qualified to know and report the entire Stanton situation. What's a pre-interview, it sounds like being sort of a virgin. Are you saying it was off the cuff so there is no record of the transaction?

Yes, she said it was the night of the party, but she didn't check the time when she heard it (!) except that it was after midnight.

Just my opinion.

Team Ramsey had no problem with "the scream", the Ramseys used "the scream" in the Wolf case, and it was cited by Judge Carnes in her opinion. It most likely came from Lou Smit's deposition (which could not be rebutted as it came after ST's depo):

Defendants claim they were not awakened during the night. A neighbor who lived across the street from defendants' home, however, reported that she heard a scream during the early morning of December 26, 1996. Experiments have demonstrated that the vent from the basement may have amplified the scream so that it could have been heard outside of the house, but not three stories up, in defendants' bedroom. (SMF P 148; PSMF P 148.)

Just my opinion.

Just curious if these two were investigated?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Why would they need to be investigated??
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Just curious if these two were investigated?
    You're wondering if the Stantons were investigated? I would hope so, but it doesn't seem too likely...

From ST's deposition in CW v. Rs:
    "Q. Did you ever seek to interview the Richardson twins who lived with Melody Stanton?

A. No.

Q. Why not?

A. Because I was unaware of these people.

Q. Did anybody in the Boulder Police Department make an attempt, to your knowledge, to interview
    the two 30-year old twins, the Richardson twins, that lived with Melody Stanton?

A. Not that I'm aware of."

http://www.webbsleuths.com/cgi-bin/d...m=DCForumID107

I'm curious because of some of the things I've read about her statements. Not sure if they are completely true. But she seems to have switched when she heard the scream from that night to two days prior. She also said something weird about not hearing the scream but it just being Jonbenet's "energy" crying out. That's creepy.

Then there was the issue that they are not the immediate neighbors and the houses between didn't hear anything. Her husband also stated he heard scraping sounds. These all seem very strange statements to me because they kind of serve as a quasi alibi, they couldn't have been 'making" the sounds if they were hearing them elsewhere.

Curious
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I'm curious because of some of the things I've read about her statements. Not sure if they are completely true. But she seems to have switched when she heard the scream from that night to two days prior. She also said something weird about not hearing the scream but it just being Jonbenet's "energy" crying out. That's creepy.

Then there was the issue that they are not the immediate neighbors and the houses between didn't hear anything. Her husband also stated he heard scraping sounds. These all seem very strange statements to me because they kind of serve as a quasi alibi, they couldn't have been 'making" the sounds if they were hearing them elsewhere.

Curious
    This is the way I understand it: Mrs Stanton first claimed she heard a child's scream around midnight Christmas night. She claimed she always slept with a window open, even in winter. After hearing what she described as a horrible child's scream, she woke her husband. He had not heard the scream, but he said he heard sounds like "metal scraping concrete" (his words). She claimed she did not call police right then because she thought that any parent would certainly hear a scream like that from their child and she "didn't want to get involved" (her words).Here is where it gets confusing- after her claims were made known when the murder of JB was reported, she then said that it might have been "negative energy" emanating from JB and not an actual scream". Some people think the R's lawyers got to her and caused her to back away from the "scream" claim. The Stanton's were so rattled by all this that they sold their house and moved out of the area. Later, Mrs Stanton again reaffirmed that she had, in fact, heard an actual scream.
    Police conducted a "scream test" from the basement of the R home, where there was a vent pipe to the outside. This was in an area near where the paint tote was located. The police found that a scream could indeed be heard from the Stanton's house, which was diagonally across the street from the R home. The scream could also be heard in the parents' 3rd floor bedroom.

On a similar note, the late Joe Barnhill, the neighbor across the street, claimed to have seen JAR walking into the R home earlier that day. He knew the family well, and actually he was the one who was dogsitting the JB's Bichon Jacques while the R were going to be away- he already had the dog at his house before Christmas, so Jacques was not in the R home the night JB was killed. Joe Barnhill also kept JB's new bike at his house until JR came and got it to put under the tree. The Barnhills dogsat frequently. Later (supposedly) after the Rs attorneys talked to him, he also changed his claim and said he "wasn't sure" it was JAR. I don't know why any OTHER college-age young man would be walking into the R house. This was in the daytime while the family was home. JAR's presence at the house has long been denied. Yet, JR obtained lawyers for his first wife in Georgia (JAR's mother) nearly as soon as he got them himself. So that makes 2 neighbors who offered statements about the day/night of the crime and later reversed their claims. I don't know about anyone else, but that makes me suspicious.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast