Australia - Girl, 16 wks, dies of head trauma, Dubbo, NSW, 20 July 2004

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
A woman who admitted killing her lovers 16 week old daughter and trying to blame someone else for the crime has been jailed for 5 years.
She had been coming down from heroin and couldnt handle the baby crying so she slammed her into the wooden side of a futon bed.
What is wrong with these judges:mad: ...sometimes thay care more for the murderer than they do for the victim:banghead: .

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=126143

This judge needs to have HER head slammed up against the futon frame for making such a dumb a$$ed sentence. 5 years for the death of a child...now THAT is criminal!!!:eek: :furious:

But the poor girlfriend was coming down from heroin and needed a nap...I get so frustrated with some of these sentences that I could scream..:(

From the article:

"I accept that the offender was not in complete control of herself," said Acting Justice Mathews.

"She was suffering from drug withdrawal, sleeplessness and frustration at her inability to stop the baby crying. She had minimal personal resources to draw upon."

What?!

First of all, who leaves his baby with a junkie and expects everything to turn out OK?

Secondly, why is it better in this judge's eyes that she was out of control? By that rationale, drunk drivers should get LIGHTER sentences when they kill people, but that's not how stuff like that is handled.

If I remember correctly...Heroin is an illegal substance. So not only do we have an individual buying an illegal substance, they have put this substance in their body, but they also have commited murder against a child.

Good job Judge!!! Lets give all the drug induced individuals the idea that just because you are on drugs and do something stupid, you should get a "break".

AND she tried to blame her cellmate whom she never met before she went to jail. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!:mad:

From the article:

"I accept that the offender was not in complete control of herself," said Acting Justice Mathews.

"She was suffering from drug withdrawal, sleeplessness and frustration at her inability to stop the baby crying. She had minimal personal resources to draw upon."

What?!

First of all, who leaves his baby with a junkie and expects everything to turn out OK?

Secondly, why is it better in this judge's eyes that she was out of control? By that rationale, drunk drivers should get LIGHTER sentences when they kill people, but that's not how stuff like that is handled.

I was wondering the same thing! Where the heck is the father in all of this??
Since this was his GF why is he not being held responsible for leaving his baby with a drug addict?

If I remember correctly...Heroin is an illegal substance. So not only do we have an individual buying an illegal substance, they have put this substance in their body, but they also have commited murder against a child.

Good job Judge!!! Lets give all the drug induced individuals the idea that just because you are on drugs and do something stupid, you should get a "break".

Yeah, and if she had so much as sold marijuana she probably would have gotten 15 years. I am so sick of this.:furious:

Eve

My brother was on drugs and stole my other brothers credit card...he got 5 years. The justice system is out of control. Someone kills a baby and gets 5 years. Mary Winkle shoots her husband in the back...serves very little time. Human life doesn't seem to be very important these days. What the judge really said is that babies life was only worth 5 years. How sad!

You know, I have two girls, and I was young when I had them, I was ages 17 and 19. I knew NOTHING about taking care of a baby because I was an only child.
And sometimes their ceaseless crying would send me to the edge, but you know what? Thats when you put them in the crib, shut the door, and let them cry and get ahold of yourself before you do something stupid like this. They most likely won't die lying their while you take a couple of minutes to regain YOUR control.
Babies can't help crying, it's their only form of letting you know something is wrong. Adults CAN help their actions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back