KY - Kathryn McCoy, 20, charged in death of newborn, Louisville, 24 Oct 2007

Indy Gal

Former Member
Reaction score
When will this chit stop!!!

http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7268849

Plainfield - A Plainfield teenager is at the center of a murder investigation. Detectives say the college sophomore gave birth in a bathroom, then allowed the baby girl to die in a dorm.

and

Investigators say McCoy delivered the baby girl in secret, locked in her dorm bathroom. She reportedly let the newborn fall into the toilet and then dumped its body in the trash, down the hall. A roommate found the baby and called 911.

look at her mugshot, oh how I would love to smack that smirk off her face!!!

What a *advertiser censored*. Her reputation and her life were so much more important than that little girl's. She should have used birth control if she didn't want a child to "ruin" her life.

I think when young women do something like this they should automatically have a hysterectomy so they never have another child (whether they grow up and want one or not).

I agree 100 percent with everything you said! Great post!

This makes me sick. All of the people trying so hard to have children and this poor life lost.

About a month ago, a newborn's body was discovered in a dumpster behind the YWCA in our town (Lancster, PA). They haven't been able to identify the "mother." I can't even stand to use that term for someone so evil.

This has got to stop happening.

You are so right about the smirk in that mugshot!!! Horrible.

That happened right here in Louisville. I cried last night when they first announced it on the news. That poor little girl.... I would have loved to have her.

I was so thrilled when they announced they arrested her and charged her with murder. I think they should give her death and quickly. To do that to a baby...be it your own or someone else's. She does not deserve to live.

Nice to feel this entitled to your own idea of your life that you can flush away another. And please, let's not start a debate about choice-she could have wrapped the little girl up in a blanket and left her at any church, clinic, ER or grocery store. She even took the time to conceal all the evidence of birth...what a heartbreaker.

I hope they have a Safe Haven Law there. I think the laws should be widely advertised on billboards and TV.

Yes we do have safe have laws. My husband said that last night. I just don't understand....

I think that dam^ smirk on her face says it all. Of course she will play the woe is me card.....total BS

I don't understand why she could hide the whole pregnancy, but then she couldn't just drop the baby off. No one would ever be the wiser!

I went through tons of infertility treatments, months and months each time, to get my children, and my heart just breaks to read stuff like this.

I don't understand how she could hide it either. She was on the golf team and they said they played recently. I think on Oct 6th.

Hipmama - Sorry to hear about your struggles. (((Hipmama)))

Stupid girl. She murdered her baby in an attempt to "save her reputation", and "live the life she had always planned for". So, now everyone knows she got pregnant, had a baby, AND MURDERED IT - there goes the reputation. And as far as her future life - behind bars. Stupid girl deserves so much more than what she will get.

Little *advertiser censored*!! Now how's her reputation. Instead of being a pregnant single mother, she's a little murdering, heartless, (I don't know if it's ok to use the other word). You can tell by her picture she is a little miss perfect. I'd like to slap the crap outta her. I can't believe that you can look at your baby and just dispose of him/her. I was in love way before they were even born. It makes me sick. Someone could have been willing to give that angel all the love in the world. :razz: :razz: :razz:

http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7271136

A college sophomore from Indiana charged with murder in the death of her newborn daughter has posted bond.
Judge Paula Fitzgerald set the $50,000 bond Friday morning for 19-year-old Kathyrn "Katie" McCoy, a student at Bellarmine University in Louisville.

and

Since 2000, Indiana has had a "safe haven" law in force, which means that anyone can abandon an infant under 45 days old with any emergency medical services provider with no questions asked. The secrecy of the mother's identity is assured, and she will not be prosecuted for abandonment or neglect if she acts within 45 days of birth and if the baby is not harmed. Kentucky has a similar law, meaning that McCoy could have given up the infant at any hospital, police or fire station.

The autopsy further showed that the infant was at or near term. It goes on to say her death is consistent with drowning.

there are too many options for this to even go this far.The list starts with birthcontrol,morning after pills,abortion(not for everyone,but is an option),adoption,the safe havens but this is wrong and she sounds to like an idiot for not using the options. She should have went to planned parenthood and paid attention in the 4th or 5th grade sex talk the schools have about periods and such.

Nice to feel this entitled to your own idea of your life that you can flush away another. And please, let's not start a debate about choice-she could have wrapped the little girl up in a blanket and left her at any church, clinic, ER or grocery store. She even took the time to conceal all the evidence of birth...what a heartbreaker.
I think she DOES deserve to die. No debate necessary.
:hand:

Wilkerson said some of the people interviewed told police that they wondered if McCoy might be pregnant.
"They had some suspicions that she might be, but it was never brought up," Wilkerson said.

huh?! OK.. let's everyone just look away and close our eyes,,, la la la la laaaaa..... what is this, some kind of mass delusion? i never could understand this.. how on earth someone could possibly hide a LATE TERM pregnancy?? that just seems insane to me... especially when you are living with roommates and seeing so many different people every day. how can people not see it?? did everyone just have an agreement they would all be in denial about it???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back