Marine Father Sues Church Protesters

Oh my word! This is very disturbing! These people are crazy. Have they never read the scripture "Judge not, lest you be judged". And where in the bible does the word "*advertiser censored*" appear????

I feel so bad for this family. They will be in my prayers. I'm grateful to their son who fought for my freedom!

Sadly all that does is give them what they want, attention. Watch, they will spin it around to mean that they are being taken to court for their beliefs and all Christains who stand for what is right are persecuted.

I don't wish many people ill will but I get a little thrill each time I think he will spend eternity in hell for what he has done in the name of his G-d.

I am going to be very blunt here. If they are protesting homosexuality they need to go to that audience. I hope that sick pastor burns in He**!
He will answer for this and God will judge him.

They are evil sick people, and I hope to see them lose everything they have or could ever hope to get. Yeah, right, no hatred, no intent to hurt - that's all they are, is sickos who get off from hurting grieving families!

Sadly all that does is give them what they want, attention. Watch, they will spin it around to mean that they are being taken to court for their beliefs and all Christains who stand for what is right are persecuted. ...
They may spin it around outside of court, but inside of court, they're being very meek and, "Oh, I didn't think that would hurt anyone" - totally wimping out when taken in front of a judge - very different from their normal posing.

What I like is that the stories are focusing on the Marine dad and the story, and not on the church - their name isn't in the headline, and isn't mentioned for a few paragraphs down. That's not going to give them the publicity they want. Anyone sharing their views already knows about this bunch of bottom-dwellers.

These protesters have bothered me for a long time, IMO they should be tried for a hate crime because what they do is 110% hate, hate for our soldiers and hate for the country. If it bothers them so much then why don't they leave and find someplace they like better!

VB

I hate that they're given credit for being a church. Most everyone here knows I'm no fan of organized religion, but even IMO, this group has NO right to be called a church!

I don't understand why there aren't laws set up to prevent demonstrations at funerals. They could enact such a law which would not allow any kind of public displays, protests, etc. for a certain area surrounding a funeral of anyone. I don't see how this would encroach on our liberties.

Those people are not Christians or of any faith. They are a brainwashed cult filled with unintelligent, dispicable people who use religion to try to further their own agenda. I feel so sorry for the children. It should be considered a form of abuse to use them in such a manner. It isn't unlike terrorists grooming their children to become suicide bombers.

The members of this "group" (it's not a church, imo) do this for attention. It's much like a cult in that they only believe what they do because it furthers their need for attention in public and they get rewarded by others in their group the more vocal and bizarre they act. They are all brainwashed and emotionally and psychologically damaged. I love that the Freedom Riders have zeroed in on the whole attention seeking motive and instead of confronting and giving them more attention and someone to attack, they just surround them, cover them with flags and turn their backs on them and rev motorcycles in their faces . It's the ultimate insult and very effective in a quiet dignified way - the "haters" come but get no attention, no cameras, no confrontation, no signs, no words, no hate - just the backs of some brave men and women in "uniforms" of leather and denim standing strong for men and women in uniforms of a different sort - and both "uniforms" make America PROUD! But lest we forget, the "haters" go to other high profile funerals as well, they intended to protest at the Amish Girl's funerals as well but were discouraged from that.

Just IGNORE the "hate" and make sure you support the Freedom Riders in their efforts to ignore these people into oblivion.

My Opinion

Kudos to Mr. Snyder. Interrupting these servicemen's funerals is dispicable, and the protesters' vile picketing has NOTHING to do with free speech.

I am glad the Freedom Riders have stepped in to assist at the funerals and that they are doing it in a peaceful and intelligent way. I am also glad that the family is suing them. Without income, they will find it hard to keep going. Maybe after the suit the family can make the court evidence and etc. public and help to mitigate anything the "group" has to say about it.

I too don't believe they are a church. And I too believe it is a hate crime, though I don't think they can be prosecuted for it.

This group actually protested the funerals of the five firefighters that died here in Southern California last year (the Esperanza fire)!! Why? Who knows!!

He won! 2.9 million in damages, with punative damages still being decided!

:dance: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those people are DESPICABLE! I hope they get slammed!!

Here's the link to the wonderful story!

BALTIMORE — A federal jury on Wednesday awarded the father of a fallen Marine $2.9 million in compensatory damages after finding a fundamentalist Kansas church and three of its leaders liable for invasion of privacy and intent to inflict emotional distress for picketing the Marine's funeral in 2006.

The jury was to begin deliberating the size of punitive damages after receiving further instructions, although U.S. District Judge Richard Bennett noted the size of the compensatory award "far exceeds the net worth of the defendants," according to financial statements filed with the court.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307058,00.html

Fred Phelps and his followers have a right to their opinions.

It's fairly obvious from his means and methods that Fred Phelps is a man who is deeply desirous of a homosexual experience to call his own.

How terrible it must be to loathe yourself so much! I wish he'd just get laid already and leave innocent bystanders out of his publically played out self-hatred.

ETA - I'm always interested to see how cases that test the limits of free speech turn out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back