Identified! TX - Harris Co., Human remains, 1008UMTX, in boat shed, Aug'73 - Michael Baulch

Sugie

Reaction score
I can't seem to get Doe Network site to copy & paste on here. This young man (UID 1008UMTX) was one of three found on the same day in Houston.
What do you think of 3DMIL as a possible match?

The Doe Network:
Case File 1008UMTX

1008UMTX.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim
Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on August 8, 1973 in Houston, Harris County, Texas
  • Estimated Date of Death: 2-3 months prior to discovery
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16-21 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (173 cm)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Short, dark brown hair that was approximately 3-1/2 inches in length.
Case History
This child is one of three unidentified deceased males located in Houston, Texas on August 8, 1973.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Harris County Medical Examiner's Office
713-796-6774
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
ML73-3378
NCIC Number:
N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

AND

The Doe Network:
Case File 3DMIL

DKelly.jpg
DKelly1.jpg

Left: Kelly in 1972; Right: Age-progression of Kelly at age 49 (circa 2004)
Dermot Faulkner Kelly
Missing since January 30, 1972 from Oglesby, La Salle County, Illinois.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: July 27, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0, 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kelly walked out of his family's home in Illinois on January 30, 1972 and never returned. It is unknown where he may be.

Investigators
If you have any information on Kelly's whereabouts, please contact:
La Salle County Sheriff's Office
Missing Persons Unit
815-434-8320

You can remain anonymous if you wish.
NCMEC #:
NCMC602923

NCIC Number:
M-784133377

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

Wow,that is quite a resemblance.
I'd just posted a thread on this very case.
I wonder if Harris county has checked this guy out?
The timing is certainly right.
A DNA sample of the relatives might be helpful.
Id seen this same boy on the Charley Project 1972 listing but I was looking for Texas missing persons.
I also hadnt seen that reconstruction.
You know when David Brooks ( one of Corll's acomplisses) gave his statement he spoke of a kid that he and Corll had picked up hitch hiking.In 1972.
I wonder if this could possibly be him?
The info with the reconstruction says he died sometime in 1973 but I thought all of Corll's last victims were accounted for.Who knows.

Do you think it is a close enough probability? If so, does anyone want to contact Harris county. I'm new at this but don't mind doing it unless someone with more experience wants to. This young man's parents are probably getting on up there in age (at least in their 70's if they are still living), it would be nice to give them some answers if we can.

Sugie I really think someone should.
I would think that Harris county would have done the obvious and searched the Doe Network ect. to look for time appropriate dissapearences but who knows?

Do you think it is a close enough probability? If so, does anyone want to contact Harris county. I'm new at this but don't mind doing it unless someone with more experience wants to. This young man's parents are probably getting on up there in age (at least in their 70's if they are still living), it would be nice to give them some answers if we can.

You should make the call, you found him! :)

I think the resemblance is striking, they both have the same broad nose. Keep us posted!

I called Harris County Medical Examiners office. The lady that is in charge of identifications was out today. Will try again tomorrow.

Good.Let us know what happens.It would be so great if at least one of these kids was identified.

I gave the information to the medical examiners office yesterday. Now we wait!

I hope you hear back from Harris county soon.

I hope I do too. They have submitted bones for DNA testing on all three of the boys in Harris County. Hopefully they can identify these young men and return them to their families.

I certainly hope they are able to get a sample from Dermot Kelly's people.
I still have a strong feeling about him.This stuff does take time though.

Im bumping this...I hope there is some word eventually from Harris county.
I still feel your on the right track with this one.
I wonder if Dermont Kelly has any relatives that can be located by The coroners office.
I hope they follow up on this,you would think one look at their reconstruction and a photo of Dermont would be enough to make them take an interest.

I wonder the same about the Kelly family. This young man would be in his 50's now, so parents would probably be in their 70's. Keeping my fingers crossed that there is someone that they can locate should they think this might be him. How long do DNA results usually take? Maybe when they have completed those, all three of these young men can be identified.

Hi Sugie!
Yeah I was wondering what steps they would take.
I assume they would contact the authorities who first handled Dermot Kelly's disapearence.
But whether any of his people can be located is another question...
1972 was a long time ago, and imagine trying to track down some one with the last name Kelly? Goodnight.
Still If I was a betting man Id put money on it being him.Just a strong feeling.I cant explain why.
If you hear anything back please post asap o.k.?

Hi Kline, I hope your feeling is right. It has been so long. And yes, a very common name. I hope some of the family did stay in touch with LE just in case.
Is it just me or did you notice all three re-constructions have some similar facial features. Strong features especially the noses. I wonder if a certain look was targeted. Just a thought......
I can't even imagine what it would be like not knowing where one of my children was. I will post immediately if I hear anything.
My prayers go out for all those who have lost loved ones and those who wait and wonder. God bless you all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back