OH - Franklin Jude, 29, beaten to death, Columbus, 10 Oct 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The plan was simple: Invite families feuding over problems between their fifth-grade sons to counseling sessions. But that went awry when the two families ran into each other in the parking lot, and yet another fight broke out -- this time between adults.
When it was over, the father of one of the boys was dead, and now a grand jury is investigating.
Police say the father, 29-year-old Franklin Jude, was struck in the face and fell, hitting his head on the pavement. He died five days later and was buried Monday.
"Frank went down on the pavement and smacked his head really, really hard," said Joanie Parsley, the mother of another student at West Broad Elementary School. "Frank didn't even have time to flinch -- that's how fast it was."
The coroner ruled Jude's death a homicide, but no charges have been filed. The case is under investigation, and a grand jury will hear evidence in the next few weeks.
The other man was Grant Reese, 23, the boyfriend of the second boy's mother. Reese insists he was defending himself and gave police his shirt covered with his own blood to prove he was hit.
"As soon as he was hit in the nose, he struck the fellow in the jaw, which caused him to fall over," said Reese's attorney, Steven Larson. "He said it was instantaneous -- 'I got hit, I hit back."' more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,305536,00.html

Since this is how the parents 'settle' things, (putting forth such a WONDERFUL example)... any guess as to how these kids will turn out? :mad:

Wow, what a horrible story. For some reason it reminds me of that book Billy Budd when he kills Claggart with a single blow.

Wow, what a horrible story. For some reason it reminds me of that book Billy Budd when he kills Claggart with a single blow.

Also of a (real) story not too long ago, , Michael Costin killed at his child's ice hockey game...by Thomas Junta...
I think he was a single dad of 3 or either 4 kids...so horribly sad....

This just happened with some youth sport dads in a parking lot. I think there was an argument over lack of parking. One killed the other in a fight, but I believe he was found not guilty because it was self-defense. I don't remember many details, but he is being sued in civil court.

It's no wonder these kids were having problems at school since they had parents like this! What is wrong with people?!

I know it's a law in Texas and maybe even a federal law that a bullied child can get a transfer to another school. If bullying since last year was involved in a crime and poverty riddled neighborhood, more steps should have been taken by that principal to put a stop to it. I'd be willing to bet that the bully was the son of the woman with the killer boyfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back