GUILTY VT - Scott Gilbeau, 30, stabbed to death, Hinesburg, 27 Oct 2007

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
WCAX

A 30-year-old was stabbed repeatedly saturday attempting to help a woman being abused.
Scott passed away this morning.
Here is a link with a video;
WPTZ

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

How very sad. This man placed his own life on the line to save a woman from being abused or killed. He was definitely a good samaritan, and I hope the woman appreciates what he did for her.

I hate when these stories turn out this way....so very sad(insert prayer icon)

This is exactly why people dont want to get involved and help anymore

I feel certain he felt that going to the woman's aid was the right thing to do. May he rest in peace.

amanda... exactly... men are going too crazy these days. makes you want to not get involved. but what a brave man,, because he did anyway. RIP to a true gentleman... and i hope the psycho rots in hell.

How sad. Rest in peace dear Scott:blowkiss:.

Sometimes I become deeply angry when I learn of a good person's life ending needlessly and tragically. I would wish that some evil soul, like Charles Manson could have taken the good person's place.

Instead I will try to do something good for someone today or tomorrow--in Scott's name and in all those name's who have been killed trying to help someone.

Lion

Instead I will try to do something good for someone today or tomorrow--in Scott's name and in all those name's who have been killed trying to help someone.
Lion
Maybe we should all do the same!:clap: :clap: :blowkiss:

Thank you Indy:). Perhaps if we do this, we can help to balance the tragedies. In the meantime we can see what we can do to make a positive difference--a little bit at a time.

I hope you and your baby are doing well:blowkiss:.

Lion

Did anyone see that movie " Pay it Forward " it was about a chain of good deeds started by a little boy? It reminds me of this in a way.. great movie; tear jerker, though.
My prayers for the victim's family.
I hope people still decide to get involved and help those in situations as such. It's not always a life or death situation. We've had cases in our county of suicidal people jumping off bridges (over 180 ft at highest) and a good samaritan would jump off after then. There was one case and they both survived this death defying feat.. The man who jumped to saved the woman was a volunteer firefighter, i believe. If they can survive that.. well god is helping.

Did anyone see that movie " Pay it Forward " it was about a chain of good deeds started by a little boy? It reminds me of this in a way.. great movie; tear jerker, though.
My prayers for the victim's family.
I hope people still decide to get involved and help those in situations as such. It's not always a life or death situation. We've had cases in our county of suicidal people jumping off bridges (over 180 ft at highest) and a good samaritan would jump off after then. There was one case and they both survived this death defying feat.. The man who jumped to saved the woman was a volunteer firefighter, i believe. If they can survive that.. well god is helping.

Yes, I saw that movie. And, I believe in the idea of it. Gosh, I cried at the end, though. And, I cannot watch it again because it saddens me so much.

I also believe in random acts of kindness. I thought that if random acts of violence can shake our society negatively, than perhaps random acts of kindness can have a positive effect. I have been trying to do this when I am able for years. Many times it seems to brighten a person's day and bring out the best in that person. I think that sometimes people then do something nice for someone they don't know or whom they hardly know.

Lion

Pay It Forward should be a MUST SEE for everyone including children in school at a young age. Fostering kindness starts at an early age. (Although, I would probably not show the ending to the school children). Just enough that they get the concept of being kind to other people and how it moves forward to other people.

I know God gave Scott EXTRA angel wings!! My prayers are with his family.

Pay It Forward should be a MUST SEE for everyone including children in school at a young age. Fostering kindness starts at an early age. (Although, I would probably not show the ending to the school children). Just enough that they get the concept of being kind to other people and how it moves forward to other people.

Welcome Littledeer:). We are on the same page I imagine. And, I too believe that dear Scott has extra angel wings.

I did what I said I would do and did a few nice things for a few people and a couple of animals. My heart is smiling today.

Lion

I truly believe when someone lets me onto a very busy highway from a gas station or wherever I am at, it's because of something I had done nice earlier. Or any other nice event that happens during my life.

I truly believe the saying "what goes around, comes around". Which was the concept of "Pay It Forward". People need to get back to the basics of humanity, but unfortunately that is not the world today. Thus, all the senseless killings, etc. etc.

And I fear it is only going to get worse instead of better.

But I will keep doing what I have been, and hopefully others will too, only I am going to make the effort to double up my humanity in Scott's memory.

Sad, but I didn't realize until now that if I had done one good deed I felt satisfied. SHAME ON ME. Reading that Scott had lost his life, has made me realized that I wasn't doing enough.

Sorry if too long.

I LOVE that movie. Kindness is something that children are NOT learning in this day and age, and you can see it in all the inhumane acts being perpetrated on others.

i do not believe in karma... because too many bad things happen to good people and too many good things happen to bad people. there seems to be no logic or consistency. i just believe it's good to do the right thing, because--well, just because it's the right thing to do.. not because it might come back to you. and then if someone does remember your good deed and returns a favor, then, great! but i don't believe 'the universe' makes good things happen to you because you did something good.

however.. good deeds, such as what this man did, can definitely influence us all and set a good example for humanity. and boy do we ever need that right now.

however.. good deeds, such as what this man did, can definitely influence us all and set a good example for humanity.

This is what I believe, too reb. I don't care and I don't think about what may come back to me. Besides good comes instantly when I do something good or right--I feel good:).

Lion

From October 2008:

http://www.wcax.com/story/9204294/killer-cuts-plea-deal

During a hearing this morning, Bash apologized for his actions. He then pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and aggravated assault. He was sentenced to 15-to-30 years in prison. But not everyone is satisfied with that sentence... One cousin compared the sentence to a slap on the wrist...

Bash is not eligible for parole and the corrections department does not award good time anymore, so Bash will serve at least 15 years behind bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back