Operation Christmas Child

imthemom

Reaction score
Operation Christmas Child. This is a great program that our church is particpating in. They pack shoe boxes full of gifts for children around the world. To watch some of these kids get their boxes is so heart warming. These kids having nothing and something like crayons and a dollar doll make them so happy. Please spread the word and make a box of your own. The website where tell you where a local drop off is for you.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Just turned mine in this past Sunday.

I really enjoyed doing it and I packed it FULL. Hope it warms the heart of a little girl somewhere - it already warmed mine!!

What a beautiful idea and a beautiful gift to give to a child, imthemom:blowkiss:. Thank you for sharing this and encouraging us to do this for children in need.

Lion

Our church did this too. It was a lot of fun. I give my kids $10 a piece and we go to the dollar stores.

Our church did this too. It was a lot of fun. I give my kids $10 a piece and we go to the dollar stores.

I loved reading your post! There is nothing more heartwarming to me than a worthy charity that a parent uses to teach and share with their children.

We went to the dollar store too, your money goes a long way there and you can get a lot for them. We had so much fund doing them. I was watching the videos on the link where some of the kids get their boxes. The one in Serbia and the Ukraine are especially heart breaking. One little girl says she can't believe someone who doesn't even know her would give her a present. She is in an orphanage and prays every day to go home. I was just balling. There is so much suffering in the world it is good to see some good happening to these children even if it is just for a day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back