16 or so different stories

armywife210

Reaction score
One of my closest friends lost her daughter, Ally, 3 years ago. My friends husband was deployed to Iraq. They had just purchased this house and my friend was unpacking boxes in their new home. Ally was 3. My friend put Ally to bed after giving her some tylenol (she hadn't been feeling well) and went to work on some more boxes. She was listening to Ally as she unpacked. Ally was singing and talking to her toys.
Now the story has changed multiple times, both and big and small ways. But this is what most likely happened. My friend remembers about 10 minutes of silence and guessed that Ally was asleep. She went in to check on her and she wasn't in bed. She went through the house and out the front door calling her name. She called 911 and walked by the backdoor. She realized that a chair was pushed up against the wall by the backdoor and the backdoor was unlocked. There was a dog barking, but she thought that her dog was inside. As she opened the backdoor she realized that HER dog was barking and in the pool. Her dog was afraid of water. Now all of these details and the ones to come have changed so many times... she remembers being soaked. She remembers giving Ally CPR. She remembers her vomitting. She remembers her coughing and moving very clearly. When the paramedics arrived they pushed my friend out of the room and took over. Later everyone involved said that they were never able to resesitate her, that she had been in the water for about 8 minutes and had passed already. My friend was interrogated heavily. I can't tell you how many different versions of the story she has told me. She has been in therapy since. I just spent most of the day with her today talking about it, and that is what made me want to tell you about it. There are so many events that are all jumbled up. She doesn't know what order they happened in. There are blanks that she keeps trying to fill in. She actually has events from other days weaved into that incident, and she believes they are part of that nights catastrophe. She said it's like having 5 incomplete 5000 piece puzzles all mixed together and trying to put it together. Still to this day she doesn't know what happened that night. But I can tell you one thing, that woman didn't kill her child. Ally was a busy little sweetheart, a wild child, but she was loved as much as any mother could possibly love her child.

A very good post. Once I had a wreck in my truck. I ran onto a sidewalk and ran over a trash can going about 25-35 miles an hour. I could not remember at all the minutes before and what caused me to do this. Later, that night in bed, I realized that something happened to the stirring of my car and I could not stir it so it went on the sidewalk. Even today, years later, I can only see flashes of what happened, and although I truly believe something happened to my truck that caused the wreck, I can not say for 100% certainly that this is exactly what happened, or my memory of the pre-wreck was my imagination.

The mind works in funny ways when something scary happens to us. I am not defending Darlie, just saying that after I told everyone what I remembered about the stirring no one believed me because right after the wreck I could not remember a thing and said so. They thought I had thought up a very good excuse for what happened.

One of my closest friends lost her daughter, Ally, 3 years ago. My friends husband was deployed to Iraq. They had just purchased this house and my friend was unpacking boxes in their new home. Ally was 3. My friend put Ally to bed after giving her some tylenol (she hadn't been feeling well) and went to work on some more boxes. She was listening to Ally as she unpacked. Ally was singing and talking to her toys.
Now the story has changed multiple times, both and big and small ways. But this is what most likely happened. My friend remembers about 10 minutes of silence and guessed that Ally was asleep. She went in to check on her and she wasn't in bed. She went through the house and out the front door calling her name. She called 911 and walked by the backdoor. She realized that a chair was pushed up against the wall by the backdoor and the backdoor was unlocked. There was a dog barking, but she thought that her dog was inside. As she opened the backdoor she realized that HER dog was barking and in the pool. Her dog was afraid of water. Now all of these details and the ones to come have changed so many times... she remembers being soaked. She remembers giving Ally CPR. She remembers her vomitting. She remembers her coughing and moving very clearly. When the paramedics arrived they pushed my friend out of the room and took over. Later everyone involved said that they were never able to resesitate her, that she had been in the water for about 8 minutes and had passed already. My friend was interrogated heavily. I can't tell you how many different versions of the story she has told me. She has been in therapy since. I just spent most of the day with her today talking about it, and that is what made me want to tell you about it. There are so many events that are all jumbled up. She doesn't know what order they happened in. There are blanks that she keeps trying to fill in. She actually has events from other days weaved into that incident, and she believes they are part of that nights catastrophe. She said it's like having 5 incomplete 5000 piece puzzles all mixed together and trying to put it together. Still to this day she doesn't know what happened that night. But I can tell you one thing, that woman didn't kill her child. Ally was a busy little sweetheart, a wild child, but she was loved as much as any mother could possibly love her child.

I can totally see how you can get mixed up and leave things out and remember other things later and then get confused especially when you are not in a situation that you don't care about this or that happening first just that your focus is somewhere else or when it is an adrenalin pumping situation and you are going on auto pilot. It was not just the different versions that led to darlie's demise if that were the case I would have my doubts too. there are so many other details that caused her conviction that even without her many versions of the story she would have gone down easily.

I think Darlie was found guilty by the evidence, not by her changing stories and that graveyard tape.

What a sad, heart-wrenching story!

Darlie's changing stories, silly string stupidity and demeanor throughout is not what convinced me that she killed those 2 little boys. It was the evidence. The fingerprints on the knife, Damon being attacked in two different spots, the bloody imprint of the knife in the white carpet, the washed away blood at the sink area, the tiny handprint...... Darlie's blood - where it was found and NOT found. Until the transcripts became available I was on the fence. But after reading those documents I came to the sad conclusion that those 2 little boys were killed by their very own mother. Makes me sick to think that Damon knew who was hurting him.

:clap:

quote=whitywendy;1769215]Darlie's changing stories, silly string stupidity and demeanor throughout is not what convinced me that she killed those 2 little boys. It was the evidence. The fingerprints on the knife, Damon being attacked in two different spots, the bloody imprint of the knife in the white carpet, the washed away blood at the sink area, the tiny handprint...... Darlie's blood - where it was found and NOT found. Until the transcripts became available I was on the fence. But after reading those documents I came to the sad conclusion that those 2 little boys were killed by their very own mother. Makes me sick to think that Damon knew who was hurting him.[/quote]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back