1125 users online (232 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pa. hunter's images stir Bigfoot debate

RIDGWAY, Pa. - It's furry and walks on all fours. Beyond that, about the only thing certain about the critter photographed by a hunter's camera is that some people have gotten the notion it could be a Sasquatch, or bigfoot. Others say it's just a bear with a bad skin infection.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071028/..._bigfoot_in_pa

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I've been looking at these pictures for several days now, and I don't think it's a bear--mangy or not. (However, I do have to admit that I have never seen a bear nekkid, so it could be one.)
    I think it looks like someone was keeping some type of monkey/gorilla/orangutan as a pet, it got too big, and they just turned it loose! It happens with gators, exotic fish, and (gulp) snakes all the time. I can't imagine how it hooked up with bears though, that confuses me.
    I don't go for the sasquatch angle because none of them have ever been hit on the road. Maybe that sounds stupid, but I have seen everything dead alongside the road. One year while we were on vacation, we passed a dead carcass, and I thought WTH for about 2 miles. Then I spoke up: "Did anyone else see a dead monkey by the side of the road about 2 miles back?" My parents just howled with laughter because they'd both seen it too, but had thought they were losing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I've been looking at these pictures for several days now, and I don't think it's a bear--mangy or not. (However, I do have to admit that I have never seen a bear nekkid, so it could be one.)
    I think it looks like someone was keeping some type of monkey/gorilla/orangutan as a pet, it got too big, and they just turned it loose! It happens with gators, exotic fish, and (gulp) snakes all the time. I can't imagine how it hooked up with bears though, that confuses me.
    I don't go for the sasquatch angle because none of them have ever been hit on the road. Maybe that sounds stupid, but I have seen everything dead alongside the road. One year while we were on vacation, we passed a dead carcass, and I thought WTH for about 2 miles. Then I spoke up: "Did anyone else see a dead monkey by the side of the road about 2 miles back?" My parents just howled with laughter because they'd both seen it too, but had thought they were losing it!
    It doesn't look like a bear at all to me, either. Looks very humanoid.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Someone give me a link to the pictures! I saw this "news" a few days ago, but haven't found a site with the pictures. When I tried the bigfoot site, I got a server busy message. Thanks!

I am 100% certain that it is a bear. Some of the images online are cropped so that only the "creature" is visible. Others show the complete scence which includes ......2 other bears!!! When you see all three bears together, it is plain as day that the one - probably the mom - is just skinny and mangy. The other two are fluffier.

There is another site that has a very clear photo of a mangy bear for comparison. It is surprisingly monkey-ish. I have to go to work, but I'll check back later and see if I can find them. The one site has "crypto" in the url if you want to try to find it. There is an article that is titled "Sometimes a mangy bear is just a mangy bear".

Thanks, luthersmama. I saw one picture a few days ago, but it wouldn't enlarge. It looked like someone in a bad costume bent over doing something.

My first thought was a bear with a skin condition and I still think that's the case. I didn't see the other pictures with the three bears (LOL).

Or maybe it's just because ever since I was a kid I'd had a Bigfoot phobia. I refuse to believe he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    My first thought was a bear with a skin condition and I still think that's the case. I didn't see the other pictures with the three bears (LOL).

Or maybe it's just because ever since I was a kid I'd had a Bigfoot phobia. I refuse to believe he exists.

Lizzy I don't know that would so much be considered a phobia or just good old common sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post

LOL. Your roadkill reasoning makes perfect sense! It doesn't look like a bear to me, either, but I all I know about bears is that I don't want to meet one.

what's funny,, is how come you never, ever, EVER see a clear image of bigfoot, nessie, a ghost, a UFO, etc.. & all those other anomolies caught on camera.. it's always just a fleeting, blurry, vague and very 'mysterious' image... LOL.... i vote for 'guy in a costume' photographed by someone who is need of some attention (and possibly hoping for some dough!)

Here is a link to a photo of a black bear in Florida with mange:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo...acobs-cryptid/

Doesn't look much like a bear, does it?

And here's a link to a bigfoot page that shows the uncropped photos with the bear cubs. They still insist, though, that the "creature" is a juvenile bigfoot. Right.

http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp

BTW, if you look through the Cryptomundo site, you will see where someone has overlaid bear bones on the "creature" and it shows that the typical proportions of bear bones fit the creature perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    what's funny,, is how come you never, ever, EVER see a clear image of bigfoot, nessie, a ghost, a UFO, etc.. & all those other anomolies caught on camera.. it's always just a fleeting, blurry, vague and very 'mysterious' image... LOL.... i vote for 'guy in a costume' photographed by someone who is need of some attention (and possibly hoping for some dough!)
    Exactly, reb!!!

Thanks for directing us to the whole truth, Luthersmama.

Even without seeing the other bears in the picture, I thought it looked like a very malnourished bear. Definitely nothing primate.

It is too bad that there are people who will misrepresent information just to get attention or to "prove" a point.

Poor bear. It needs some good food and a safe place to raise its young.

oh so it's really a malnourished bear...?? how awfully sad!!! something tells me we are going to be seeing more and more starving wildlife in the future,, thanks to what humans have done. i hope people (not just us, everyone whose debating the pic) will stop talking about the silly 'bigfoot' nonsense and will discuss what is really going on in the picture. but of course,, most people don't seem to care.. it seems most view wildlife as something that's 'in the way' of progress......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast