GUILTY PA - Officer Chuck Cassidy, 54, shot to death, Philadelphia, 31 Oct 2007

opme

Reaction score
Breaking news................

An apparent robbery in the West Oak Lane section of the city Wednesday. The officer was the third cop shot in four days in the City of Brotherly Love.
Authorities said the officer was wounded near 66th Avenue and Broad Street just before 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said the officer unknowingly walked into a robbery in progress at Dunkin' Donuts.
The suspect shot the officer in the head, stealing his gun before fleeing the scene. The unidentified officer was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
Johnson said the officer was admitted to emergency surgery as the bullet passed through his brain.

According to CBS 3 Investigative Reporter Walt Hunter, the manhunt was the largest in the department's history.
Police are reviewing surveillance footage from the store which apparently caught the incident on tape.
The suspect is described as a heavyset African American male, approximately 6 ft. tall wearing a dark hoodie, tan khaki pants and has a tattoo of a spider on his left hand

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Philadelphia.Police.Shooting.2.479216.html

Both fox news and CBS 2 are coving with live feeds of the manhunt..

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/01/officers.shot.ap/index.html

This is such a senseless, brutal crime. The perp is an extremely dangerous individual (see video). Hopefully someone will recognize him so he can be permanently removed from society.....quickly!!

God bless Officer Cassidy and his family. May he rest in peace.

cry.gif

The reward is up to $115,000 and money is still coming in towards the reward.

Officer Cassidy leaves a wife of 18 years and 3 children. The 2 oldest are in college and the youngest still in high school.

The manhunt is still under way with the following description of the subject:
"they are looking for a Ford Crown Victoria in connection with the shooting. They are searching for a black man, about 5'11" and roughly 20 years old. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, tan khaki pants and tan or white boots. He is heavy-set according to investigators. They have now said that he has a spider tattoo on his left hand. "

He may have committed a robbery in the same store a few weeks ago.. it was with out injuries.

A "man" that shot a Philadelphia police officer in cold blood last week has been finally found in Miami. This won't ever stop the wrenching heartache that Officer Chuck Cassidy's family is feeling, but we all breathed a sigh of relief. Officer Cassidy is being buried tomorrow. Ironically our very excellent ex-police commish Timmoney is now the commish down in Miami. Prayers for Officer Cassidy's family are appreciated and all good vibes most welcome to be sent their way. http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5745542

This baby faced cop killer is now sorry. That is no consolation to Officer Cassidy's family. I wish they could lock up this guys entire family. His grandmom had the nerve to speak on TV saying "Jordan turn yourself in. We are worried about you". When the entire time she knew where he went. He also left the murder weapon PLUS the slain police officers firearm at his cousins home. Clever this murderer is not. He could have went to some place like NOLA and blended in. No, he picks Miami and goes to a shelter. Today Officer Cassidy will be buried. Leaving a wife and three children.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/top_story/20071107_MIAMI_VISE.html

It's only been two weeks since Officer Cassidy was buried and we have two more Philly cops shot. Thank goodness they aren't life threatening injuries. Both cops left the hospital last night and want to get back to work. Lending support was a young officer shot in the face weeks ago. Colomom,and Ope thank you for recognizing our Officers. It's like I live in the O.K. Corall. We used to have only one section called 'The Badlands". Now it's all over.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20071114_2_more_cops_hit_by_gunfire.html
Now local news are giving different accounts as to if the Officers have left the hospital yet?

It's only been two weeks since Officer Cassidy was buried and we have two more Philly cops shot. Thank goodness they aren't life threatening injuries. Both cops left the hospital last night and want to get back to work. Lending support was a young officer shot in the face weeks ago. Colomom,and Ope thank you for recognizing our Officers. It's like I live in the O.K. Corall. We used to have only one section called 'The Badlands". Now it's all over.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20071114_2_more_cops_hit_by_gunfire.html
Now local news are giving different accounts as to if the Officers have left the hospital yet?

The sad and frightening aspect of this is that the streets of philadelphia are quickly becoming a free for all with no respect for the law or its representatives ( ie police)... it has become the wild west but in an urban setting. The worst part of this latest shooting is that they are holding a 16 year old.. I honestly dont know what mayor elect Nutter is going to do to change this current violence but something needs to be done asap. (it is unfortunate having a name like Nutter...LOL)

The sad and frightening aspect of this is that the streets of philadelphia are quickly becoming a free for all with no respect for the law or its representatives ( ie police)... it has become the wild west but in an urban setting. The worst part of this latest shooting is that they are holding a 16 year old.. I honestly dont know what mayor elect Nutter is going to do to change this current violence but something needs to be done asap. (it is unfortunate having a name like Nutter...LOL)
You're right, the Mayor will have a huge task in front of him. Clearly Center City is being transformed but the outerlying neighborhoods need attention.

I don't want to be hurtful to anyone, but it seems to me a great deal of the trouble is a lack of community and family "oneness". Where are the nurturing and caring adults!?!

Hey, fellow East Coast, hometown, Websluethers. OPE, yeah Nutter I thought that was my name. LOL We have to laugh to keep from crying. The Mayor elect gave a harsh warning and one of my co-workers said "Yeah that'll work". We'll see who he gets for his Commish. Glad the Officers are O.K. I have family on the force and friends and most frightening is some of their kids have recently gotten on. Nice to meet you two, but I wish under better circumstances.

We got some real scum in Philly. In two seperate incidents thieves stole collection jars for recently slain Police Officer Chuck Cassidy. To make matters worse one jar was stolen from the Dunkin Doughnuts store that the officer was killed in. http://www.nbc10.com/news/14821902/detail.html

My very dear Filly,
That is just nasty!
I am disgusted by the story.
I am at a loss for words here Filly.
Thank-you for posting this thread.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Isn't it awful, DS? As if Officer Cassidy's family don't have enough problems they need somebody stealing donations? I have great respect for our Police Officers here. That's no easy job. Hopefully they'll catch the creeps.

How low can you go.....what lowlives..hopefully Karma will bite them hard.

That is just sickening. Didn't anyone see who took the money? I would think that the jar would have been kept up by the cash register. It is just unbelievable how low some people will go. Probably some junkies after their next fix! I hope someone rats on them.

Usually they have cameras facing the registers and i'd guess that is where the donation jar would be, i wonder if they got anyone on tape..

:furious: Whats wrong with people that they have to be a bunch of dirt bags !!!!

I just cant believe some of the stuff I read that people do:furious:

Usually they have cameras facing the registers and i'd guess that is where the donation jar would be, i wonder if they got anyone on tape..

They got a man and woman for the one theft. Now they have to find the guy stole the donations out of the very store where the officer was murdered. It was in today's paper the names of the lovely citizens who cut the wire which held the donation jar. Said they milled around for quite sometime in the store. Oh, the cops are so not going to take kindly to these two 's.

From November 2009:

http://articles.philly.com/2009-11-...forewoman-formal-sentencing-philadelphia-jury

John "Jordan" Lewis - the baby-faced high school dropout whose six-week career as an armed robber ended with the Halloween 2007 slaying of Police Officer Chuck Cassidy - was sentenced to death yesterday by a Philadelphia jury.

The Common Pleas Court jury of eight women and four men deliberated for less than an hour over lunch before deciding that Lewis, 23, should be killed by lethal injection...

During the first day of the trial on Nov. 12, Lewis pleaded guilty to a general charge of murder and six armed robberies, leaving to the jury the tasks of deciding the degree of murder and whether he should live or die.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back