ID - Brandon McAdoo, 15 mos, shaken to death, Coeur d’Alene, 14 Jan 2005

imthemom

Reaction score
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho — A child killer who lost his legs in a suicide attempt is suing the state prison system for $1 million after being denied artificial legs in prison, saying he was promised prosthetics in plea negotiations.
According to the case filed recently in U.S. District Court, Barry L. McAdoo, 32, of Coeur d'Alene, is experiencing muscle degeneration and may never walk again if he remains confined to a wheelchair.
Named as defendants are the Idaho Department of Correction and Correctional Medical Services, a contractor that whether a procedure or device is medically necessary.
The state agency received the lawsuit Monday and was investigating, spokesman Jeff Ray said.
"We don't have any comment on Mr. McAdoo's claims at this time," Ray said Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306960,00.html

Unbelievable is all I can say. I hope his muscles waste away to nothing.:doh:

I see nothing wrong with him slithering on his belly like a snake to get around. I wouldn't even let him have the wheelchair.

Aw, poor legless man. :sick:

If he wins anything it should go directly to the family of the child he killed.

This is from a cached site...tells how he lost his legs in the first place:
McAdoo Makes Court Appearance In Child Death

A Coeur d'Alene man accused of killing his 15-month-old son will face a first-degree murder charge.

Wednesday afternoon, a judge determined there is enough evidence against Barry McAdoo to warrant that charge.

A doctor testified that 15-month-old Brandon McAdoo was the apparent victim of shaken-baby syndrome. The baby's mother, Angela Cowles, testified that McAdoo would not let her get medical attention for their son until he stopped breathing.

The court date for McAdoo's arraignment has not yet been set. At that time, he will plead either guilty or not guilty to the charges.

McAdoo had both legs amputated due to frostbite after police say he hid from them in the woods to avoid being arrested.

I think he should get his legs...... when the mother of the dead child agrees to let him. Fair is fair. He held her off from medical attention until the child was dead. She can hold him off from medical treatment until he is dead.

My basic rule - no prisoner should have any more than the poorest law abiding American - and since some of them don't have the insurance or money for legs, he doesn't get them until all of our poor who need the help, have it.

I think he should get his legs...... when the mother of the dead child agrees to let him. Fair is fair. He held her off from medical attention until the child was dead. She can hold him off from medical treatment until he is dead.

My basic rule - no prisoner should have any more than the poorest law abiding American - and since some of them don't have the insurance or money for legs, he doesn't get them until all of our poor who need the help, have it.

Agreed 100%. That is fair.

Behavior = consequences

Kill son = hide from police in freezing weather = frostbitten legs = amputation = live with it!!!

This makes sense to me!

This seems very reasonable to me.

Well we know for sure his son will never walk again...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back