686 users online (128 members and 558 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Anything New?????

Have not been on lately. Seems that there is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthin4fun View Post
    Have not been on lately. Seems that there is nothing new.
    My thoughts too sleuthin4fun, I havent been posting much as there is nothing more to tell. Just praying we hear something about Madelaine soon.

No news isn't good news in this case.

I hope the truth comes out.

Nothing new....in fact, Gerry said:

"Everything that we could have done personally, I think we have done. We've got an infrastructure and support system behind us now.

"And to be honest, unless Madeleine is found we're not expecting any developments in the near future."

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7072531.stm)

Well I guess that is than then....I can get back to my "real" life now.

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Nothing new....in fact, Gerry said:

"Everything that we could have done personally, I think we have done. We've got an infrastructure and support system behind us now.

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7072531.stm)

Well I guess that is than then....I can get back to my "real" life now.

Yep, Gerry, you got the funds behind you now - you did mean money, didn't you?

Nothing says "give up" more than what Gerry said. If they really believe Madeleine is alive, these are odd words.

I'm furious! What a thing to say, after the investigator with the greatest reputation in Spain has said he will find Maddie in 5 months, or before the contract is up.

What the heck! Stupid man! Stupid man! Stupid man!

Salem

Gerry certainly does have a way with words.

I'm impressed that Gerry said the family wants to get back to some kind of normalcy.

Gerry has mentioned (and I think Kate as well?) that they have been receiving counseling services. It is odd that he keeps talking about "normalcy" because one of the things that counselors emphasize is that things are never going to feel "normal" again. Worth living and rewarding, but the same "normal" is something therapists make clear is not going to happen. I have some experience with this from work with at-risk students. It is certainly something that counselors work on from day one with their clients.

So why does Gerry insist that it is possible at all?

Is it arrogance or naivety? I would love to know what he means by "some" normalcy. Does he mean press only when he wants them there? Or no press at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I'm impressed that Gerry said the family wants to get back to some kind of normalcy.

Gerry has mentioned (and I think Kate as well?) that they have been receiving counseling services. It is odd that he keeps talking about "normalcy" because one of the things that counselors emphasize is that things are never going to feel "normal" again. Worth living and rewarding, but the same "normal" is something therapists make clear is not going to happen. I have some experience with this from work with at-risk students. It is certainly something that counselors work on from day one with their clients.

Is it arrogance or naivety? I would love to know what he means by "some" normalcy. Does he mean press only when he wants them there? Or no press at all?
    Texana with all due respect you really have no idea what the counsellors are telling Kate and Gerry, having "some experience" does not equal actually being a counsellor and even if it did, you don't know what K and G's particular counsellors are saying to them.

I would imagine by "normalcy" he might mean stop being hounded by the press, returning to work, rebuilding their lives and picking up the pieces and trying to move on.
    What else can they do?
    And why is that so hard to understand?

As a grandmother of an at risk student who is in Community in Schools and working with a counselor, I'd like to say thanks for your work. Kate and Gerry sure seem determined to live their lives on some type of schedule or something to live their lives in some exact way that has the most benefits to them in any given circumstance.

Is it arrogance or naivety?
    Idiocy, in my opinion. I cannot believe these people are doctors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Madeleine DNA bombshell: 'New results put Gerry and Kate back in the frame'

Last updated at 12:30pm on 2nd November 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Desertpea View Post
    Texana with all due respect you really have no idea what the counsellors are telling Kate and Gerry, having "some experience" does not equal actually being a counsellor and even if it did, you don't know what K and G's particular counsellors are saying to them.
    With the same due respect, you have no idea the extent of Texana's "some experience"
    I would imagine by "normalcy" he might mean stop being hounded by the press, returning to work, rebuilding their lives and picking up the pieces and trying to move on.
    What else can they do?
    And why is that so hard to understand?
    How would counseling stop the press? Which, by the way they instigated.

Gerry is not so depressed he can't function, so returning to work simply means it's time to pay the bills, imo. Kate too seems to function rather fine, too.

If they are actaully recieving grief counseling I think arrogance is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Madeleine DNA bombshell: 'New results put Gerry and Kate back in the frame' Last updated at 12:30pm on 2nd November 2007
    Maybe Gerry's comments are relevant. It appears there are new developments.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast