I might believe them except....

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks to the Mirror board posters, and a couple that I remembered, I realized that leaving the babies alone and unprotected is only a very small part of why I have a problem with Gerry and Kate McCann and believing them when they say they had nothing to do with Madeleine's vanishing.

I am suspicious because:

They left 2 and 3 year-old children alone in a strange environment AT NIGHT, with doors unlocked, in a foreign country!

Upon discovering Madeleine missing, and being immediately convinced she had been kidnapped, Kate leaves the sleeping twins, ALONE, in the same apartment, to run back to the Tapas bar, even though she and Gerry had cell phones.

Even though they were convinced of being "watched" while at the Ocean Club and then after the 'abduction' of Madeleine, they left their two other children, in the same town, in the same resort, in the same creche, and flew off to Europe.

The Find Madeleine Campaign Fund paid a couple of the mortgage payments while they were trotting around Europe and the USA learning about 'missing persons' agencies and their methods!

Instead of calling the Police on the night of May 3rd...they and their pals wasted precious time scouring the apartment looking for Maddy in the cupboards EVEN THOUGH THEY INSISTED that she was abducted!

Instead of asking for all relevant info about sightings to be checked a.s.a.p. they prefered to have it filtered back to the 'relevant authorities' and not be 'bothered with it' and went to Spain for a TV interview instead!

Gerry was the last person to say that he saw Madeleine alive and well in 5A!

Instead of focusing on Madeleine in the blog, they just give us constant, apparently useless info about their daily routine, and how 'things are getting back to normal again'....albeit without Madeleline!

They swore they would never leave Portugal without Madeleine, and yet, as soon as they were made Arguido they hopped onto the first plane out and didn't even bother to inform the Police until they had reached the UK!

Rather than being out knocking on doors of locals, asking them if they'd seen anything in the past few days (May 5th-8th) , Gerry booked himself a tennis lesson, leaving Kate alone with the twins!

As soon as they were asked in public by the media if they had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance, they immediately cease their European junket style campaign tour and hightail it back to Luz!

Gerry's twitching and ear scratching body language when asked about you know what.

Instead of using an up-to-date photo of Madeleine for the Campaign....the 'LOOK' for Madeleine campaign.....they've used older pictures, when she is much YOUNGER, so the 'find' part of the campaign will be much more difficult!

On that fateful night Gerry thought how beautiful his children were and how lucky he was to have them, and then felt that someone was hiding in the room but then he returned to his meal anyway.

How they changed their tune regarding the shutters being jemmied and about locking the front door THAT night.

They said they would do 'everything in their power' to assist the PJ, yet when questioned they failed to answer some, or all, of the 40 questions relating to MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE, and thus it was agreed between their lawyer and themselves and the PJ, that they should became 'Arguido'!

They turned down the GBP10.00 babysitting service on the night of May 3rd, because they said they didn't want to 'leave the kids with a stranger'...ALTHOUGH the so-called stranger would have IN FACT been ONE OF THE NANNYS that looked after the kids at the creche during the day, already aquainted with Madeleine!

Gerry said he couldn't even 'contemplate returning to work knowing Madeleine is still missing', yet now, he's saying that he's returning after ensuring 'others' will keep up their efforts, not expecting 'any breakthrough' unless Madeleine is found.

Gerry's premium rate chatline to 'find' his daughter.

They are charging 10p to download a copy of a find Madeleine poster! If they really want people to find their daughter, these posters should be free and then when someone asked Gerry's sister, Philomena, about how the funds were being used, they were told "tough, if you don't like it, don't donate".

Despite a £2.5 million reward being offered there has been no credible sighting or information about the so called "abduction". No one connected with the faceless zombie abductor (with the nice shoes), the arab kiddy smuggling gangs or the portuguesse paedophile gangs, have come forward to try to claim the reward by giving information. This is one of the best incentives to gain information and you hardly hear anyone, if at all, from Team McCann mention this massive reward.

The findings of the fine, professional, expertly trained, BRITISH cadaver dogs (Eddie and Keela).

More from the Mirror board: http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24855&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I am sure we can come up with a few more.....

This mirror board is a wealth of information isn't it ;)

I didn't know Philamena was Gerrys sister, I am so not up on this case :doh:

Wonderful post Colomom, well summed up! I would just add the famous "They've taken her! They,ve taken her!" Who's taken her & who did they take there were two girls in that apartment.

and:

Slip ups like Gerry's today:

"Kate and I always said, WHEN THINGS....IF it ever gets to six months."

Well, Colomom, very good job summarizing all that. And when the facts are all in one spot like that it's pretty obvious (to me, anyway) that K and G have done a real slick, bang-up job confusing all but a few of us. And I still believe they're guilty as H$LL.

BTW, take another look at their "family" photo - the one on G's website (KG, twins and Madeleine). Notice how K and G each have one of the twins in their lap. Yet it seems to me that Maddie was included almost as an afterthought. If she had been any further away from them, she would have been out of the picture entirely. I don't know why, but this has been bugging me lately (should probably put this on it's own thread :banghead:) as though that photo is symbolic of their real relationship with Maddie.

Colomom, nice summary of all the things that I agree, made me think "what?" with the McCanns.

Did Gerry really book a tennis lesson anywhere during the days of May 5th-8th? If he even so much as showed up, whether he had anything to do with the actual disappearance of Madeleine, no one should spend one second pitying him.

Good job Colomom - here's a couple more:

1. Kate called Skynews before the police were called.
2. Very early in the game, Kate said the media was the hardest thing for her - this just stunned me.
3. Ocean Club staff advised the McCann's not to leave their children alone.
4. Maddie cried and cried a night or two before May 3rd for her father when she was left alone and yet they left her alone again.
5. O'Brien's child was vomiting - and they left her alone.
6. They are desperately sorry they were not with Maddie the "moment she was taken."
7. Kate is confident that "Maddie was satisfied with her life."
8. K&G were ever so upset over the search caused by the Dutch psychic.
9. Gerry has said "find the body and prove we did it." (Only guilty people say things like this, IMO).
7. Maddie's website is more about making money then finding Maddie. If you want a good poster of her, you must buy a wristband and pay a little extra for the poster. Who does this???????

I'm sure there is more, but I'm out of time for the moment, not to mention that all of these things make my blood boil. I just want to shake those two!

Salem

9. Gerry has said "find the body and prove we did it." (Only guilty people say things like this, IMO).

IMO this does not make Gerry guilty.

It's the truth, find the body and prove they did it- for two people who had less than or just over an hour to clean up the room and find a storing place for the body, they really had to be more than doctors they'd have to be miracle workers.

It's my opinion that a parent that was guiltless, would not offer such a challenge to the police. They would say things like: we didn't do it, we will take a lie detector test, we miss our child, we didn't do it, why can't you find her? Good Lord, please bring her home!

Not: Prove we did it - find the body and prove we did it.

Just my opinion. I do understand that the media could have printed the whole thing out of context, and if that is what happened, they sure didn't do the McCanns any favors.

Salem

IMO this does not make Gerry guilty.

It's the truth, find the body and prove they did it- for two people who had less than or just over an hour to clean up the room and find a storing place for the body, they really had to be more than doctors they'd have to be miracle workers.

Hour??? What hour???

The established timeline is between 6:00PM (when the children were picked up from the creche, supposedly) and 10:00 PM when Kate raised the alarm.

I count 4 hours....how do you figure less than or just over an hour??

Even though they were convinced of being "watched" while at the Ocean Club and then after the 'abduction' of Madeleine, they left their two other children, in the same town, in the same resort, in the same creche, and flew off to Europe.

I didn't think they went anywhere without the twins, they were put in the creche in the morning and picked up in the afternoon after Madeleine went missing, did I miss something?

Hour??? What hour???

The established timeline is between 6:00PM (when the children were picked up from the creche, supposedly) and 10:00 PM when Kate raised the alarm.

I count 4 hours....how do you figure less than or just over an hour??

Last checked at 9 pm or thereabouts, so I thought.

I didn't think they went anywhere without the twins, they were put in the creche in the morning and picked up in the afternoon after Madeleine went missing, did I miss something?

Yes, when they went to see the Pope they left the twins entirely behind.

You have to wonder at the trust they still had in the resort employees and the creche, given that their older daughter was abducted from that location. Would you trust anyone but perhaps yourselves and family members to be with the children?

Last checked at 9 pm or thereabouts, so I thought.

Checked by whom? Matthew Oldfield? Listening at the window? Or Gerry, who reportedly said that Maddie was not in her bed....might have been in the parents room since the twins might have disturbed her sleep, but did not bother to check, OR when he looked in on the children and felt proud to be their father, then thought someone might be hiding in the apartment and still left them to return to the Tapas bar?

Sorry, but the stories are starting to become a tangled web....

Even if it was 4 hours, her last being seen at 6pm, how did G and K manage to get rid of body and clean room up while they are reportedly at the Tapas bar?
That they were both there having dinner (or getting drunk take your pick)is not up for dispute.

Even if it was 4 hours, her last being seen at 6pm, how did G and K manage to get rid of body and clean room up while they are reportedly at the Tapas bar?
That they were both there having dinner (or getting drunk take your pick)is not up for dispute.

The theories thread has alot of possibilities to consider. Plus Russell O'Brien has been reported to have been away from the table between approximately 9:00 and 9:30. The sick daughter excuse? There are questions about that. Gerry was not at the table the entire time either. The time is there, it is entirely possible, IMO.

The theories thread has alot of possibilities to consider. Plus Russell O'Brien has been reported to have been away from the table between approximately 9:00 and 9:30. The sick daughter excuse? There are questions about that. Gerry was not at the table the entire time either. The time is there, it is entirely possible, IMO.

But he was there, to do all that was required he would have had to have been gone all night.

I don't buy into the Tapas 9 involvement theory.

But he was there, to do all that was required he would have had to have been gone all night.

I don't buy into the Tapas 9 involvement theory.

Again, the theories thread has many scenarios that are entirely possible. All that R O'B would need to be involved for would be to move a body, from say, 5A to the second apartment that the cadaver dogs alerted to (we still don't know who's apartment that was). I have never thought that anyone else was involved other than Kate and Gerry (search my posts for my scenarios) but, it is possible that one or more of the Tapas 7 helped.

Yes, when they went to see the Pope they left the twins entirely behind.

You have to wonder at the trust they still had in the resort employees and the creche, given that their older daughter was abducted from that location. Would you trust anyone but perhaps yourselves and family members to be with the children?

Thanks Texana, I remember now.

It did seem trusting but I guess they did what they thought they had to do.

It's not what I would have done but then I would have never left those kids alone to start with but one would have to assume the opportunity wouldn't be there for anyone to take the twins after Madeleine went missing.

Entertaining those twins in the days immediately afterwards must have been very hard for K and G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy