VT - Laurie Bragdon, 45, dies in road rage incident, St Johnsbury, 31 Oct 2007

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
It will decided in a week if there are going to be charges filed against the trucker.
When asked why her mother was so upset over the truck passing on the right, her daughter stated that her mother was hit when she was younger and was in a coma for 9 days. Laurie Bragdon pulled into a parking lot where the truck was after the truck passed her. Laurie's daughter was driving the car. Laurie stood in front of the truck while her daughter went to get a police officer. The trucker said that he did not see her in front of the truck when he pulled away. Laurie's daughter came back to see her mother under the truck.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

WCAX

Police probe continues on woman hit by truck

OMG! That is insane and proved to be deadly.
Why didn't she hit 911 on her cell phone and report the incident?

OMG! That is insane and proved to be deadly.
Why didn't she hit 911 on her cell phone and report the incident?
My dearest Philamena,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
It is a pleasure to see you.

It is not known at the moment if the mother and daughter had a cell phone. The daughter went to get help at the parking lot. When the daughter returned to where the truck was, she saw her mother under the truck being dragged.

Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

My dearest Philamena,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
It is a pleasure to see you.

It is not known at the moment if the mother and daughter had a cell phone. The daughter went to get help at the parking lot. When the daughter returned to where the truck was, she saw her mother under the truck being dragged.

Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Hello dear one, :blowkiss:
As always it's a pleasure to see you. Thanks for the information about the cell phone. Poor girl, seeing her mother like that. ;(

This is so sad. That poor woman. It's terrifying that her daughter had to come back and find her mom that way.

This is horrible, that trucker needs to be charged with murder; if not manslaughter. If the mother was standing in front of him so he would not leave while the daughter went to get police, and he plowed her over then that is obviously murder. Sick people.. My prayers for the family, especially the daughter to get through this, i can only imagine the trauma with seeing her poor mother on the ground..

This is horrible, that trucker needs to be charged with murder; if not manslaughter. If the mother was standing in front of him so he would not leave while the daughter went to get police, and he plowed her over then that is obviously murder. Sick people.. My prayers for the family, especially the daughter to get through this, i can only imagine the trauma with seeing her poor mother on the ground..

This is NOT going to be a popular view but....
The mom followed HIM into the stop area and it seems she was the one with the rage...
I am not saying that it was ok for her to be run over.... but... why was she in front of his truck??
She had no right to detain anyone.
It just seems to me that he was not the one with the rage.
Maybe he really did not know she was in front of the truck??
Her daughter admitted that she had some issue with people passing on the right...

This is NOT going to be a popular view but....
The mom followed HIM into the stop area and it seems she was the one with the rage...
I am not saying that it was ok for her to be run over.... but... why was she in front of his truck??
She had no right to detain anyone.
It just seems to me that he was not the one with the rage.
Maybe he really did not know she was in front of the truck??
Her daughter admitted that she had some issue with people passing on the right...

I have to agree with you. I read the article and it stated the woman didn't "like his driving"... well, I don't like other people's driving and I don't try to "detain" them.

As for running her over, he could very well not have seen her. If his truck is high enough, or maybe he was even distracted while pulling out.

She was in a coma for 9 days after being hit by a truck as a child. Honestly, if i were the trucker and she was trying to detain me for something so minor, i would tear out of there and not look either. They say pedestrians have the right of way. I'm not so sure i think this was an accident. The trucker would be pissed since she was trying to detain him and start drama for some trauma she had when she was a child. The sad part of this whole story is that her daughter witnessed this, and now she will be traumatized. There's some kind of weird irony..

Evidence collected in truck death
There are comments to the right of the article when you are on the page.

Thank-you everyone for your posts.

My very very dearest Amrraan,:blowkiss:
I always hold your thoughts dear in my heart, always. My son and I talked about this and he said that there would be no way in hell that he would have allowed me to follow anyone for a second, let alone that many miles to confront anyone. (not that I would ever do that, he was just saying that as an example) He did say that the daughter said that the truck was speeding so therefore, they were speeding also.
He also said that she had the info for the police and she had no reason to block the trucker. The daughter left her mother in her vehicle to call police. My son said that the daughter knew the mother was distraught during the car ride and during the confrontation with the trucker so the daughter should not have left. The info could have been given to police without a confrontation.

I want to thank-you so much for your post. You and my son had me see things in a different light.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Evidence collected in truck death
There are comments to the right of the article when you are on the page.

Thank-you everyone for your posts.

My very very dearest Amrraan,:blowkiss:
I always hold your thoughts dear in my heart, always. My son and I talked about this and he said that there would be no way in hell that he would have allowed me to follow anyone for a second, let alone that many miles to confront anyone. (not that I would ever do that, he was just saying that as an example) He did say that the daughter said that the truck was speeding so therefore, they were speeding also.
He also said that she had the info for the police and she had no reason to block the trucker. The daughter left her mother in her vehicle to call police. My son said that the daughter knew the mother was distraught during the car ride and during the confrontation with the trucker so the daughter should not have left. The info could have been given to police without a confrontation.

I want to thank-you so much for your post. You and my son had me see things in a different light.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

DS

It is the trucker's absolute responsibility to check for any persons in his path before he moves his vehicle. It seems this woman was standing in front of his truck to detain him, which is her right in a citizen's arrest. He knew it and just ran over her in cold blood. The fact that she's off kilter about passing rules and doesn't use the greatest judgement in handling road situations doesn't give the driver the right to run over and kill her. Is his time so important that a cop can't sort it out? Is a little of his time worth a human life??

Crypto6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back