Imus lands new radio gig

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Starts at WABC-AM in December

ap_byline.gif
By LARRY McSHANE Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - November 1, 2007 - Shock jock Don Imus will return to the airwaves Dec. 3 after eight months of a well-paid hiatus brought about by a racist and sexist remark that once seemed certain to permanently silence his broadcasting career.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

"But just three months later, Sharpton, one of the strongest voices calling for the shock jock's firing, said Imus had a right to make a living and could return to radio."

I'm not being rude OR racist here, but I wonder if Imus would have gotten his show back had Sharpton NOT okayed it. This comment makes Sharpton sound like he was giving Imus permission.

As long as I don't have to see his face on morning tv....this doesn't bother me! :D

Link

Starts at WABC-AM in December

ap_byline.gif
By LARRY McSHANE Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - November 1, 2007 - Shock jock Don Imus will return to the airwaves Dec. 3 after eight months of a well-paid hiatus brought about by a racist and sexist remark that once seemed certain to permanently silence his broadcasting career.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

i was glad to hear this...i always liked his show in the mornings on TV, while being laid off for the winter months....wonder if i'll be able to get the radio channel??

"But just three months later, Sharpton, one of the strongest voices calling for the shock jock's firing, said Imus had a right to make a living and could return to radio."

I'm not being rude OR racist here, but I wonder if Imus would have gotten his show back had Sharpton NOT okayed it. This comment makes Sharpton sound like he was giving Imus permission.

Of course he wouldve gotten his job back.
Try making these disgusting racist remarks at YOUR job and see if YOU get an 8 mo PAID vacation......
Hes disgusting and I doubt if he is sorry about what he said about those young women, I can only imagine how he talks at home:liar:
Its too bad in this day and age we still condone this behaviour. Bt after all, they were just young Black college women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back