Million pounds of beef recalled

Dark Knight

Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- The giant agribusiness company Cargill Inc. said Saturday it is recalling more than 1 million pounds of ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.

The ground beef was produced October 8-11 at Cargill Meat Solutions' plant in Wyalusing, Pennsylvania and distributed to retailers.

Affected retailers include Giant, Shop Rite, Stop & Shop, Wegmans and Weis in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/03/beef.recall.ap/index.html?eref=yahoo

I think we need to grow our own food.:cool:
The recalls rotate between human food, Chinese leaded toys and contaminated dog food. Enough is enough.

This did not happen when my father had his own butcher and we had the best grocery store in the county. I think the processing and such added to this. I love beef and other meats we had in our shop. I still find places to buy them.

If I had to eat what I grow I would weigh 60 lbs. Lol. All i can manage is avocados, kumquats and lemons. And jasmine for tea. And a few herbs. Everything else dies.

If I had to eat what I grow I would weigh 60 lbs. Lol. All i can manage is avocados, kumquats and lemons. And jasmine for tea. And a few herbs. Everything else dies.

Your still a more succesful gardener then I am!!!

I would starve unless chives would be enough to survive.

I think we need to grow our own food.:cool:
The recalls rotate between human food, Chinese leaded toys and contaminated dog food. Enough is enough.

I had that same exact thought, Philamena. Ya can't even buy lettuce anymore without getting contaminated. Plus, it'd be healthier and we'd eat what was in season. Going macrobiotic wouldn't hurt either. How do ya grow brown rice?

Your still a more succesful gardener then I am!!!

I would starve unless chives would be enough to survive.

Well if you get a cow for sour cream, and learn to grow potatoes I'd come over for baked one.:crazy: And I could bring lemonade and tea.

We're going to have to start putting dates on these recall threads. I almost passed over it thinking it was one of the other ones! This is really getting ridiculous. Sadly, it's going to take multiple deaths to get the government to do something about this.

The sad thing is..remember when we got this kind of news on recalls,and we'd be all nervous,and calling every one we knew to alert them...and now it's more like.. NOW what,and just read it and shake our heads.

I never saw a thread, but there was also a Totino's and Genos pepperoni, and any of the combos with pepperoni recall the day after Halloween.

The sad thing is..remember when we got this kind of news on recalls,and we'd be all nervous,and calling every one we knew to alert them...and now it's more like.. NOW what,and just read it and shake our heads.

And hope the stuff isn't in our fridge or tummies!

This is easy to resolve!

Go vegetarian and grow your own veggies...then you don't have to wonder. Simple as that. All of my eating is worry free! ;)

Refuse to let your body become a tomb for other creatures! You WILL be healthier!

On a serious note, if you have to have meat, buy organically grown, hormone free meat or go to a local butcher and get locally grown meat.
Meat is soooo gross, but it's even more gross when it's chock full of nasty hormones and disease. :sick: The industrial farms have no concern for what is in your food. They're just out to make the fastest buck. Eat safely my WS friends!

These recall threads always make me hungry for what's being recalled...thanks. Now all I want for dinner is a big hunk of steak. :dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back