Thread: FL-Unidentified Teen found Burning

FL-Unidentified Teen found Burning

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2.../2/299908.html

Sorry if this has been posted........
    POLK COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The medical examiner's office has completed an autopsy on a body found burning in Poinciana Thursday afternoon.
    The sheriff's office released some of the results Friday in hopes of identifying the victim.
    The girl is between 15 and 19 years of age, is 5'5 tall, and approximately 105 lbs. She has light brown to auburn colored hair that had red dyed streaks in it and blue extensions in it.
    The girl's eye color could not be determined.
    Authorities said firefighters discovered a teen's body near a rural intersection in eastern Polk County.
    Identifying Characteristics

• Either Caucasian, Asian, or Hispanic
    • Appendix removed at some point
    • Evidence of a belly button piercing
    • Wearing Nike cross-trainer tennis shoes
    Investigators said someone smelled smoke in the area and called the fire department.

..............More at link above............
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-18-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Great catch, Teons!!! It really could be Shelly, the characteristics are very close.

This one is a little off, but the blue streaks in the hair stood out to me.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Happy New Years

Exclamation

I don't believe it is Shelly Fatima Daspit. She has a Myspace account and I sent her a message. She said she ran away from Foster Care and she's really fine and not to worry about her. What do we do about that?

I would report it, I think it is awful if she is okay and others are worried about her and some of us are worried, presuming that she could have been killed. Maybe the police can track her down through myspace?
    Happy New Years

Here's a link posted tonight:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov...?news-breaking

Polk Detectives Need Information On Charred Body

TBO.com Staff Report
    Published: November 6, 2007

POINCIANA Polk County sheriff's detectives have turned up no significant leads in the homicide investigation involving an unidentified female whose charred body was found last week in an isolated area of the county.
    Authorities are asking the public for information to help identify the victim and reveal how she may have died.

Composite sketch

The charred body is thought to be that of a girl between 15 and 19 years old, with light brown or auburn hair with red-dyed streaks and blue extensions, sheriff's officials said.
    The remains were discovered Thursday near Lake Marion Creek Drive and Marlin Drive. About 9 a.m., someone who lives east of Lake Marion smelled smoke and called the Polk County Fire Department. Firefighters arrived to fight a small brush fire there and spotted the body.
    An autopsy conducted by the Polk County Medical Examiner's Office showed the victim was 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weighed about 105 pounds and was wearing Nike cross-trainer tennis shoes, a sheriff's report states. She was Caucasian, Asian or Hispanic.
    Tests also revealed that her appendix had been removed at some point during her life and she probably had a pierced navel, a Polk sheriff's release stated. She had a cyst on her right ovary causing symptoms for which she may have sought medical treatment.
    Detectives also released a composite sketch of the victim based on her autopsy photo.

If she had her appendix removed, would there be a scar on her stomach?

I also found her; she has a myspace page, but it's set to private:

Her height and weight are consistent with the findings, plus she has highlights:

None of these mentions an appendectomy, though...

This one, too, just because of the strawberry highlights in her hair:

Quote Originally Posted by numbernine View Post
    If she had her appendix removed, would there be a scar on her stomach?
    An appendectomy would leave a scar along the right lower abdomen. Most people would refer to this area as the stomach even though it is not actually any where near the stomach. I definitely would not rule this one out. I would make a note for any missing person stating a scar in the stomach, hip or abdominal area because all of these terms would be acceptable to a layperson describing an appendectomy. One would hope that a missing person's profile would outright mention surgical scars ,however, most , as we know, do not.

An update was released today:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov...?news-breaking

Polk Officials Update Description Of Burn Victim

By Billy Townsend of The Tampa Tribune
    Published: November 7, 2007

POINCIANA - Authorities have refined the description of a girl or young woman detectives say was killed and found burned in extreme northeast Polk County.

Composite sketch

The victim is now described as 5-foot-3 to 5-foot-4 in height, weighing 100 pounds and "possibly a Caucasian-Asian female," according to a sheriff's office news release, which cited the medical examiner's office.
    The victim's charred body is thought to be that of a girl between 15 and 19 years old, with light brown or auburn hair with red-dyed streaks and blue extensions, sheriff's officials said.
    Tests also revealed that her appendix had been removed during her life, and she probably had a pierced navel, a Polk sheriff's release stated. She had a cyst on her right ovary causing symptoms for which she may have sought medical treatment.
    The sheriff's office says the victim was killed somewhere else and brought to an area near Lake Marion Creek Drive and Marlin Drive. They have not released her cause of death.
    About 9 a.m., someone who lives east of Lake Marion smelled smoke and called the Polk County Fire Department. Firefighters arrived to fight a small brush fire there and spotted the body.
    Detectives have also released a composite sketch of the victim based on her autopsy photo.

Polk Deputies ID Charred Body As Orlando Woman

TBO.com Staff Report
    Published: November 9, 2007

Video: How Detectives Discovered The Victim's Identity
    Deputies have identified the charred body found Nov.1 in Poinciana as 22-year-old Solymarie Roman of Orlando, Polk County sheriff's spokeswoman Carrie Rodgers said.

Solymarie Roman

Detectives notified Roman's parents, who live in Puerto Rico, on Thursday. Her family last heard from her Halloween night, Rodgers said. Roman's family contacted Polk County detectives Wednesday after seeing coverage of the burned body in the media.
    Detectives then identified the woman from her dental records.
    Polk County officials are treating Roman's death as a homicide. If you have any information, deputies ask you contact them at (863) 534-6379, or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS.

I would report it, I think it is awful if she is okay and others are worried about her and some of us are worried, presuming that she could have been killed. Maybe the police can track her down through myspace?
    Of course they can. MySpace should have IP logging enabled, which should give them an idea as to what area she's in when logging into her account.

In addition to this, each PC has what's called a NIC card, which is your ethernet network card. Each network card has a MAC address (the address of the card) that cannot be changed. That MAC address is transmitted each and every time packets of data are transmitted across the Internet.

If LE's determined and wants to fully utilize their resources, they WILL find her.

Depending on the age laws in the state in which she is located and/or her situation prior to leaving her home, it may not be prudent to report her. One never knows the real reason someone runs away. IMO 17 is old enough to decide whether or not your home is a healthy environment.

17 is still a child and in no way is she old enough to be out on her own. Even if she doesn't go home, it would be nice for her family to know she is okay. I am sure there is someone out there who loves this girl.
    Happy New Years

17 is still a child and in no way is she old enough to be out on her own. Even if she doesn't go home, it would be nice for her family to know she is okay. I am sure there is someone out there who loves this girl.
    Many would not agree with you that 17 is still a child. There are many stages of maturity and who is to say that this young lady is not mature beyond her years. Every person is an individual. In my country children leave school at 16 and begin their adult careers and live adult lives. Im not saying that she is as mature as an adult ,however, I would not dismiss the ability to care for herself and create a rewarding existance merely because she is 17.

Shelly said she's turning 18 in December and has a job as a bookkeeper and lives in her own apartment. She has enrolled in college to start in the Spring. She does not have any bio family to turn to and claims that no one but Foster Care thinks she is "missing" and she has been taken under their wings by a woman and her husband (she calls her mom). She sounds pretty mature to me. This is from the little correspondence I've had with her. I have no desire to upset her success in standing up for herself. By our correspondence I believe her to be a mature, responsible young lady that is doing what is best for her. JMO

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    If she is replying from her own personal myspace account, then she is going to be found easily and she has to expect that. Perhaps she can be considered emancipated in her state?

I live in Tulsa Oklahoma, originally from Sand Springs Oklahoma

How old is old enough to say it is ok to run away

OK, so I am new here,...but if someone has a missing persons poster out there and they are aware of it,...then they should do something to change the status,..I mean we are all looking for these missing people all over the place,..if we are looking at someone and find them then it should be our responsibility to report that no matter what the circumstances are. I mean if I had a missing child and later found out that people knew where they were and never reported it,..I would be angry,..no matter what the circumstances are,..even run aways who believe they are unsafe at home can find help,..there is no excuse for allowing a missing persons poster to remain out there when the whereabouts of the supposed missing is known to anyone especially someone who is supposed to be helping to solve these kinds of cases,..I think that if she has a myspace page someone should report this to the proper authorities so that it can be resolved...

FYI - I did report it before Christmas and they must have followed up because her missing picture is no longer on the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children's Website. She also doesn't respond to any messages on Myspace.