Star Jones accused of taking money from a non-profit organization

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

The Detroit women's group, Full and Fabulous, a non-profit organization that helps plus-size women and girls cope with peer pressures, claim they invited the 45-year-old to speak at their Health, Beauty and Self-Esteem conference during the 2006 Super Bowl in Detroit.

More at links.

TMZ

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Oh sheeze...not another Star Jones story. I say people need to leave her alone. If she 'stole' money from the organization, why did they wait until now, almost a year later to yap about it?

Maybe they should have booked Kirstie Ally (sp) instead. :D

It's a shame if it's true.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Maybe they're upset she lost all that weight.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Maybe they're upset she lost all that weight.

She was a hero and inspiration to those girls before she allegedly used their orginization's credit card to purchase first class plane tickets without authorization. (She allegedly pitched a fit because the org was buying her discount tickets, so she went and bought tickets to a flight that left later and cost a lot more without clearing it with the org.) Here is another article with video, and part two of the investigation is out. They are going public a year later because Star apparently still hasn't made good.

ETA: Aha! According to part two, there was a judgement rendered against her for TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS! She did them *VERY* dirty!!! :twocents:

Please, just make her go away.

Please, just make her go away.

I second that. Never liked her - never will. I think she's an opportunist who will use anyone and everyone she can.

Take a good look at what she did with her wedding and honeymoon. She's disgusting.

I am so sick of Starr Jones. Why did they ruin Court TV by putting her new talk show right in the middle of the afternoon. The show has nothing to do with the subjects normally covered by Court TV. How are they going to have live coverage of trials when Star Jones' show is right in the middle of the day and thus right in the middle of the coverage time?! It makes no sense. We lost Catherine Crier for this?

Starr Jones has plenty of money. If flying economy class was beneath her, she could have upgraded her ticket and paid the difference.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back