GUILTY Australia - Shellay Ward, 7, starved to death, Hawks Nest, NSW, 13 Nov 2007

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
Homicide detectives are investigating the alleged death by starvation of a seven year old girl whose emaciated body was found in bed in a town north of Newcastle.
A 34 year old woman was treated at the home before being taken to the hospital for observation...she was later released.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=318197

R.I.P. Poor little one! :(
663783cgp5azhf0b.gif

Glitter Graphics

I wonder what the woman (mother of this child?) was treated/observed for.

The thought of a child starving to death just sickens me.

A statement from DoCS said the department had already taken action to keep the child's siblings safe.

I find that startling. There were siblings??? Why was this little one allowed to die? :(

I've seen several cases where one child is abused and the others are not. David Pelzer comes to mind immediately.

I've seen several cases where one child is abused and the others are not. David Pelzer comes to mind immediately.

It happens all the time. One child becomes the scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the family.

I will never understand why parents don't just give the children up or not have them if they don't want them. It tears me up inside thinking about the pain these little ones suffer. I have been poor and had to go a few days without food, so I know how bad it hurts. At least she is with God now and cannot hurt anymore.

From the link:
"Her father Blakely Ward said he had no idea what caused the death of his daughter, who he said had suffered from autism and developmental disorders.

"Starvation, we didn't starve her," Mr Ward told News Ltd.

"She was born small, she was a tiny kid."

Mr Ward said police told him Shellay weighed just 9kg and had no fluids left in her body.
"I don't know how this can be, she'd eat like anything."
He said he and his wife were good parents who lived for their three children."

^^^^^^What a complete and utter jerk!

Without knowing much about this case I know about starvation. I know that a body will deny food when it is on overload. I have seen this. I know that sometimes a body can't take food in any way shape or form. I am not denying what happened but sometime it is not in our realm.

I understand medical problems but if that's true, then there should have been doctors and a hospitalization involved here long before she wasted away on her bed. This is so sad. :(

Our daughter (autistic-realm and severe delays) is losing weight and it freaks me out. So we've called the doctor. Not that she's wasting away, but I don't understand why she's falling out of her clothes suddenly. Hopefully it's just a phase.

Awww, thanks, Squishified! She'll be ok. That's what doctors are for, right?! Lesson learned though: Don't buy a lot of school uniforms in advance!

(Your nick is just as fun to type as it is to say!) lol

Good luck Taxi-I don't know the age of your daughter, but it can happen...her brain and body are changing, so meds work differently...she just may need some fine tuning and re-evaluation. Peace to you both!

Thanks, believe! She's almost 8 yrs old. We are really watching this especially due to her meds. It's always something! lol

I want to know more about this little girl! It makes me too sad to think about it though.

Oh nooooo, this is horrible. All their kids have been neglected. That mom tried to resuscitate her daughter for 3 hours because she knew what they had done. Slowly killed their beautiful daughter.

This is just too much.

I know Taximom....to kill your child in a fit of rage is one thing but to slowly kill your child this way takes a whole lot more stamina.

Yeah, Dingo, everyday for possibly weeks they had to pass her slowly dying body, or her room anyway. It's inconceivable to me. I wish the same would happen to both of them.

Theyre proberly as fat as mud Taximom as is sometimes the case with these crimes..Ill see if I can find a pic of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back