Cow falls off cliff and hits van

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
The Associated Press
<!--date-->Article Launched: 11/06/2007 10:28:20 AM PST

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var requestedWidth = 0; </SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>MANSON, Wash.—Charles and Linda Everson were driving back to their hotel when their minivan was struck by a falling object—a 600-pound cow.
The Eversons were unhurt but the cow, which had fallen off a cliff, had to be euthanized. The year-old cow fell about 200 feet from the cliff and landed on the hood of the couple's minivan, causing heavy damage.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_7385238?nclick_check=1

I knew the cows would strike back eventually. Once I realized they could talk (California cheese commercials) and parachute onto football fields (Chik-Fil-A), it was only a matter of time.

I'd previously heard about a story where some soldiers loaded a cow onto a plane and it kicked so hard they either tossed it out or it fell out of a plane. Poor cow! But what a sight, it's not every day you see a cow fall out of the sky!

I'm having an extremely frustrating day, so this made me chuckle!

DH reminded me of the rest... They pushed it out of the plane and it landed on a fishing boat and sank it. The crew of the fishing boat was arrested because it was a "cockamamy" story about a cow falling out of the sky and sinking their boat and the authorities didn't believe them!

I'd previously heard about a story where some soldiers loaded a cow onto a plane and it kicked so hard they either tossed it out or it fell out of a plane. Poor cow! But what a sight, it's not every day you see a cow fall out of the sky!

I'm having an extremely frustrating day, so this made me chuckle!

Why worry, Linas? Be happy!

Because a cow could fall out of the sky and end it all anyway.

I knew cows were about the dumbest animals on the planet.

How does one explain this to an insurance company?

I hate to say admit it but that had me ROFLMAO. The thread title got me.
Good question about explaining that one to the insurance company. lol

Well, that puts a whole new spin on "I need more cowbell!". LoL

TONY HICKS: AND ANOTHER THINGContra Costa Times
<!--date-->Article Launched: 11/27/2007 03:03:15 AM PST

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var requestedWidth = 0; </SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>Now that I'm out of my turkey coma, and I've recovered from trying to watch the Christmas tree lighting in Union Square on Friday night with 4 million other people with screaming children, (a bad bout of claustrophobia is the wrong way to kick off one's holiday season), I need to gather my thoughts. Which I'll do in this space, lucky you.
I've had a couple of things kicking around the column folder for a while that I haven't had the chance to share yet. Including the fascinating case of Charles and Linda Everson, who were driving to their hotel in Manson, Wash., a few weeks back when their minivan was struck by a falling cow.
You heard that right: a "falling" cow. Not a running, walking or trotting cow. Nor was it a cow that was just standing in the road, looking dumb. They didn't hit the cow, the cow hit them. By falling out of the sky.
Apparently the road was beneath a cliff about 200 feet up. On that cliff was a cow. Why, authorities weren't sure. Maybe she was rock climbing with her other extreme-sport-loving cow buddies. Maybe she was trying to jump over the moon. Maybe she was depressed at all these beef-recall stories.
Whatever the reason, the cow plunged a suicidal 200 feet onto the hood of the couple's minivan causing, the story said straight-facedly, "heavy damage." The humans, visiting from Michigan while celebrating their first wedding anniversary, weren't hurt. That is, if one considers a lifetime of falling-cow nightmares "not hurt." They should look at the bright side. At least the cow didn't explode. http://www.contracostatimes.com/columns/ci_7569611

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back