1104 users online (219 members and 885 guests)  

Websleuths News

heaven bound

CA - Shontae Blanche, 22, pregnant, killed when car plows through crowd, 5 Nov 2007

LOS ANGELES A pregnant woman was killed and two others injured after a brawl broke out involving as many as 30 young women, authorities said.
    The fight began about 2:30 p.m. Monday in South Los Angeles. Police said one of the women jumped into her car and struck the three victims. The woman killed was eight months pregnant and another victim was in critical condition and expected to lose her leg, authorities said. None of the victims' identities were released.
    Unique Bishop, 21, fled but turned herself into authorities and was booked for investigation of murder, police said. She is being held on $1 million bail.
    Police said the cause of the dispute is unclear, but was part of a planned confrontation between two groups of women in their early 20s. Witnesses told police they saw women shout at each other and fighting at a parking lot for a discount store. The fight then moved its way onto the street and into a gas station. more at link

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    The heck?
    Just thinkin' out loud....

North Carolina
    WTH was a pregnant woman doing fighting anyway? I hope they are charged with the baby's murder also.
    Happy New Years

This is crazy. I understand getting upset with people, but to actually get in your car and drive over them is just insane.

I don't think the victim was fighting.

Upstate NY
    That must have been one hell of a sight - grown women brawling. This is terrible. It seems that the mother-to-be had a promising future. What a shame - what a waste!

OVER A MAN?????????????????????????

From August 2010:

A 23-year-old woman was sentenced Tuesday to 30 years to life in state prison for driving her vehicle into a crowd of people at a South Los Angeles gas station, killing a pregnant woman and her fetus.

Unique K. Bishop was convicted April 29 of the second-degree murders of Shontae Blanche, 22, and “Baby Blanche”...