CA - Jose Mosqueda for animal cruelty, Ventura, 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
The best news I've heard yet today. :clap:

VENTURA, Calif. - A teenager who pleaded no contest to torturing and mutilating the pet tortoise of an autistic boy has been sentenced to spend time in jail, fined and ordered to give up his own pets.
Jose Antonio Mosqueda, 18, was sentenced Monday to 270 days in jail but was credited with 156 days already served and for good conduct. He could have faced up three years behind bars.
Mosqueda entered his plea in September to felony animal cruelty. Prosecutors said he snatched a 40-pound African spurred tortoise named Bob from a backyard on July 7, slashed its legs and neck, punctured its shell and threw it against a wall. more at link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21657326/

I just don't understand how anyone can treat a living creature in such a manner... slashed it's legs, punctured it's shell, threw it against a wall... how would this idiot like someone to do that to him?!?!

I hope his poor pets go to a good home. This person is a shameful disgrace.

Boy if I were his mom he'd be seeing a psychologist pronto. Well, after his butt was in jail for a while.

I don't know how kids get like this....

Why are people just so damn cruel. it breaks my heart how cruel and cold people are. And to do this to a special needs child no less, that probably made it all the more fun for the little jerkwad who tourtured the animal.

Boy if I were his mom he'd be seeing a psychologist pronto. Well, after his butt was in jail for a while.

I don't know how kids get like this....
It is probably too late now, mom should have been more involved to begin with or this wouldn't have happened. There is no other explanation for such a twisted, phychotic boy that would tourture animals other that poor parenting.

Just imagining the pain that child is in now, because he saw that brings tears to my eyes. I hope the images are wiped from his mind somehow, I hope he can forget, please, if there is mercy in this world, let this not haunt that poor child. :( :( :(

It is probably too late now, mom should have been more involved to begin with or this wouldn't have happened. There is no other explanation for such a twisted, phychotic boy that would tourture animals other that poor parenting.

Yeah, he probably exhibited signs he needed help years ago. Wonder what the family story is.

KatK, I also hope the young autistic boy can forget about this, but some of them hyper-focus on something and don't let go. I hope it's not like this for this child.
:(

Did you guys see the part about the possibly poisoned dog too? :eek:

I believe that the turtle is still alive. They did a follow up on the news out here a few weeks ago. He was still recovering, but they thought her was going to make it.

Still, it's terribly sad.

That fool will end up killing someone. It takes a sick person to harm animals. :slap:

He looks ill.
His attorney says he is remorseful--he may say he is sorry but saying it doesn't count for much! It means nothing; he will go on to do this (or worse) again because he can't help himself. The kid is sick...

Time off for good behavior--yeah, right. He didn't act good to begin with, that's why he is there and he should serve his entire term in jail .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back