British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobean

Reaction score
My thoughts are with Merediths family....rest in peace Meredith...

Three people are being questioned about the death of Briton Meredith Kercher who police suspect was murdered after a violent sexual attack.

According to reports, all three had been at the house in Perugia, Italy, where Miss Kercher, 21, of Coulsdon, south London, was found dead.
They include her American housemate, Amanda Knox, aged 20, and Miss Knox's boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, 24.
Also questioned was Patrick Lumumba, 37, a Congolese immigrant.
Arturo De Felice, Perugia's police chief, told a press conference that she died fighting off a sexual attack. He said that Miss Kercher was a "victim and nothing more".

More at link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7080400.stm

Actually Steve, Meredith was on her Erasmus Exchange as a student, not working.

Girl 'confesses over her flatmate's murder'

The Italian press is reporting that the knife was used by Lumumba.

I knew that, but looking back I see I worded it as if she were employed there. I'm re-wording that part of the blog post -- thank you.

In case authorities take Amanda's MySpace info off-line, I've made mirrors of her profile and her blog page:

http://mirror.huffsblog.com/foxyknoxy03.htm
http://mirror.huffsblog.com/foxyknoxy03blog.htm

The mirrors refer to one another link-wise, and I removed several links that might not work otherwise.

Steve/Mr. A

I have been following this story for a few days now via the British media outlets. Amanda has supposedly confessed but her story is still changing as to what happened and her role in the crime.
Her latest version claims she was in the kitchen when the 2 men went into Merediths room. She heard screams coming from the room.

However it doesnt appear she is confessing to any direct role in the murder or doing anything to assist in any way. She has supposedly claimed she covered her ears when the screaming was going on.. yup great flatmate/friend. There are some stories that she has written that are suspiciously like this crime.. makes me wonder if this was a planned crime but cant figure out how she got the others to participate and how she thought they would get away with a crime of this nature. Also wonder if it was just to be a crime of rape or if it was intended to be a crime of murder...?

Amanda's comments on her involvement.....
"claimed she was in the kitchen of the apartment she shared with Miss Kercher when Mr Lumumba went into the Briton's bedroom alone.
She told police she then heard screaming from the room, but covered her ears to block out the noise."
"I can't remember how long they were in there, but at one point I heard Meredith scream.
"I was horrified. After that I don't remember anything. I was very confused"

more at link....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7082281.stm

No problem, Steve. :)

I suspect she has changed her story as she has found out that she is still implicated by the fact that she was there and did nothing. The boyfriend is apparently distancing himself from the whole thing and it sounds to me as though Amanda set her friend up as she seems to have met up with Patrick and then taken him to their house.

Flatmate 'ignored Meredith's dying screams

Amanda Knox has had most of her online stuff either removed or made private, so those mirrors I made are the only way to see her MySpace pages now.

Is it me, or is this story getting stranger by the day?

Steve/Mr. A

Amanda Knox has had most of her online stuff either removed or made private, so those mirrors I made are the only way to see her MySpace pages now.

Is it me, or is this story getting stranger by the day?

Steve/Mr. A

I would concur that this is honestly one of the strangest crimes I have ever heard of especially in light of the volume of crimes discussed here and on your site.

Lovely...:rolleyes: This American girl, who it seems is a murderer, does a lot for this country's reputation. The victim had told her friend that Amanda Knox often brought men back to the apartment. I can just imagine the poor victim in bed sleeping when Amanda and her men came in and tried to rape her. I guess that the struggle ended in murder.

Lovely...:rolleyes: This American girl, who it seems is a murderer, does a lot for this country's reputation. The victim had told her friend that Amanda Knox often brought men back to the apartment. I can just imagine the poor victim in bed sleeping when Amanda and her men came in and tried to rape her. I guess that the struggle ended in murder.

according to some of the news coverage Amanda had only been dating her boyfriend for 2 weeks.. and had "slept at this place" every night since they had met. Also of note his sister is a member of the italian police force.

Below is the coverage regarding Amanda and the many men who frequently visisted.. some of these comments are friends/family of Meredith who have provided some insight to her feelings/impressions of the frequent visitors...also references to drug used by the roomates..
http://www.corriere.it/english/articoli/2007/11_Novembre/08/perugia_meredhit.shtml

Wow! I wish Portugal and Aruba would publish English versions of suspects' statements. Thanks, opme.

Wow! I wish Portugal and Aruba would publish English versions of suspects' statements. Thanks, opme.

I would agree with that.. however not sure that they added that much more to what we already have seen in bits and pieces thru the news media.

I would agree with that.. however not sure that they added that much more to what we already have seen in bits and pieces thru the news media.

True. But it's interesting to see just how the involved parties expressed themselves.

The American media has been getting their info from the British media and much of the British media have been getting their stuff from the Italian press. While we have seen some of what's been said, I doubt that all of it has been revealed.

The lawyers of Amanda and Raffaele have left court, Patrick's lawyer apparently was still there according to reporters on the scene.

All three to be held in Italy without charge for up to a year. Too bad this didn't happen in Aruba.

New articles from the British press..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=492616&in_page_id=1811&ct=5
"A chilling text message predicting Meredith Kercher's death was revealed today.

The message saying "For me, tomorrow or tonight Meredith dies" was sent two days before the London exchange student was found dead in a pool of blood after her throat was cut. "
This apparently was sent to the wrong phone .. it belonged to a anonymous man in Italy who reported the odd text after hearing of the case.
"Phone records have proved vital in the investigation. After Miss Kercher's death there was heavy text and call traffic between Knox and and Sollecito"

Likely the text mentioned above was intended for one of the 3 suspects. This also alludes to premeditation..

"Reports in the Italian press also suggest that 120 diffent pieces of DNA evidence have been retrieved from the crime scene where Meredith was murdered. "
The DNA is suspected to belong to Lumumba "Patrick" Diya

"Court documents show the Italian police believe student Meredith Kercher was held down by her American flatmate as she was killed in a sex attack.
Detectives said Knox pushed so hard on the 21-year-old's face that she left an imprint of her fingers on the skin. "
"So much for her lies of not being in the room, covering her ears or being else where.

Also of note is that there is a mop and bucket missing from the rental home which could have feasibly left the puddle of water and blood in the bathroom.

The police have commented on Amanda know and the ever changing story as " 'An unscrupulous tendency to lie constantly to investigators'
She chose to remain silent during the 6 1/2 hour court session yesterday.
It looks like the evidence is proving to be significant and pointing directly towards the 3 original suspects..

Sheesh what is wrong with people these days :mad: Did it say whos phone the text message came from?Or did I miss it as I read the article.

OT I am out of coffee this morn so not quit with it yet :crazy:

Sheesh what is wrong with people these days :mad: Did it say whos phone the text message came from?Or did I miss it as I read the article.

OT I am out of coffee this morn so not quit with it yet :crazy:

No according to the article the police are trying to trace the text from the originating phone. They have insinuated that there was some attempt to disguise locals with the suspects and Merediths cell phones.. though it seems they have proved that these attmepts have redirected attention to these suspects. They also mentioned that both Diya and Sollecito have claimed to have alibis.. one was home on the computer and the other working in his bar (reciepts will prove his innocence). I beleive police have seized the computer and are evaluating the reciepts as well. Though it sounds as though the DNA and other forensic evidence clearly indicate their involvement. Just gets stranger by the day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni