Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Thanks Harry for that insightful post, looks like you've done your research. Yes, after reading that it does look like they did it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danaya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Danaya View Post
    I didn't read anywhere that the blood had Amanada's DNA and the dna in the bathroom, couldn't that have been there for a while and been the result of a cut or nosebleed?

Hi Danaya,
    The blood of Amanda and Meredith was mixed fresh in the bathroom. The blood was found in a spot on the sink drain, on the faucet and on the bidet. When luminol was used the bathroom showed up a bloody mess! The bloody footprints under luminol were shown going between Meredith's room and the bathroom. I believe this was the last place they cleaned and therefore hasty, not getting everything spic and span. It reminds me of the Scott Peterson cleanup.

A policewoman noticed an abrasion on Amanda's neck. I'm not sure this is where the blood came from, but from Meredith's defensive wounds on her hands and the bruises all over her body is evidence that she put up quite the fight. Two neighbors have testified to hearing a blood curdling scream. I think Amanda's blood did come from her nose, but not because of a regular nose bleed, but from getting socked while holding Meredith down.

Btw, regarding the cleanup, the other roommates testified that Amanda was a slob. Why the sudden urge to remove all traces in the place she lived?

It is really a very sad case. Meredith Kercher on all accounts was a happy, cheerul, beautiful and studious girl. Her phones were removed and found down the street in a neighbors garden. Her door was locked and she had no possibility of getting help. She died a horrific death which, considering the circumstances that she knew her killers and trusted them, makes it very frightening to imagine. The police believe she was taunted and humiliated before she was killed.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harry For This Useful Post:

Wow Harry - nice post! Thanks. I have no doubts about Amanda and her boyfriend's guilt either. I remember when this case broke and how wacky she was. Also - I don't believe the Italian police beat her during questioning. I don't think they would have dared. This case drew international attention from the media since the moment it broke. There is no way Amanda was beaten by anyone and it was not reported in the media. If there is nothing to substantiate her claim, then it is BS. Amanda is quite the accomplished liar in my opinion.

Salem

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Thank you Harry,

My husband watched 48 Hours and was convinced Amanda was being railroaded. I didn't know how to begin explaining all the inaccuracies and the bias of that piece until I saw your posts.

I read them both to him.

You were convincing. My husband changed his mind. He hardly ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Hi Danaya,
    The blood of Amanda and Meredith was mixed fresh in the bathroom. The blood was found in a spot on the sink drain, on the faucet and on the bidet. When luminol was used the bathroom showed up a bloody mess! The bloody footprints under luminol were shown going between Meredith's room and the bathroom. I believe this was the last place they cleaned and therefore hasty, not getting everything spic and span. It reminds me of the Scott Peterson cleanup.

A policewoman noticed an abrasion on Amanda's neck. I'm not sure this is where the blood came from, but from Meredith's defensive wounds on her hands and the bruises all over her body is evidence that she put up quite the fight. Two neighbors have testified to hearing a blood curdling scream. I think Amanda's blood did come from her nose, but not because of a regular nose bleed, but from getting socked while holding Meredith down.

Btw, regarding the cleanup, the other roommates testified that Amanda was a slob. Why the sudden urge to remove all traces in the place she lived?

It is really a very sad case. Meredith Kercher on all accounts was a happy, cheerul, beautiful and studious girl. Her phones were removed and found down the street in a neighbors garden. Her door was locked and she had no possibility of getting help. She died a horrific death which, considering the circumstances that she knew her killers and trusted them, makes it very frightening to imagine. The police believe she was taunted and humiliated before she was killed.
    Wow Harry! Thanks for this info. I have always believed that Amanda KNEW what was happening and was even in on the planning but I really never placed her right at the scene of the crime! It's a tragic shame all around. A beautiful, vivacious young woman murdered in cold blood by other beautiful young people. So very sad. I don't believe Amanda will be leaving Italy anytime soon...

Wow you guys are easily swayed. Links Harry?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Times Online
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sit...&sectionId=674

Sorry the link is so long, I don't know how to shorten it. Still this might help.

I also think this blog has breaks down a few more psychological elements. It is a blog but an interesting read. http://missrepresented.wordpress.com/

I posted above the Perugia Murder File link, but here it is again. http://perugiamurderfile.freeforums.org/portal.php Like I said, it is a treasure trove of info - Italian artices - many translated (not by google!), the reports on Rudy Guede, why judges deemed Raffaele and Amanda dangerous and a flight risk, powerpoints about dna in general and the footprints and the house, etc. It is really helpful.

I've also read the True Justice Meredith Kercher blog which seems to closely monitor media reports on this case. http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry For This Useful Post:

The 48 Hour episode was VERY one-sided... with it lacking in giving both sides of the case, it fed into what I call "An American arrested in another country means that the country is corrupt" syndrome. This "syndrome" is spawned from the issue that all too often the only time we hear about an American arrested abroad, is when something is fishy with the prosecuting country and their prosecutorial body. With the media mostly doing stories of Americans wrongly prosecuted abroad, in the past, subliminally a lot of brains get conditioned into thinking that any prosecuting body outside of the US, is corrupt. (Then there is the issue that we view our country and its citizens as the most civilized in the world... so for some people, they have a hard time accepting that one of our own would commit heinous crimes in another country. I know I have gotten short sided in the past, thinking just that... it's not something I am proud of.)

I say lets watch where things fall... let Italy present their case... don't take what the 48 Hours reported, as being the full story. I know I have bounced around on the case, as far as innocence and guilt goes... 15 minutes into the episode, they had me convinced that she was being wrongly accused... then the light flicked on in my brain when I realized that the report was very one-sided.

ETA: As soon as I posted this I explained my post to J, lo-and-behold, he fell right into the trap of what I am talking about. His instant response was something to the point of "well, it would be easy for a country to set an American up" and "why would she wait to kill someone until she got to Italy". I just growled at him... he's putting her being an American above finding out what the case is fully about. :|

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Wow you guys are easily swayed. Links Harry?
    I've been following the case, but through news articles, including the ones from Seattle, and I faithfully read the Perugia Shock.

I've reached the same conclusions as Harry. I really think the evidence speaks louder than Amanda's advocates. I also believe the Italian justice system will come to the correct conclusion.

I DO plan on visiting the sites Harry recommended and would like to thank Harry for his links.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolynna For This Useful Post:

Jury To Visit Meredith Kercher Murder Scene

Jurors in the Meredith Kercher murder trial will visit the house where the British student was murdered as the case resumes after the Easter break.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090418/...e-3fd0ae9.html

More of the same that we already know at link.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

PERUGIA, Italy (June 12) -- An American student accused of murdering her British roommate took the stand for the first time Friday, telling an Italian court in a quavering voice that she saw the victim hours before the killing, then went to her boyfriend's house for the night...

Alternating between English and Italian Knox told the court she last saw Kercher on the afternoon of Nov. 1. They talked about what they had done the night before — a Halloween night out — and Knox said Kercher still had a bit of her vampire makeup on.
    Sollecito then arrived at the apartment and he and Knox had something to eat while Kercher was in her room, Knox told the court.

"She left her room, said 'bye,' walked out the door," Knox said, at this point speaking Italian. "That was the last time I saw her..."

Knox was called to testify both in her own defense and in a civil case brought by Lumumba.
    "The declarations were taken against my will, so everything that I said was said in confusion and under pressure," Knox said under questioning by Lumumba's lawyer.

"They called me a stupid liar; said I was trying to protect someone. I was not trying to protect anyone," she said. "I didn't know what to respond. They said I left Raffaele's home, which I denied, but they continued to call me 'stupid liar.'

Knox smiled as she walked into the court before her testimony. She was dressed in a white shirt and white trousers and had her hair pulled into a ponytail..."
    (video/photos, full article at link)

http://news.aol.com/article/amanda-k...trial%2F402517

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the link and update.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6493655.ece

Knox is claiming police brutality now - personally, I can't hold it against anyone who wants to slap this little twist.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

I, Personally don't believe a word from that girls mouth. Her story has changed so many times, she deserves a good slap or two (and I'm the most mellow person ever!)
    Last edited by kittenish; 06-14-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittenish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pearseha View Post
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6493655.ece

Knox is claiming police brutality now - personally, I can't hold it against anyone who wants to slap this little twist.
    ITA. Can't you picture her rolling her eyes and giggling while LE was trying to question her?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast