Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313366,00.html

~snip~

A trace of blood belonging to American student Amanda Knox was found in her Perugia apartment that investigators believe dates back to the night her British flatmate was slain, news reports said Wednesday.
    Investigators found the blood on a bathroom faucet and one of Knox's fingerprints on a glass, but the apartment was otherwise cleaned after Meredith Kercher, 21, was killed, according to a summary report by investigating magistrate Giuliano Mignini quoted by the ANSA news agency.

A second post-mortem will not be carried out on the body of murdered British student Meredith Kercher.

Italian lawyers and experts decided there was enough information from the first post-mortem to establish the time and cause of death on 1 November. The decision, sent to lawyers concerned with the case, means Ms Kercher's family can arrange a funeral.

Im pleased that Meredith's family can now lay her to rest, i hope its at least some small weight off their minds...

more at link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7116648.stm

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobean For This Useful Post:

It appears there was quite a cleaning session in the apartment. Those two apparently weren't too stoned for that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert18 For This Useful Post:

i think this amanda girl is screwed...she's lied so many times that no one will ever believe her again. She sounds like a very screwed up, troubled rich kid, too much spare time, too much spare money...a sociopath in the making for sure. I think she got in way over her head and meredith just was in the way...what a sad story.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smarties For This Useful Post:

I wonder what the white car business is about? This is indeed an odd case.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    It appears there was quite a cleaning session in the apartment. Those two apparently weren't too stoned for that.
    Very good point. They were just too stoned to remember any details other than Patrick was the murderer. Isn't it funny that the latest drug dealer/suspect wasn't mentioned at all?

Amanda is disgusting, IMO. She murdered this girl out of poor jealousy. She is a real sicko who should be locked up for the rest of her life. I surely hope that someone talks and tells what really happened. I don't have much hope for the truth from this trio, though.

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Oh yeah, AK did the throat cutting-IMO. I am sure she will argue that she cut herself on the knife while cleaning up and transporting it, but hey, her blood is in the sink and as most WS'ers know, you invariably get injured when stabbing someone because they move around and defend themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Oh yeah, AK did the throat cutting-IMO. I am sure she will argue that she cut herself on the knife while cleaning up and transporting it, but hey, her blood is in the sink and as most WS'ers know, you invariably get injured when stabbing someone because they move around and defend themselves....
    Was she cut? I thought the drug dealer guy was the one who had a cut on his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    Was she cut? I thought the drug dealer guy was the one who had a cut on his hand.
    I thought Amanda's explanation for "her" blood was that it was from a nosebleed?

However, according to the most recent reports, finding Amanda's blood in the sink is proof Amanda was in "the apartment" the night of the murder. (I'm not sure why...maybe we will be told soon.)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20188222/

Today and yesterday's news was that there is enough evidence to continue to hold Amanda and her Italian boyfriend. A conversation between Amanda and her parents was "bugged" on the Nov. 17 and Amanda told her mother she did not know she was a suspect when she was interviewed by the police.

So her story to her mother is...she just thought she was helping by answering questions and didn't know what she said was "official"??? She thought they were just "talking"...as in "off the record"?????

http://iccroydon.icnetwork.co.uk/adv...name_page.html

The judges are going to make public their reasons and the evidence that allows the authorities to continue to hold Amanda and her ex boyfriend in a few days.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...tory?track=rss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolynna For This Useful Post:

The Sun Sentinel article says that Sollecito is Amanda's ex-boyfriend. Did they break up since their arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    The Sun Sentinel article says that Sollecito is Amanda's ex-boyfriend. Did they break up since their arrest?
    The boyfriend said he never wants to see her again.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2866303.ece

In interviews with Italian newspapers conducted from prison, Raffaele Sollecito, 24, said that he never wanted to see Ms Knox again. “If I am here it’s her fault above all,” he said, answering questions through his lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    It is my understanding that he said he never wanted to see her again. Let me see if I can find those articles.
    Thanks. Don't worry about finding an article. I believe you. I guess that he was in it for fun and sex and not for murder. I however believe that he was there and has ruined his life unless his father can buy his way out of this one.

If I was Sollecito I wouldn't be buying next semesters books just yet.

This article paints a disturbing picture of Knox. Those are some vacant eyes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Albert18 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    If I was Sollecito I wouldn't be buying next semesters books just yet.

This article paints a disturbing picture of Knox. Those are some vacant eyes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879
    I agree that Sollecito was there.

I think the reason I keep reading about this case is that despite articles like the one about Knox's wild past, when I read her blog about finding her place in Italy and her travels, she seems so bubbly, happy and....NORMAL.

At least, to me, she didn't seem like someone who would be part of a horrific murder.

I keep wondering how this girl who could come across as so regular and wholesome in THAT post got from there to where she is now.

IMO

The Italian press is reporting that Amanda Knox's parents are making making a documentary with an American network.

http://badgirlscrimeblog.wordpress.com/

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolynna For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Now what kind of documentary do you think is going on? Do you think it will focus on her doubtful innocence, or do you think these folks are extending their child's 15 minutes of fame and raising some cash for her defense....

Gruesome Photos Show Slain British Student's Apartment on Night of Murder

Italian authorities on Wednesday released chilling photos showing the interior of the apartment of British student Meredith Kercher the night she was murdered and sexually assaulted, the Daily Mail reported.

The photos, which can be viewed on the newspaper's Web site and are graphic, show blood spattered over the sink, toilet and cabinet of the bathroom she shared with American student Amanda Knox, who is one of three suspects.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323185,00.html

Now what kind of documentary do you think is going on? Do you think it will focus on her doubtful innocence, or do you think these folks are extending their child's 15 minutes of fame and raising some cash for her defense....
    I was wondering if the documentary might not be for PR purposes like the Dateline about the McCann's.

I also think you may be right about this being a way for the family to raise money for a defense, too.

JMO
    Last edited by Jolynna; 01-16-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Links to stories about Amanda Knox being seen with Sollecito and Rudy Hermann Guede hours before the murder. According to a witness she was waving a knife.

Also a secret witness testified for the defense Friday. I think this is the only published report about the secret witness in English.

http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/

FYI

the tv show 20/20 will be discussing this case tonight on ABC...at 9pm central time...

yes...raising cash for her defense, imo

This case was on 48 Hours Mystery last night and I have to say they way they portrayed it is there is an innocent girl in jail. Seems all too familiar that the cops can't exactly prve she was involved now and they don't want to release her and have egg on their faces. Curious to see what hard evidence they have.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4005725.shtml

Ciolino says if Amanda had actually been involved in Meredith's murder, police should have a lot more evidence to prove it. "When you or I walk into a room and we mess it up with blood and DNA and sweat we're going to bring a whole lot of stuff home with us. And we're going to leave even more there. But we have a problem in this case. Because they can’t put Amanda and Raffaele in that crime scene," Ciolino says.

"But you know who put Amanda at the crime scene? Amanda put Amanda at the crime scene. Who signs a statement that implicates them and their friends to murder? Who does that? Why would Amanda sign that?" Van Sant asks.

"Let me tell you, Peter, a confused 20-year-old girl, 6,000 miles from home, and all of a sudden they’re telling her she’s a prime suspect in a murder, that they’re gonna put her in prison for the rest of her life in an Italian jail, unless you pony up baby, and sign this," Ciolino says.

That’s what the case against Amanda boils down to, says Ciolino: a police theory that formed the basis for a coerced confession.

How does this work?

"This is real easy, okay? 'Amanda, you know what happened and I know what happened. And you better sign this statement because if you don't, young lady, you're never gonna see your mom again. You're never gonna see your daddy again.' 'Sir, it didn't really happen like that.' 'Bip, yes, it did happen like that, Amanda. And this is how it happened. You were with Patrick. And you and him went over there and he murdered your roommate. Now, maybe, maybe you didn't know that was gonna happen. But you certainly were there and you helped make it happen. Now, you better get writing or sign this or bad things are gonna happen like we're gonna charge you with the murder.' That's why there's no video. There is no audio. There is no independent party. There's Amanda and there's the cops. That's it. And who's gonna believe Amanda?" Ciolino says.

Amanda's signed statement helped form the backbone of the original police theory of the crime: that Amanda and Raffaele assisted Patrick Lumumba when he killed Meredith.

"And that's a great theory until the science comes rolling in, until the fingerprints show up," Ciolino says.

When Lumumba proved he had an alibi, and police matched DNA to Rudy Guede, the original theory didn’t work anymore.

"But now we have another problem, because Amanda didn’t know him. And Raffaele don’t know him," Ciolino explains.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    bumping for Meredith.

Sorry, but I do not think Amanda is innocent. Th 48hours epidsode seemed a little biased to me. The mean ol' Italians holding this innocent little American sweetheart in jail. Give me a break. Innocent until proven guilty. I think Amanda has proven she is guilty through her confession, her actions in the days leading up and after the murder, the evidence, the fact her bf footprint was found at the scene, she lied about not being there when the camera footage proved that she was.
    They could have called 911 but instead they let Meredity gurgle and struggle for at least an hour in agony and did nothing. That takes some cold-hearted people.
    I wonder if she was tested for drugs right after her arrest and if so if it would show anything else besides pot....cocaine, meth, ecstacy, etc.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

30. The Following User Says Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

Meredith police conclude inquiry

Detectives in Italy have formally concluded their investigation into the killing of student Meredith Kercher.
    Charges may now be brought against American Amanda Knox, 20, her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 21, and Hermann Guede, 24, from Ivory Coast.
    They are being held on suspicion of sexually assaulting and murdering the 21-year-old Leeds University student from Coulsdon, south London.
    She died last November in a house she shared with Miss Knox in Perugia.
    Prosecutors say the three suspects strangled and stabbed Miss Kercher, according to a court document officially notifying the defence that the investigation is over.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/7465028.stm

Meredith Kercher suspects on brink of being charged

Francesco Maresca, the lawyer representing the Kercher family, said they were "very satisfied" with the work of the investigators. "This is an example of swift and true Italian justice. We are hopeful that the first trial hearing will take place after the summer," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...g-charged.html

JUSTICE FOR MEREDITH!

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast