1124 users online (225 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Wandering Toodler Needs ID'd, Nov 2007

NEW ORLEANS -- A toddler was found wandering along the 7000 block of Crowder Boulevard, and New Orleans police need help identifying him.

The owner of a Chevron station called officers at about 1 p.m. when he saw the boy wandering alone in the store.

The child is black, about 2 to 3 years old, and he was wearing blue shorts but no shirt.

More at link (including a picture):
    http://www.wdsu.com/news/14525602/detail.html

They may have updated the article. From your link:

His mother called police after seeing him on the news, but she never showed up to get him back.
    Wha?!?!?

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Updated

His mother called police after seeing him on the news, but she never showed up to get him back. Officials said they're not sure if the boy's mother would be given custody again.

He's in foster care now.

Awwww, I'll take him! What is wrong with people? Don't have babies if you don't want them!!!

I hope he'll be in better hands now, although the "system" doesn't seem to be any better nowadays than stupid parents.

How could she not want that sweet child? He is a cutie. I hope that they find a good loving home for him.
    Happy New Years

What a cute little guy!!

Look at that sweet smile, how could anyone not want that precious baby? But, at least Mom left him where someone could find him and didn't do like a lot of others and kill him. Although, I would think a church or hospital or somewhere like that would have been a better place to leave him. Poor little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    His mother called police after seeing him on the news, but she never showed up to get him back. Officials said they're not sure if the boy's mother would be given custody again.

He's in foster care now.

What kind of mother is this????

mjak

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This is sad on so many levels. I hope she does not have other children to care for.

Why am I having to sign in every time I post today? Something's wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by mjak View Post
    What kind of mother is this????

mjak
    We call em' incubators....

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    This is sad on so many levels. I hope she does not have other children to care for.

Why am I having to sign in every time I post today? Something's wierd.
    Next time you have to log in be sure to check that little box for "Remember Me". That should take care of it. Someone may have cleared your cookies and temp internet files.

Good luck!

I firmly believe that things happen for a reason. This little boy will hopefully be placed in a loving environment where he is wanted and adored for the perfect little button he is.

What a happy little munchkin! I can't imagine being the mother of such a sweetie and not caring what happened to him. Prayers that he will be adopted out to a family that will care for him properly and raise him well.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Next time you have to log in be sure to check that little box for "Remember Me". That should take care of it. Someone may have cleared your cookies and temp internet files.

Good luck!
    Thanks! Yes, my oldest daughter clears my cookies every time she visits. I didn't know that until the last visit when she proudly told me what she had been doing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    How could she not want that sweet child?
    It may not be that she doesn't want him- she may be unable to care for him due to a drug problem. I suspect he's MUCH better off where he is.