GUILTY FL - Deputy Paul Rein, 76, shot to death, Pompano Beach, 10 Nov 2007

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-1107deputyshot,0,2520054.story

POMPANO BEACH - Investigators have found the van that was missing after a Broward Sheriff's deputy was shot and critically injured Wednesday morning.

The deputy, who has not been named, was transporting a robbery defendant to court when they apparently got into an altercation, the sheriff's office said. The deputy was shot and critically wounded by the defendant, then thrown from the van to the parking lot of a Pompano Beach night club on Powerline Road near Hammondville Road, the sheriff's office said.

The suspect, Michael Mazza, stole the deputy's gun and van, which looks like a white ambulance marked with the sheriff's office logo, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Elliot Cohen.

This is such awful news. My prayers are with the family of the Deputy. Hopefully they'll cach the sumbag. Our city of Philadelphia is very thankful for the quick action of the police down in Florida who caught the creep that just killed a police officer here. Now this. I'm so sorry.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/07/officer.shot/index.html

Police hunt gunman after deputy killed

This cannot be tolerated, a very strong message needs to be sent.

And not just regarding the murder of our law enforcement either...

:mad:

That's what they are trying to do in Philly right this moment, Colomom. Two police officers shot in cold blood in like 18 months. It seems to be the very worse time to be in law enforcement. My brother wanted to follow in my father's shoes as he was a Philly Detective for almost 40 years. Started out as a beat cop. He begged my brother to not join because as he said "Cops no longer get any respect at all. They arent' feared. The repruccusions haven't been enough to deter these creeps out there". Example and I hate to even write his name "Mumia". He has a legion of "Mumidiots" and he's a cold blooded cop killer. At this very moment we have a televised version of Officer Cassidy's funeral Mass. Nothing will bring him back.

This killer does not have anything to lose and needs to be captured or killed before someone else is He was already seeing life in prison. We need to keep Florida in our prayers.

Caught outside a pawn shop in Hollywood, FL. Lockdown at school's and Mazzo's mother's house.

From February 2011:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...0228_1_life-sentences-life-term-death-penalty

With no apology and no evident remorse, Michael Mazza pleaded guilty Monday to slaying Broward Sheriff's Deputy Paul Rein and was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Mazza, 45, had faced a possible death sentence if he were convicted of the shooting death of Rein on Nov. 10, 2007 in Pompano Beach.

Instead, he decided to take four life sentences in exchange for pleading guilty to first-degree murder, robbery, carjacking and escape with a firearm. He is already serving three 30-year sentences for robberies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back