Aqua Dots

deanws

Former Member
Reaction score
There is a new toy on the market called Aqua Dots. I just saw on channel 2 news that if the little balls are ingested it can cause DEATH! It somehow interacts with your body and causes the same chemical as GHB...the date rape drug. They are recalling the toy. If yall have it in you house...they advised you to throw it away immediately!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here is a link to the toy.....http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/aquadots402.html

There is a new toy on the market called Aqua Dots. I just saw on channel 2 news that if the little balls are ingested it can cause DEATH! It somehow interacts with your body and causes the same chemical as GHB...the date rape drug. They are recalling the toy. If yall have it in you house...they advised you to throw it away immediately!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here is a link to the toy.....http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/aquadots402.html
I saw this, but they are recalling it without knowing for sure if it's the same composition as in the Australian recall as also has a thread here. They are just being cautious right know.

Here's the other thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55864

It's getting very scary out there. I'm going to buy my great neices and nephews some old fashioned, made in the USA, handcrafted locally toys for Christmas. No lead paint, have to use their brains to play the games and will last long enough to pass on to their children.

I was shopping at Target last night when a customer told them that they had been recalled and she was bringing hers back. They started pulling them off the shelves and they were at the front of the store checking people's carts for them.

I was shopping at Target last night when a customer told them that they had been recalled and she was bringing hers back. They started pulling them off the shelves and they were at the front of the store checking people's carts for them.

That's very impressive! When I've been to Target, I have noticed that they do have recalled items posted where you can see them. It's nice to have a store be cautious on our behalf.

I am a little concerned with advising people to throw them away though, couldn't the little "dots" cause harm if ingested by an animal who may get into the trash? (One of our dogs did that for a long time!)

I saw this, but they are recalling it without knowing for sure if it's the same composition as in the Australian recall as also has a thread here. They are just being cautious right know.

Here's the other thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55864

It's getting very scary out there. I'm going to buy my great neices and nephews some old fashioned, made in the USA, handcrafted locally toys for Christmas. No lead paint, have to use their brains to play the games and will last long enough to pass on to their children.
I know...I am so embarrassed! I asked JDP to delete this thread. I didn't see it until after I started this one...I feel :doh:

I really like Target sooo much better than Wal-mart.:cool:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Amen to that! I avoid Wally World like the plague.
I don't have much choice. I can go to Denver or Colorado Springs at about 170 miles to find Target, or I can go 30 miles east into Kansas to find Walmart. I will say that Goodland, Kansas is a fairly small town with a Super Walmart. It's never crowded, always easy to park, and employees are very friendly and helpful. It's clean, well stocked and I can find assistance in an instant if I need it. We bought a HD TV and new sound system recently and had excellent help with our selection. The young man took extra time with us to make sure we got the most for the least amount of money. When I bought a new camera, they made sure I knew all the features of each model offered. It may be the result of a rural area and local employees who become familiar. I will agree that the Walmarts I have visited in the Denver area have been cluttered and the employees tend to ignore us. I visited several looking for pure Eucalyptus oil to make my horse fly repellent. I was ignored in a couple stores and directed to the wrong area in another one. When I visited the one where we shopped regularly, they had it in the pharmacy. I had no problem getting more when I needed it there later. I did notice yesterday that employees were walking up and down the toy aisle with clipboards making sure there were no items on their recall lists.

I do agree that when I have gotten to Target, I get a higher quality product. I like shopping there for my laptop accessories, like mini cordless laser mice and the fans that go under to keep it cooler. I gave my stepdaughter my old ones with the laptop I gave her, and needed new ones to go with my new laptop. They had what I needed as Walmart didn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back