Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    The facts are that he did find Rowan's body in a sink hole where he says he used to play, and he is accused of sodomy...the victim being a child.

Beyond that, it is difficult not to think on these two facts and wonder if Rowan fit into any of this. I mean, was this the only sinkhole in town? On top of that, it will be interesting to see how the sexual assault charge plays out. JMO.
    I did a search on this deputy and found no conviction. He is not registered as a sex offender in Missouri either. There is a Jacob Boles who is town marshall for Noel, Mo. Does anyone know what happened in his case?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CountryGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl View Post
    I did a search on this deputy and found no conviction. He is not registered as a sex offender in Missouri either. There is a Jacob Boles who is town marshall for Noel, Mo. Does anyone know what happened in his case?

Nevermind. He was found innocent:

Ex-deputy acquitted of statutory sodomy Friday Mar 20, 2009 A McDonald County jury on Thursday found a former sheriff's deputy innocent of sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl. Jurors deliberated three hours Thursday before acquitting Jacob Boles, 28, of sec..

No link; Springfield News-Leader archives ($$).

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CountryGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl View Post
    Nevermind. He was found innocent:

Ex-deputy acquitted of statutory sodomy Friday Mar 20, 2009 A McDonald County jury on Thursday found a former sheriff's deputy innocent of sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl. Jurors deliberated three hours Thursday before acquitting Jacob Boles, 28, of sec..

No link; Springfield News-Leader archives ($$).
    Clearly they knew something we didnt...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    While I appreciate your passion, the plight of the natives in Australia could be a seperate thread on its own when it comes to discussion of forced separation from families and sexual abuse in schools where the children were taken. We did the same here in the US, so I am not casting stones.

Rowan's mother will have to live with the price she paid for her choices-please God it was the wake-up call she needed. It is infinitely unfair that Rowan was murdered....it is infinitely unfair that there were few who would stand up for a child of incredible spirit-for the rest of my life when I read Lovely Bones I will think of Rowan-freed from the pain of her life finally. There is a lesson here for us as well-look twice on that awkward dirty child who is in your child's class room. Reach out to have play dates, encourage your child to accept and show kindness to them. Because you never know.

I agree with you believe09, except that Susie, the victim in the Lovely Bones, was not a dirty, needy child from a broken home where her mother was allowing sick men to be alone with her for hours on end, day after day. Rowan's mother did allow that and she should have been a lot more protective of her child. She failed to put her daughter first and she will have to pay for it for the rest of her pathetic, miserable life - as will so many mothers these days. I do wish she had to pay that price behind bars. Her and all the rest of them.

While we all do bear a responsibility to be vigilent about the children in all parts of our lives, the primary caregivers must be held accountable for the children in their HOMES. Women like Rowan's mother should be punished for being so self-absorbed and lacking in their maternal skills. I'm so tired of hearing of innocent babies being abused and killed by loser POS's who have no business being around children.

Sorry - just MHO.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Lawyers For Men Accused Of Rowan Ford's Murder Allege Violation Of Attorney/Client Pr

The death penalty trial for the stepfather of Rowan Ford and his friend Christopher Collings who were charged with the little girls rape and murder could be postponed as a judge decides how to proceed with a potential violation of attorney/client privilege.

Lawyers for David Spears and Christopher Collings say that their confidential conversations with their clients inside the Barry County jail were recorded. They also allege that conversations between the men and family members were recorded too.

Public defenders say they believe their clients right to a fair trial may have been violated.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/03/lawyers-for-collings-and-spears-allege.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

Lawyers For Men Accused Of Killing Rowan Ford Allege Violation Of Attorney/Client Pri

The death penalty trial for the stepfather of Rowan Ford and his friend Christopher Collings who were charged with the little girls rape and murder could be postponed as a judge decides how to proceed with a potential violation of attorney/client privilege.

Lawyers for David Spears and Christopher Collings say that their confidential conversations with their clients inside the Barry County jail were recorded. They also allege that conversations between the men and family members were recorded too.

Public defenders say they believe their clients right to a fair trial may have been violated.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/03/lawyers-for-collings-and-spears-allege.html

Jackson Browne

I don't think this will hold up in court - maybe the recording of the attny mtgs, but not the family meetings. There is no right to privacy in jail/prison. The Supreme Court has said so on more than one occasion.

Salem

I agree. The family and friends conversations aren't private. However, I worry about the atty/client privilege.

Jackson Browne

Will this little girl ever get to rest in peace?
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

all the tehcnicalities in the world dont change facts.

sick freaks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:

Judge hears pre-trial motions in David Spears case for murder of Rowan Ford

by Sara Forhetz, KY3 News
    Story Published: Apr 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Apr 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM CDT

<snip>

The hearing is part of the pre-trial legal wrangling between defense attorneys and prosecutors. Circuit Judge Tracy Storie is hearing arguments for and against motions concerning evidence. Spears is scheduled for trial in July.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/90848764.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

This case turned me inside out when it happened-it is clear the defense tactic is to draw this out as long as possible to soften the memory of this poor baby.

Hope they sleep well at night.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

The legal system of today.........the lawyers looking for any loophole to try and get these monsters off.....I could not be one of their lawyers and dont know how they do it and sleep at night......

This was one of the worst cases I have ever read about and I still feel so sad for that little girl reading this.....
    REVAMPZ

22. The Following User Says Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:

yikes I have just reread my post above on this page

re the lice I sound like a snob and sorry did not want to appear that way at all...

just last night I had to do a treatment on my five year old sons "nit" problem so I understand how common they are and that having lice doesnt automatically mean she was a dirty girl....so sorry everyone I hope I didnt offend anyone whose kids have had lice.......

however what I was getting at but did not come across right...was WHERE the lice was supposedly found on her.......that to me was so sad for a little girl...
    REVAMPZ

Expert: Stepfather falsely confessed in Rowan Ford murder
    21 June 2010 / Joplin Globe
    by Jeff Lehr

WAYNESVILLE, Mo. — Detective Brian Martin interviewed David W. Spears a day after Spears reportedly confessed to another investigator that he had participated in the rape and murder of Rowan Ford.

Martin, a Barry County sheriff’s investigator, wanted to know firsthand from the 9-year-old girl’s stepfather: Did he kill her?

“I can’t say that I didn’t,” Spears told Martin, according to a transcript of the interview that was presented at a hearing Monday in Pulaski County Circuit Court in Waynesville.

Martin pressed him to be more clear.

“Any way that you look at it, I didn’t save her,” Spears told him. “I might as well have (killed her).”
    ---
    Richard Leo, a law professor at the University of San Francisco and an expert on police interrogations and the obtaining of false confessions, told the court that he interviewed Spears one year ago and reviewed case documents. He said he believes that Spears falsely confessed to [Chief Deputy Chris] Jennings after about a week of accusatory interrogations during which investigators used a number of coercive techniques that various studies associate with the obtaining of false confessions.

Leo said he thinks Spears gradually came to internalize a belief that he must have committed the crime even though he had no memory of it, and this produced a false confession. Leo told the court that the interview with Martin one day later shows that Spears still had no memory of committing the rape and murder of the girl, just as he had maintained all along under questioning before the reported confession.
    ---
    There is no trace evidence of the girl’s body having been inside the Chevrolet Suburban that Spears purportedly drove to [co-defendant Chris L.] Collings’ home, she said. That is significant because in his confession, Spears reportedly told Jennings that the men hauled the girl’s body in the Suburban to dispose of her down a sinkhole in McDonald County. On the other hand, [Spears' attorney Cynthia] Dryden said, there is trace evidence of Rowan having been in Collings’ pickup truck.
    ---
    Dryden told the court that only a small concluding portion of Jennings’ interrogation of Spears on Nov. 9, 2007, was taped. She said the portion during which he purportedly confessed to certain details of the crime was not recorded. Nor were several other interrogations of him by investigators in the days leading up to his confession, she said.
    ---

and more, at
    http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x16...an-Ford-murder

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast