NJ - A'aliah Scott, 10, India Duncan, 6, strangled, W. Deptford, Nov 2007 *Insanity*

White Rain

Reaction score
heart-breaking!

WEST DEPTFORD, N.J. — A young man was charged Friday with strangling his half-sisters, ages 6 and 10, and attacking his mother in a rampage at the family home.
Marqueese Lee, 20, was charged with two counts or murder and one count of aggravated assault, said Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office.
Authorities went to the home Thursday evening when a neighbor reported the girls' mother, Lucille Bevans, had been struck in the head with a hammer. She escaped with her 1-year-old nephew but said the girls were still inside.
Police broke into the home and recovered the girls' bodies, according to witnesses. All the while, Lee was barricaded in the living room, holding a knife to his chest, said Thomas Sullivan, chief of detectives for the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office. more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310277,00.html

This is in close proximity to Philly and it was all over the news all day long. Such a sad, sad thing. This poor mom and it's her son and that was her daughters. Unimaginable.

I don't know what to say. I can't imagine how the mom feels.
The article says the son was on a rampage....wonder if he was doing drugs?

This was so so sad, this happened 10 minutes from my house. I don't know why ...but when it's literally in your backyard it's somehow....someway...even more "shocking"

Not that anything shocks me anymore...shocking may not be the right word...but I am sure you all know what I mean

This was so so sad, this happened 10 minutes from my house. I don't know why ...but when it's literally in your backyard it's somehow....someway...even more "shocking"

Not that anything shocks me anymore...shocking may not be the right word...but I am sure you all know what I mean

Linda, I am so sorry. Absolutely know what you mean especially recently with all the police shootings. My heart hurts for that poor mom.

The world has gone mad, and the little children suffer most of all. It's getting to be too much. First, beautiful young Rowan Ford; now these two precious girls.

Lord, have mercy!

It was obviously a psychotic break of some sort or drug related.. the horror the poor mother has to go through..
my prayers for her

From February 2012:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-11/news/31050215_1_pollard-joe-paterno-penn-state

After school, his mother, Lucille Bevans, was working at Kentucky Fried Chicken, and his sisters, A'aliah Scott, 10, and India Duncan, 6, had asked 13-year-old Jamil if he would take them to play at a park. He said no. Jamil instead joined his friends playing basketball at a local community center. A'aliah and India were left in the care of their older brother, 18-year-old Marqueese Lee...

That night, when she came home to the one-story blue house on Red Bank Avenue, something was off. It was quiet, and her girls, especially little India, rarely turned down the volume. Marqueese was there, and he told his mother that he had put the girls to sleep. But Ms. Bevans knew it was too early. Ms. Bevans went into their bedroom, where the girls laid lifeless. She picked up India in her arms, finding her youngest limp and gray...

Marqueese approached her from behind and hit her over the head with a hammer... She looked up at her son, searching his eyes for any sign of the first child she brought into the world. There was nothing. He looked to be in a trance, still wielding that bloody hammer...

In March 2009, Marqueese was found not guilty by reason of insanity. He had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, and the court ruled that he did not know what he was doing when he strangled A'aliah and India.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back