743 users online (106 members and 637 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Amy Smalley for explicit sex talk with sons, Pardeeville, 2007

Punchline: "Exposing a child to harmful descriptions", is a felony in Wisconsin !
    Alleged explicit sex discussion gets mom probation.

A Pardeeville mother accepted a plea agreement on charges she had a sexually explicit discussion with her two sons, even while she maintained she did nothing wrong and that she didn't understand why she was charged.

Amy J. Smalley, 36, said in court Thursday that she accepted the plea agreement in part because she thought it would be in the best interest of her sons, ages 12 and 16, in that it would spare them from testifying in court.

"I think this is what I'm going to have to do to make everyone happy," she said.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy.

"That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

Smalley's attorneys unsuccessfully argued in court in July that the charges should be dismissed as the discussions should be protected as free speech between a parent and her children in the vein of sexual education.

(more)

http://www.wiscnews.com/pdr/news/255942
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    Punchline: "Exposing a child to harmful descriptions", is a felony in Wisconsin !
    Alleged explicit sex discussion gets mom probation.

A Pardeeville mother accepted a plea agreement on charges she had a sexually explicit discussion with her two sons, even while she maintained she did nothing wrong and that she didn't understand why she was charged.

Amy J. Smalley, 36, said in court Thursday that she accepted the plea agreement in part because she thought it would be in the best interest of her sons, ages 12 and 16, in that it would spare them from testifying in court.

"I think this is what I'm going to have to do to make everyone happy," she said.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy.

"That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

Smalley's attorneys unsuccessfully argued in court in July that the charges should be dismissed as the discussions should be protected as free speech between a parent and her children in the vein of sexual education.

(more)

http://www.wiscnews.com/pdr/news/255942
    Ok....That is little weird.

This sounds ridiculous to me. I always envisioned Wisconsin as being a place where people had some common sense. I can't believe thus woman was charged.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by csds703 View Post
    Ok....That is little weird.
    That's beyond weird. NO decent mother teaches her sons about oral sex...give me a break.

Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    Uh-oh ..... I was afraid of this:

"Smalley said the charges were filed after she brought her sons to counseling in an attempt to help them from getting into trouble. One of her sons told authorities he did not think the discussion was appropriate."

Resistance is futile!
    You will be assimilated!
    By the Collective!

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    That's beyond weird. NO decent mother teaches her sons about oral sex...give me a break.

A felony?
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

????? Give me a break - we don't even know what was said - and a felony?!!! Good Lord.

If you were a single Mom, where would you rather your kids learn about oral sex - from their friends or an R-rated movie or from you?

Parents have the right to talk to their kids about sex and I believe parents are the best place for kids to learn about sex. Of course, parents should take care to broach that loaded topic sensitively.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    A felony?
    I don't think it should be a felony or any crime for that matter. I just think this mom (if the story is true) didn't need to describe her sexual escapades to teach her sons about sex.

The son felt violated, it seems, the sons are the ones who reported this, apparently?

If this had been a father with two girl children, we might be more sensitive to the concerns of the child.

I don't think she deserved a felony, but if you think about a man describing a sex act to a daughter, then perhaps it puts into perspective the boys' reaction.

I would hope a lot more parents would... that way kids might learn that oral sex is sex too. Now they usually don't get that until after the fact and they're already left feeling dirty and sick.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    ????? Give me a break - we don't even know what was said - and a felony?!!! Good Lord.

If you were a single Mom, where would you rather your kids learn about oral sex - from their friends or an R-rated movie or from you?

Parents have the right to talk to their kids about sex and I believe parents are the best place for kids to learn about sex. Of course, parents should take care to broach that loaded topic sensitively.
    Very well said SCM!!

Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    The son felt violated, it seems, the sons are the ones who reported this, apparently?

If this had been a father with two girl children, we might be more sensitive to the concerns of the child.

I don't think she deserved a felony, but if you think about a man describing a sex act to a daughter, then perhaps it puts into perspective the boys' reaction.
    That’s a good point ….. One of the boys was 12, the other 16 ….. The article doesn’t say which one told the authorities.

This whole idea of telling on your parents has a tendency to remind me of "hitler yourh," but there are times when telling is the right thing (namely, sexual and physical abuse) ….. On the other hand, we don’t know all the details and probably never will ….. The mother says she took a plea deal to reduce the charge to a misdemeanor and isn’t guilty of the specific counts to which she pleaded.

She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy.” ….. It doesn't mention whether she demonstrated anything with the "sex toy," but ..... If it were a dad reported for doing the same thing with a 12-year-old daughter ..... your point is well taken, Texana ..... most people might be inclined to consider that “inappropriate” and maybe even suspect a dad's motives in such a “lesson." ..... on the face of it, it does sound more prurient than tutorial.

Maybe she needs to take some parenting classes?

Resistance is futile!
    You will be assimilated!
    By the Collective!

Seven while I respect your opinion I would say those who DONT talk to their kids before they are sexually active are the ones who need the parenting classes, not this mom. Yes maybe she went about it in the wrong way, MAYBE. At least she had the courage to tell them.

Sex education is one thing. It is to "educated" your child on sex and the consequences thereof.

But to describe several of your own sexual experiences as an adult, to discuss and go into detail of the mother giving oral sex, to show sex toys to children. That is way too far and is no where in the "bounds" of education.

From the link above, which makes me think some of the things posted were not done or said at all.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy. "That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

and who says they didnt make some of this up?

Smalley said the charges were filed after she brought her sons to counseling in an attempt to help them from getting into trouble. One of her sons told authorities he did not think the discussion was appropriate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast