WI - Amy Smalley for explicit sex talk with sons, Pardeeville, 2007

Wudge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Punchline: "Exposing a child to harmful descriptions", is a felony in Wisconsin !
Alleged explicit sex discussion gets mom probation.

A Pardeeville mother accepted a plea agreement on charges she had a sexually explicit discussion with her two sons, even while she maintained she did nothing wrong and that she didn't understand why she was charged.

Amy J. Smalley, 36, said in court Thursday that she accepted the plea agreement in part because she thought it would be in the best interest of her sons, ages 12 and 16, in that it would spare them from testifying in court.

"I think this is what I'm going to have to do to make everyone happy," she said.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy.

"That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

Smalley's attorneys unsuccessfully argued in court in July that the charges should be dismissed as the discussions should be protected as free speech between a parent and her children in the vein of sexual education.

(more)

http://www.wiscnews.com/pdr/news/255942

Punchline: "Exposing a child to harmful descriptions", is a felony in Wisconsin !
Alleged explicit sex discussion gets mom probation.

A Pardeeville mother accepted a plea agreement on charges she had a sexually explicit discussion with her two sons, even while she maintained she did nothing wrong and that she didn't understand why she was charged.

Amy J. Smalley, 36, said in court Thursday that she accepted the plea agreement in part because she thought it would be in the best interest of her sons, ages 12 and 16, in that it would spare them from testifying in court.

"I think this is what I'm going to have to do to make everyone happy," she said.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy.

"That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

Smalley's attorneys unsuccessfully argued in court in July that the charges should be dismissed as the discussions should be protected as free speech between a parent and her children in the vein of sexual education.

(more)

http://www.wiscnews.com/pdr/news/255942

Ok....That is little weird.:hand:

This sounds ridiculous to me. I always envisioned Wisconsin as being a place where people had some common sense. I can't believe thus woman was charged.

Uh-oh ..... I was afraid of this:

"Smalley said the charges were filed after she brought her sons to counseling in an attempt to help them from getting into trouble. One of her sons told authorities he did not think the discussion was appropriate."

That's beyond weird. NO decent mother teaches her sons about oral sex...give me a break.:doh:

????? Give me a break - we don't even know what was said - and a felony?!!! Good Lord.

If you were a single Mom, where would you rather your kids learn about oral sex - from their friends or an R-rated movie or from you?

Parents have the right to talk to their kids about sex and I believe parents are the best place for kids to learn about sex. Of course, parents should take care to broach that loaded topic sensitively.

A felony?

I don't think it should be a felony or any crime for that matter. I just think this mom (if the story is true) didn't need to describe her sexual escapades to teach her sons about sex.

The son felt violated, it seems, the sons are the ones who reported this, apparently?

If this had been a father with two girl children, we might be more sensitive to the concerns of the child.

I don't think she deserved a felony, but if you think about a man describing a sex act to a daughter, then perhaps it puts into perspective the boys' reaction.

That's beyond weird. NO decent mother teaches her sons about oral sex...give me a break.:doh:

I would hope a lot more parents would... that way kids might learn that oral sex is sex too. Now they usually don't get that until after the fact and they're already left feeling dirty and sick.

????? Give me a break - we don't even know what was said - and a felony?!!! Good Lord.

If you were a single Mom, where would you rather your kids learn about oral sex - from their friends or an R-rated movie or from you?

Parents have the right to talk to their kids about sex and I believe parents are the best place for kids to learn about sex. Of course, parents should take care to broach that loaded topic sensitively.
Very well said SCM!!

The son felt violated, it seems, the sons are the ones who reported this, apparently?

If this had been a father with two girl children, we might be more sensitive to the concerns of the child.

I don't think she deserved a felony, but if you think about a man describing a sex act to a daughter, then perhaps it puts into perspective the boys' reaction.

That’s a good point ….. One of the boys was 12, the other 16 ….. The article doesn’t say which one told the authorities.

This whole idea of telling on your parents has a tendency to remind me of "hitler yourh," but there are times when telling is the right thing (namely, sexual and physical abuse) ….. On the other hand, we don’t know all the details and probably never will ….. The mother says she took a plea deal to reduce the charge to a misdemeanor and isn’t guilty of the specific counts to which she pleaded.

“She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy.” ….. It doesn't mention whether she demonstrated anything with the "sex toy," but ..... If it were a dad reported for doing the same thing with a 12-year-old daughter ..... your point is well taken, Texana ..... most people might be inclined to consider that “inappropriate” and maybe even suspect a dad's motives in such a “lesson." ..... on the face of it, it does sound more prurient than tutorial.

Maybe she needs to take some parenting classes?

IMHO.gif

Seven while I respect your opinion I would say those who DONT talk to their kids before they are sexually active are the ones who need the parenting classes, not this mom. Yes maybe she went about it in the wrong way, MAYBE. At least she had the courage to tell them.

Sex education is one thing. It is to "educated" your child on sex and the consequences thereof.

But to describe several of your own sexual experiences as an adult, to discuss and go into detail of the mother giving oral sex, to show sex toys to children. That is way too far and is no where in the "bounds" of education.

From the link above, which makes me think some of the things posted were not done or said at all.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy. "That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

and who says they didnt make some of this up?

Smalley said the charges were filed after she brought her sons to counseling in an attempt to help them from getting into trouble. One of her sons told authorities he did not think the discussion was appropriate.

Seven while I respect your opinion I would say those who DONT talk to their kids before they are sexually active are the ones who need the parenting classes, not this mom. Yes maybe she went about it in the wrong way, MAYBE. At least she had the courage to tell them.
Oh, don’t get me wrong, IndyGal ….. I completely agree with explaining “the birds and bees” to children ….. (I’ve even heard sad stories of girls who didn’t even know they were pregnant giving birth in emergency rooms) …… and I also agree it takes courage for parents to broach this subject with their children ….. but when I think of myself at the ages 12 and 16, it doesn’t seem the best judgment to put the two boys with such differing levels of sophistication into the same “class,” so to speak ….. I was mainly agreeing with Texana about whether a dad doing the same thing the mom is accused of (not what she actually did, but what she’s accused of) would put a different perspective on it.

What if the dad is a single dad? Then should he not disuss it with the girl then? Also see my post above yours. I think maybe the boys streched what was said maybe a bit.

From the link above, which makes me think some of the things posted were not done or said at all.

According to the charges filed against her, Smalley last year told her sons about several sexual experiences she had. She also allegedly described performing oral sex and also showed the two a sex toy. "That is what I'm being charged with, but that is not what I did," Smalley said. "I believe I'm not guilty."

and who says they didnt make some of this up?

Smalley said the charges were filed after she brought her sons to counseling in an attempt to help them from getting into trouble. One of her sons told authorities he did not think the discussion was appropriate.

That stuck out to me too. That is why I questioned wheter the story was true.
Assuming it is
This mom is inappropriate, but I don't think she should be charged with a felony.
If stupidity were a crime, there would be alot of parents in jail.

Of course the Mom "thought" she did nothing wrong, most people do. Or else they would not do it. Of course the mother thought it was appropriate to discuss her sex life with her sons. She thought nothing of it.

What do you think, now she is going to "see" what she did wrong. Remember most people who are criminals "justify" their crime for what ever misguided reason they had in the first place.

In my opinion this could come under the category of "covert" incest.

I know I was just saying it seems the boys were in trouble to begin with and who knows if they were not mad at their mom for making them go to counsling. That alone shows she cares for the very much. I dont know this is a weird one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back